Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2013, 11:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Actually what that means is that they're really reaching for problems: that's all they've been able to come up with to criticize them for.
I would love to see some posts, praising some possible Democrat candidates, but all we see are posts telling us all the problems the Republicans have, from the wrong ideas and values to the wrong candidates including one that might have diabete sometime in his life cause he gets thirsty!!! I wonder how many remember 2008, when we were told by the so called experts, McCain was a bad choice cause he had some melanomas removed and would certainly be dead in a few years. These same people must not hae realized more people with melanomas are living as long as the rest of us today, because of advanced treatments. I know several, as a matter of fact. My daughter and my husband for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,625,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I would love to see some posts, praising some possible Democrat candidates, but all we see are posts telling us all the problems the Republicans have, from the wrong ideas and values to the wrong candidates including one that might have diabete sometime in his life cause he gets thirsty!!! I wonder how many remember 2008, when we were told by the so called experts, McCain was a bad choice cause he had some melanomas removed and would certainly be dead in a few years. These same people must not hae realized more people with melanomas are living as long as the rest of us today, because of advanced treatments. I know several, as a matter of fact. My daughter and my husband for starters.
That's partially because there are no possible Democrat candidates at this point. No one in the party wants to step on Obama's toes right now. So far it's pretty much Biden and Clinton and they've been talked to death already. Let me know when a new viable candidate comes up, and we'll pick that person apart.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Personally, I think anyone who tries to handicap the 2016 election one month after the second inauguration is a bit of a fool. The entire world can change between now and then.

It also tells me that you really, really need to get a life.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Personally, I think anyone who tries to handicap the 2016 election one month after the second inauguration is a bit of a fool. The entire world can change between now and then.

It also tells me that you really, really need to get a life.
In part I agree with you, but whether we want to accept it or not, those candidates that are even considering a run already have teams out there with feelers all over the place and those of us on CD are pretty much plitical junkies. That is why we are talking about this so much, but I do with we could just consentrate on 2014.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Clinton? Ugh. I just think the Dems need to let go of that. People don't really like Hillary, she is old, and moreover, they don't like dynasties. The Bush Dynasty worked out so well....

Given the Dem. delusions, if the GOP puts up Huntsman, I think he would win. Anyone else would be trainwreck.
Hillary has the highest approval rating nationwide among those probably running for the presidency.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Despite her supposed popularity, a Hillary candidacy presents some serious issues, not least of which is her age and health. Although being as this would be their last hurrah, the dedication of the Hillary-ites could pose a serious problem for the Dems in 2016, making her earlier run against Obama look "friendly" by comparison! Just picture a helluva lot of angry boomer women voters!!

Old 02-17-2013, 01:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
I'm sure you're right because by then they will allow all illegal immigrants to vote, and that, coupled with registered Democratic voters making two or three or more trips to the voting booth, your prediction will become reality.

I wish that someone had the guts to ENFORCE voter fraud laws.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
The two early "contenders" I would support are Huntsman and Rand Paul. I actually think they would make a fine ticket.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,173,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Clinton? Ugh. I just think the Dems need to let go of that. People don't really like Hillary, she is old, and moreover, they don't like dynasties. The Bush Dynasty worked out so well....

Given the Dem. delusions, if the GOP puts up Huntsman, I think he would win. Anyone else would be trainwreck.
I agree. Huntsman is the GOP member I would fear the most...He is smart, moderate, fluent in Mandarin, and has worked in the Obama adminstration...he would pull a ton of fiscally conservative democrats....thank god that he hasn't a chance in hell of making it through the primaries. My personal favorite Dem for the 2016 election is Mark Warner from VA. He did a hell of a job as governor and he appeals to moderates...I would love to see him run with Cory Booker as his VP but I doubt theres any real chance of that happening.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:57 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
I don't know why people think Huntsman has a shot (and I wouldn't be torn up if he won, even though I don't agree with all his views). His candidacy last year got no traction whatsoever. He isn't currently in the national spotlight or an office holder of any sort.

The way I see it, the 2016 Republican nomination is Chris Christie's to lose as long as he doesn't create any major gaffes in the next three years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections