Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 03:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,408,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I for one would like to see it happen...... 0 votes for anyone.......

But i know it won't happen, and while I don't like the choices a bit i am going to vote for better or worse, and it ain't gonna be for Obama.
Why would you vote for Romney? Are you worried about the national debt? The deficit? Romney isn't offering anything, any better.

At least vote third party. I hate to see hypocrites who have cried about Obama's spending for 4 years, vote for someone who will spend just as much in the next for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 03:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Why do you plan to participate in a system that is clearly fraudulent? What part don't you understand? You lost your "rights/civil liberties" when the Patriot Act was signed into law by Bush Jr, and the Patriot Act extension was signed by Obama.
Stay home, but keep your mouth shut about the results.
Pretty simple, really.

734 posts, read 933,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If your dumb enough not to vote for a third party, then I also hope you stay home and don't vote.

There is also this "new" thing called a "Write in" ballot, where you can write the name down of any individual you want, even yourself.
Let me get this straight, I should waste time going to the polls to write in my own name, just to exercise my right to participate in the voting sham?

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Why would you vote for Romney? Are you worried about the national debt? The deficit? Romney isn't offering anything, any better.

At least vote third party. I hate to see hypocrites who have cried about Obama's spending for 4 years, vote for someone who will spend just as much in the next for years.
Nope I am voting for Romney because i want Obama out period. If Romney is as bad as Obama is I will want him out too..... And already i don't like Romney. I wish we could vote both the bums out...

Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,300,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Who 1st came up with that ridiculous bumper sticker bunk ? Obama will win my state by 2 million votes. I'd whine even if I didn't vote, no matter which of the big 2 wins.

Because there are other elections where my vote might matter, I'll be voting for Gary Johnson, which I figure is a miniscule message of dissatisfaction with D's and R's.
And you'll be ignored because you're part of the problem that you're whining about.
I don't give a hoot who you vote for, that's your choice, but if you don't vote, shut up.

You rely on others to make your decision for you.
Don't complain if you don't participate.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nope I am voting for Romney because i want Obama out period. If Romney is as bad as Obama is I will want him out too..... And already i don't like Romney. I wish we could vote both the bums out...

I'm going to save this post, as a favorite. Next year, when the deficit hasn't gone down, and Romney is spending more, I'm going to show you this post.

You are going to vote for someone you don't like, and don't think will do a good job, damned shame.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Let me get this straight, I should waste time going to the polls to write in my own name, just to exercise my right to participate in the voting sham?
Its not a waste of time. Voting is never a waste of time. If you vote third party, at least you get a chance to make a change in 2016, because we won't get one from this election.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM

45,247 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Stay home, but keep your mouth shut about the results.
Pretty simple, really.
While you vote for a candidate that wages war all over the globe and then get on here and complain loudly about it? Congrats you voted him in and can consider yourself part of the problem.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Exactly!! -But they just don't get it. Bush didn't reduce the deficit. If anything, he gave one of the biggest handouts to the banks. The joke is really on Americans, because once Obama came into office "under hope and change", he continued the same failed policies as Bush Jr. In fact, the very first thing that he did was grant billions of dollars to the corporations.

Both Bush and Obama aren't concerned about average Americans, but they were very much in tune to the needs of their corporate masters. This is why I will continue to point out that both, the dems and repubs are two sides of the same coin. So it doesn't matter if the coin lands on heads or tails, you're screwed either way.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
While you vote for a candidate that wages war all over the globe and then get on here and complain loudly about it? Congrats you voted him in and can consider yourself part of the problem.
It really doesn't matter if she voted for Obama or Romney. The wars will continue under a repub or dem administration, because in essence the president is just a puppet. War and financial decisions are made at much higher levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections