Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 09:29 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The fear of debating the man, comes from all takers. Especially Hilary.
I would thoroughly enjoy seeing him mop the floor ONCE AGAIN, with Hilary Clinton.
What difference does it make, will be the topic.
Now I would pay to see that. Ted Cruz would surely mop the floor with Hillary.

BTW, this interview has Sen. Ted Cruz addressing the "executive experience" issue which will surely be brought up over and over - articulately answered by Ted Cruz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qk...ature=youtu.be

Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 AM

1,733 posts, read 949,642 times
Quote:
The fear of debating the man, comes from all takers. Especially Hilary.
I would thoroughly enjoy seeing him mop the floor ONCE AGAIN, with Hilary Clinton.
What difference does it make, will be the topic.

You're right, he would trounce Hillary in a debate. Re WSJ left leaning, from Wikipedia:

A 2005 study by political scientists Tim Groseclose of UCLA and Jeff Milyo of the University of Missouri at Columbia attempted to quantify bias among news outlets using statistical models, and found a liberal bias.[53][54] The authors wrote that "all of the news outlets we examine[d], except Fox News' Special Report and the Washington Times, received scores to the left of the average member of Congress." The study concluded that news pages of The Wall Street Journal were more liberal than The New York Times, and the news reporting of PBS was to the right of most mainstream media.

In regardto Forbes leaning left or right, a quick google search revealed accusations from many different venues of Forbes leaning right and left.

As far as Cruz being an "obstructionist," who allowed over 360 bills passed by the House to sit on his desk, refusing to take them to the Senate floor? Cruz did not shut the government down, Reid et. al. did. Cruz rightly filibustered Obamacare- turns out he was correct about the lies invoked by the Obama administration to gain support from the public.

Read through Politifact about Obama's mistruths, oh and let's not forget Mr. Gruber

All False statements involving Barack Obama | PolitiFact

Obamacare architect discussed misleading public - CNN.com

Everyone claims to want their representatives to do right by their constituents, yet here is someone who stands by his principles and he is deemed a nut. If you (in general) are worried about abortion, gay marriage, etc. being "taken away," Cruz is a Constitutionalist, thus will work to keep government interference to a minimum.

Finally, David Dewhurst is a crony of Perry and initially thought his election was in the bag. He's arrogant, and would quickly do what most others elected to Congress do, nothing while pretending to do something.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:05 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
You are a lost cause.... Your 20% of the population as your base, is not the target market.

The conservative independents(Tea Party) is where Ted will focus his pull. As A Republican, he already has the Republican base. He needs the Tea Party to win the election. Something Romney didn't get.
No he don't, where do you get that from? He needs to convince the moderates (the ones you call progressives) to vote for him in the primaries and again in the general election. Catering to the tea party and tea party alone and assuming he has the base vote it's foolish.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Now I would pay to see that. Ted Cruz would surely mop the floor with Hillary.

BTW, this interview has Sen. Ted Cruz addressing the "executive experience" issue which will surely be brought up over and over - articulately answered by Ted Cruz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2qk...ature=youtu.be

He said exactly what I have been saying for over 2 years.
Dole, McCain, Romney... the mushy center, is a losing formula to get conservative independents off their butts.

With an R by their name, they automatically have the vote of the Progressive Republican base. That is easy to get.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
No he don't, where do you get that from? He needs to convince the moderates (the ones you call progressives) to vote for him in the primaries and again in the general election. Catering to the tea party and tea party alone and assuming he has the base vote it's foolish.
He is actually making a "populist" appeal, which I believe the country is ripe for.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
He said exactly what I have been saying for over 2 years.
Dole, McCain, Romney... the mushy center, is a losing formula to get conservative independents off their butts.

With an R by their name, they automatically have the vote of the Progressive Republican base. That is easy to get.
Agreed!

Old 03-23-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
The primary states where you have to be a registered Republican to vote, give us people like John McCain and Mitt Romney. A losing formula....
And you think Cruz will fair any better? I've shown the numbers, facts. Obama would have beaten even Bush's popular vote in 2004 both times, you really think someone on the far right can get those needed votes?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:13 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:

I don't see a Conservative voting for a Progressive RINO(Jeb Bush).
I don't see a Republican, voting for a Democrat, if the establishment guy doesn't make it to the show. The Base(both parties) are going to vote. That is a given fact. They don't stay home. They are hardcore.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
He is actually making a "populist" appeal, which I believe the country is ripe for.
If we are going to see a populist candidate, it will be Rand Paul. Cruz is a wolf in sheep's clothes and I think that will help with elect-ability.

Quote:
I don't see a Conservative voting for a Progressive RINO(Jeb Bush).
I don't see a Republican, voting for a Democrat, if the establishment guy doesn't make it to the show. The Base(both parties) are going to vote. That is a given fact. They don't stay home. They are hardcore.
The problem is Cruz will NEED that vote and the vote of middle of the road independent votes (like myself.) He will need to get them along with the libertarians, tea party and evangelical votes he is looking to get by announcing his intent to run so early. Those are strong coalitions but I don't think it would be enough votes to will win November next year.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
If we are going to see a populist candidate, it will be Rand Paul. Cruz is a wolf in sheep's clothes and I think that will help with elect-ability.
You would have to substantiate that claim, which you can't.

Quote:
The problem is Cruz will NEED that vote and the vote of middle of the road independent votes (like myself.) He will need to get them along with the libertarians, tea party and evangelical votes he is looking to get by announcing his intent to run so early. Those are strong coalitions but I don't think it would be enough votes to will win November next year.
We will see how it turns out. I am not against Rand Paul. The only candidate I wouldn't support is Jeb Bush.

I think that we need to be intellectually honest and go to the horse's mouth, i.e. Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas or any other candidate's website to see what THEY are saying and not what the mainstream media is telling us to believe.

It will be interesting to see how Fox News handles the candidates. I already see Chris Wallace pushing against Cruz. A sure sign that Fox is in it for the Establishment, but we shall see.

I have also seen signs of some not ruling him out as I see Karl Rove doing, thus far, which is interesting.

Whoever the RNC chooses, that is who Fox News will frame their questions around, like they did Mitt Romney - before the primaries were over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections