Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You would have to substantiate that claim, which you can't.
A Wolf in sheep's clothes is an idiom that is used of those playing a role contrary to their real character, with whom contact is dangerous. Cruz is trying to make it look that he is for the constitution but he is not. He claims he's for personal liberty but his recent track record proves that isn't the case as he's not for equal rights and one's ability to make decisions for oneself Ted Cruz Moves to Block DC Laws on Gay Rights, Abortion How can someone who is for the constitution think that you shouldn't follow the 14th amendment?

Quote:
We will see how it turns out. I am not against Rand Paul. The only candidate I wouldn't support is Jeb Bush.

I think that we need to be intellectually honest and go to the horse's mouth, i.e. Ted Cruz | U.S. Senator for Texas or any other candidate's website to see what THEY are saying and not what the mainstream media is telling us to believe.

It will be interesting to see how Fox News handles the candidates. I already see Chris Wallace pushing against Cruz. A sure sign that Fox is in it for the Establishment, but we shall see.

I have also seen signs of some not ruling him out as I see Karl Rove doing, thus far, which is interesting.

Whoever the RNC chooses, that is who Fox News will frame their questions around, like they did Mitt Romney - before the primaries were over.
I turned on FNC to see what they have to say about Cruz. Right now they are talking about the Yemen pull-out the same as CNN has talked about the entire hour right now. I'll let you know how they are portraying Cruz when it gets shown.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If we are going to see a populist candidate, it will be Rand Paul. Cruz is a wolf in sheep's clothes and I think that will help with elect-ability.
Really? Cruz is exactly who he appears to be. He has been described by Alan Dershowitz (his law professor) as the "smartest student he ever had."

Cruz speaks without a teleprompter, and he speaks from the heart. The man is brilliant.

Governor "Moonbeam" claims Cruz is "stupid," and "unfit" to be President because he doesn't buy into the "climate change" hoax. But California is a total mess because of "Moonbeam's" policies, which are quintessentially Democrat policies, as are Barack Obama's, the very policies that are destroying the country.

What Cruz offers is refreshing. It is what we need if we are to rescue our Republican form of government from those whose aim it is to "fundamentally transform" it. I would like to see my children and my grand-children, live in the kind of country with the kind of Liberty and Freedom that my wife and I enjoyed growing up.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:41 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
If he continues to stand by the Constitution and remain firm in his beliefs, he's got my vote. I am not as far right as he is, however just the fact that he shakes things up in D.C., particularly the RINO's, is good enough for me. They are too entrenched and comfortable, and do everything they can to marginalize Cruz. However, Cruz made his position crystal clear when he said that he didn't go to Washington to make friends, he went there to represent his constituents in Texas. He's actually doing his job.
I think Huckabee and Santorum will be a bigger hit with the religious right.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:43 AM

936 posts, read 2,068,067 times
Default Ted Cruz officially running

with Ted Cruz officially announcing his intentions to run for pres, convince me why he's the best man for the job.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
There's 32+/- Republicans currently vying for 2016.

Cruz relied heavily on Sarah Palin to secure the nomination for the Senate and there's grassroots support for a Cruz/ Palin 2016 ticket.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:51 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There's 32+/- Republicans currently vying for 2016.

Cruz relied heavily on Sarah Palin to secure the nomination for the Senate and there's grassroots support for a Cruz/ Palin 2016 ticket.
I'd go for a Cruz/Walker ticket.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:52 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Well let's see if I can get this started.......

To begin with, his name isn't Bush, Clinton, or Obama.

Furthermore it seems his policies would be anything but what those other three names mentioned have embraced in the past.

Those two things alone should be enough to put him light years ahead of the pack.

But with the addled brains of the majority of Americans today, it probably isn't.

CN.......

Old 03-23-2015, 11:57 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
If we are going to see a populist candidate, it will be Rand Paul. Cruz is a wolf in sheep's clothes and I think that will help with elect-ability.

The problem is Cruz will NEED that vote and the vote of middle of the road independent votes (like myself.) He will need to get them along with the libertarians, tea party and evangelical votes he is looking to get by announcing his intent to run so early. Those are strong coalitions but I don't think it would be enough votes to will win November next year.

I don't see you as middle of the road. You are a lost vote that will never go to anyone with an R by their name. No matter what. Your not the market, that is to be targeted. That would be wasted effort and resources. In other words. A bad business decision.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Really? Cruz is exactly who he appears to be. He has been described by Alan Dershowitz (his law professor) as the "smartest student he ever had."

Cruz speaks without a teleprompter, and he speaks from the heart. The man is brilliant.

Governor "Moonbeam" claims Cruz is "stupid," and "unfit" to be President because he doesn't buy into the "climate change" hoax. But California is a total mess because of "Moonbeam's" policies, which are quintessentially Democrat policies, as are Barack Obama's, the very policies that are destroying the country.

What Cruz offers is refreshing. It is what we need if we are to rescue our Republican form of government from those whose aim it is to "fundamentally transform" it. I would like to see my children and my grand-children, live in the kind of country with the kind of Liberty and Freedom that my wife and I enjoyed growing up.
Cruz is refreshing if you think that a President shouldn't be a compromiser in chief. I don't care if the guy is smart, the smartest guy don't win elections, the person who is the best fit wins. This is why most presidents have won their election. Not all were the smartest Presidential candidate. Clinton was a common sense idiot and W. Bush was a buffoon. Remember, W. Bush BEAT Gore.

The main problem with Cruz is he claims he is for the Constitution but don't believe that we should all have equal rights. He is pro-DOMA, meaning you can't be legally married (as oppose to religious marriage) if you are gay which means gays cannot have equal rights (despite the 14th amendment making that unconstitutional.) You can't just choose the parts of the Constitution you want to follow IF you are going to be for following the Constitution.

To update, it's been 40 minutes and NO Cruz talk on FNC yet. He will however be on Hannity tonight at 10 PM.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:16 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times
Quote:
Cruz is refreshing if you think that a President shouldn't be a compromiser in chief. I don't care if the guy is smart, the smartest guy don't win elections, the person who is the best fit wins. This is why most presidents have won their election. Not all were the smartest Presidential candidate. Clinton was a common sense idiot and W. Bush was a buffoon. Remember, W. Bush BEAT Gore.

The main problem with Cruz is he claims he is for the Constitution but don't believe that we should all have equal rights. He is pro-DOMA, meaning you can't be legally married (as oppose to religious marriage) if you are gay which means gays cannot have equal rights (despite the 14th amendment making that unconstitutional.) You can't just choose the parts of the Constitution you want to follow IF you are going to be for following the Constitution.

To update, it's been 40 minutes and NO Cruz talk on FNC yet. He will however be on Hannity tonight at 10 PM.
Cruz believes in equal rights under the Constitution, he just doesn't agree that one group gets to redefine the "definition" of marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections