Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 07:50 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,130,318 times

Advertisements

Was watching MSNBC and the host (don't know his name, comes on after Morning Joe) had on David Frum and Frum said Rubio has 2 things going for him (not):

1. In an election where the obvious sentiment is that people are sick and tired of Washington politicians, Rubio stands on the stage with a whole boatload of them standing behind him.

2. I don't remember because I'm still laughing from Number 1.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:17 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,248,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Was watching MSNBC and the host (don't know his name, comes on after Morning Joe) had on David Frum and Frum said Rubio has 2 things going for him (not):

1. In an election where the obvious sentiment is that people are sick and tired of Washington politicians, Rubio stands on the stage with a whole boatload of them standing behind him.

2. I don't remember because I'm still laughing from Number 1.
Haha! So true. His campaign representatives (and Fox) are still trying to tell us he's a tea party outsider, so I bet Rubio secretly would like the endorsements to quietly go away.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:41 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,984,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Haha! So true. His campaign representatives (and Fox) are still trying to tell us he's a tea party outsider, so I bet Rubio secretly would like the endorsements to quietly go away.
He's more of an outsider than Donnie, who has spent his entire life buying influence from Democrats and hobknobbing with other lobbyists and fat cats.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
He's more of an outsider than Donnie, who has spent his entire life buying influence from Democrats and hobknobbing with other lobbyists and fat cats.
No US Senator is an outsider. Each and every one of them are responsible for the lousy approval ratings for Capitol Hill including the two lunkheads my state sends there.

Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Influence for what? Land for real estate?

The lobbyists who control every single candidate (besides Trump) want open borders. That's bad for the country, and there's the difference.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,984,556 times
Quote:
Influence for what? Land for real estate?

The lobbyists who control every single candidate (besides Trump) want open borders. That's bad for the country, and there's the difference.
False. Cruz, Rubio, Carson and Kasich have all advocated border security first, including building Donnie-Boy's wall.

Why do Trump supporters so easily lie?

Old 02-22-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
False. Cruz, Rubio, Carson and Kasich have all advocated border security first, including building Donnie-Boy's wall.

Why do Trump supporters so easily lie?
Rupert Murdoch, Fox owner billionaire, endorsed Marco Rubio authored gang of 8 bill. Goldman Sachs, who donated to Cruz campaign (his wife works there) is also for open borders (North American Union).

Republicans have advocated for border security every election cycle, meanwhile record numbers flow across the border, so they aren't serious about it. They didn't start talking about the wall until Donnie Boy brought it up, and the only one talking about building a wall is Cruz.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:24 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,240,864 times
Quote:
Rupert Murdoch, Fox owner billionaire, endorsed Marco Rubio authored gang of 8 bill. Goldman Sachs, who donated to Cruz campaign (his wife works there) is also for open borders (North American Union).

Republicans have advocated for border security every election cycle, meanwhile record numbers flow across the border, so they aren't serious about it. They didn't start talking about the wall until Donnie Boy brought it up, and the only one talking about building a wall is Cruz.

Many of us have never forgotten that Regan was the last President to offer amnesty. We also watched as current Republican leadership rubber stamped, even encouraged, most of Obama's budgets and dealings with immigration.

I would not trust Rubio on immigration. I believe that he would be no better than Hillary or Sanders. Cruz has a better record; but he is simply another politician that could be lying to gain the office. I would rather give the unknown, but vocal, Trump the chance to set the record straight.

By the way, if you do the Goggle 'Earth' flyover of the border; it is easy to see that one long fence might not be practical or necessary. There are many places where the terrain is formidable and just better security and backing our border agents might be all that is necessary. I would not hold it against Trump or any politician if they took that approach and placed the 'wall' where needed.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:06 AM

Illinois Poll:

Trump leads the Republicans with 28 percent of the vote among those who said they would vote in the Illinois GOP primary. Rival Ted Cruz has 15 percent of the vote. Marco Rubio takes 14 percent and John Kasich takes 13 percent.

The Southern Illinois University Carbondale’s Paul Simon Public Policy Institute poll was conducted Feb. 15-20 with a margin of error of 4.7 percent.

Poll: Clinton, Trump lead in Illinois | TheHill

Old 02-23-2016, 02:11 AM

Georgia Poll:

500 likely Republican voters has Donald Trump solidly in first place with 31.7 percent support. The real estate mogul won every age bracket surveyed, as well as both sexes and voters inside and outside metro Atlanta. The poll has Marco Rubio four points ahead of his Senate colleague Ted Cruz for the runner-up position, 22.7 percent to 18.7 percent, showing more cracks in what was billed as Cruz’ southern firewall.

margin of error of 4.4 percentage points

WSB-TV poll: Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump maintain big leads in Georgia | Political Insider blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections