Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2016, 09:49 AM

29,576 posts, read 9,808,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Also, people in CA vote like lemmings. They see someone who is likely to be a winner and jump on the band wagon. It's the CA way. I can say that because I live there and see it all the time.
Funny, since I liken the phenomena you describe to Trump supporters.

Also just FYI; Picking among winners makes a wee bit better sense than picking among losers no matter what state you're in (me too in CA btw). This is a basic truth that applies both in politics and betting on the ponies...

Old 04-23-2016, 02:21 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,819,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Perhaps best to just accept you "have no clue what I am saying," and leave it at that. You make it sound like what Pelosi said after the Democrats won is somehow objectionable, and of course out of context with all she said, but such is politics, I know. The "public" did not do as you claim, those more conservative inclined did, but either way, if the Democrats have been driven "out in droves," then conservatives have nothing to worry about.

That too is just as much fact!
My post is in response to your earlier post. You keep moving the goal post. I don't care to debate about the stimulus bill. It's done, it's gone, it's useless for stimulating the economy.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:38 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,251,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
unnnnbelievable!

newest poll for California realised by CBS news/YouGov has Trump at 49!

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - California Republican Presidential Primary
Americans want a Mussolini.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:04 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,469,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post

no, not true at all

Old 04-23-2016, 03:14 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,395,817 times
All right. I don't know if this belongs in this thread, but i'm gonna share it. If it needs to go somewhere else, tell me.

Using electoral vote data, i made a map that's basically this: What if instead of the primaries doing delegates, they went by electoral votes?

I went with two rules.

1: Any caucus or primary that was not in any of the 50 states gave the winner 1 additional vote.

2: If there is more than one election in the state, those multiple elections split the votes. Using Wyoming as an example, as there were 3 GOP elections in the state: The first election gives the winner one vote, the second gives the second, and the last one gets the third.

So, by that math, i have calculated...

Trump: 245
Cruz: 94
Rubio: 15
Kasich: 18

And here's the map as well. U.S. territories not included.

I will be posting the Democratic version eventually in another thread. And before you call me dumb, i know the GOP primary goes by delegates, not electoral college. But this is just a what-if i decided to show off.

Old 04-24-2016, 09:45 AM

29,576 posts, read 9,808,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
My post is in response to your earlier post. You keep moving the goal post. I don't care to debate about the stimulus bill. It's done, it's gone, it's useless for stimulating the economy.
I don't really want to debate other than to flush out what I don't understand or perhaps where it seems a counter opinion is worthy of consideration, but we all have our different feelings about this sort of exchange. As you wish and/or no worries of course...

I can't say it isn't somewhat frustrating when someone makes comments I don't understand, especially about my comments. What are these "goal posts" I am moving? At least when it comes to comments somewhat belittling or insulting, a bit better detailed explanation ought to go along with the expression of that sort of opinion.

PS: perhaps you have some level of study in economics to consider how each dollar spent is represented in the economy after that dollar is spent. But from the comment bolded above, I can't be at all sure about that...

Old 04-24-2016, 11:56 AM

957 posts, read 1,138,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
that's a bit of oversemplification, more of a demonization of Trump

I think they, well many of them, now want to be ruled by a problem solver and no more by professional politicians, by one who don't give a damn about political compromises, political correctness, "tones" and stuff...

I don't think Trump himself have really realized what's behind the millions who've been voting for him, they're voting his ideas, not Trump himself as a charachter...

in fact I would have liked someone different, tougher, more serious than him, to bring onto the polical scene populist ideas but we have only Trump as of now so we gotta swallow and write down his name...

btw he's an upgrade from Tea Parties

Old 04-25-2016, 07:30 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,369,030 times
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Primary

Trumps lead with the people is growing. You can bet this is people responding to the GOP saying "*********" we don't care what you want.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:26 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,752,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Pennsylvania Republican Presidential Primary

Trumps lead with the people is growing. You can bet this is people responding to the GOP saying "*********" we don't care what you want.

As I said. Cruz's tactics are backfiring on him.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 AM

17,395 posts, read 11,383,033 times
Latest polls by Real Clear Politics has:

Penn - Trump up by 26%
Conn - Trump up by 34%
RI - Trump up by 38%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections