Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,329,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm sure it is, as long as I'm forced to pay for your seemingly endless list of failed liberal plans, ideas and policies you'll always be OK.
Yeah, well we're paying for your dumb wars and stupid foreign interventions. So we're even.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 03:08 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,859,933 times
Republicans keep putting forward crap because they get so hung up on religious issues.

If the republicans put forth someone who ran just on true/effiecent government platform they would win. Instead they have to say stupid things to get through the primary and then they cannot walk back from that before the election.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 PM

577 posts, read 514,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Because any Republican that can capture the center needed to win the national election cannot win the primaries.
Absolutely correct! The primaries are turning out only far right candidates that are not really a true reflection of the Republican base. Until the more moderate Republican voters get into the voting both and put forth a sensible moderate candidate, they will continue to erode their chances of winning national elections.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,082,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well we're paying for your dumb wars and stupid foreign interventions. So we're even.
Last time I checked your faultless black messiah is the one fighting wars in places we shouldn't be and intervening in situations we shouldn't stick our nose. Those bombs they're dropping from drones aren't free you know.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:10 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,125,625 times
Quote:
Last time I checked your faultless black messiah i...
Why do only right-wingers think Obama is the Messiah?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:11 PM

577 posts, read 514,538 times
Quote:
Last time I checked your faultless black messiah is the one fighting wars in places we shouldn't be and intervening in situations we shouldn't stick our nose. Those bombs they're dropping from drones aren't free you know.
Seriously you are not comparing the price of a bomb from a drone to the cost of two full scale wars. To bring it back to topic though...... then you need to put forth an electable Republican candidate in the next election.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:13 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,329,937 times
Quote:
These wars were your white messiah's idea to begin with.

You loved it then...so suck it down now.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:16 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,621,493 times
Quote:
Why do only right-wingers think Obama is the Messiah?
Maybe it's because they're the ones that never thought a mere mortal could to stop the oceans from rising and heal the planet - it's part of the religious right, I guess.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,710,964 times
Quote:
To win maybe?

More pointless than losing? I hardly think so.

Because the center decides elections.

End of story.
Tell that to Reagan. He ran as a solid conservative and won with two gigantic landslides.

People respond to honest conservatives, not the mush-mouthed moderates who pretend they are conservatives.

Election, after election, we get GOP, mush-mouthed candidates, who spend so much time trying to sound like moderates, and come off sounding like a watered down, politically correct version of Democrat-lite, and the conservative voters get disgusted and sit home, while the mushy moderate middle go for the real Democrat, who is playing Santa Claus.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM

2,395 posts, read 3,033,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I haven't seen a good candidate from either party in quite some time, but someone always wins.
That's the real problem right there. Perhaps we need a "None of the Above" choice.

Don't ask me what we'd do if the people voted that way. I'm tempted to say shut the fed.gov down until the next election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections