Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:10 PM

734 posts, read 933,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Whatever your agenda might be.... mine is not to discourage any eligible voter from excercising their civil liberty to cast a ballot in this election. In order for this representative government to work, we need more, not less, participation from everyone.

The last 4 years is a testament to where inaction and apathy leads.
Instead of questioning my agenda, why are you not questioning why there are only two candidates being touted as viable options in a so called democratic free election? Also, why are you not alarmed that both of these so called viable options are funded by the same corporations and have the same failed stance on all of the most important issues facing our nation?

Your post is strange because you seem to advocate voting as a civil liberty, but I'm willing to bet that you know nothing about the very act signed into law by both republicans and democrats, which erode every American's civil liberties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

264 posts, read 617,022 times
Hmmmm, lets see here.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone - YouTube

Obama Zombies gone wild - YouTube

11,185 posts, read 6,514,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And you'll be ignored because you're part of the problem that you're whining about.
I don't give a hoot who you vote for, that's your choice, but if you don't vote, shut up.

You rely on others to make your decision for you.
Don't complain if you don't participate.
My vote for prez doesn't matter and won't affect who wins. Nor will the votes of anyone who votes for Romney in my state.

"Don't vote, shut up." Trite tripe.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:10 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,870,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
My vote for prez doesn't matter and won't affect who wins. Nor will the votes of anyone who votes for Romney in my state.

"Don't vote, shut up." Trite tripe.
Vote for a third party candidate and not only will you be sending a message but if Jill Stein gets 5% of the vote the Green Party automatically qualifies for matching funds in 2016.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Everyday, --friends, family and work colleagues ask me which candidate will I vote for. Truthfully, I'd love to vote in this upcoming election, but I've lost confidence in ALL of our elected officials.

The below video sums up why I'm so dispassionate about the upcoming election.

Boycott the Vote! - YouTube

I wonder however, why so many Americans continue to participate in this sham, despite knowing that both candidates are merely puppets?
amen, both are the same on 90% of the issues, the foot soilders will continue to believe the crap they spew but honestly outsourcing is a american thing, not a dem nor rep thing both sides support it and do it.

Americans have no sense and will continue with the crap, the name calling is still funny but this is the same country that made one group of people feel superior over another group due to skin color so anything is possible.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:38 PM

353 posts, read 458,925 times
I just saw this one yesterday, but it's a favorite of mine already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skw-0jv9kts

Old 10-27-2012, 05:48 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,135,730 times
Quote:
Everyday, --friends, family and work colleagues ask me which candidate will I vote for. Truthfully, I'd love to vote in this upcoming election, but I've lost confidence in ALL of our elected officials.

The below video sums up why I'm so dispassionate about the upcoming election.

Boycott the Vote! - YouTube

I wonder however, why so many Americans continue to participate in this sham, despite knowing that both candidates are merely puppets?
I absolutely agree with you. Since Comrade O'bummer is the worst leader in U.S. history, all d'RAT voters should boycott his re-election and do us all a favor and save America. k:

Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,965,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm not voting, and you can bet ill blame those who participate in the charade for the ongoing disaster that America has devolved into.
Voting= consent
Cracks me up when the patriotic types say if you don't vote,don't complain. I'll say the opposite, if you vote for Romney or Obama, don't ***** when they do something disasterous, because you helped put them in office.
Hmmm, I have to agree with you as well.

Voting gives our election process legitimacy when there is nothing free and fair nor legitimate about it.
When Free Speech = Money, it was the end of our election process and the death of our country.

Those that vote have nothing to complain about because they are voluntarily partaking in the election system and giving it legitimacy.

Those that realize the charade it is have all the more reason to complain because they are not buying the con.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:12 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,504,037 times
If you refuse to vote you dont have have the right to complain later

Old 10-28-2012, 12:12 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:
There are more than two candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections