Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2016, 04:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,695,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Hope and change worked out better than worse, ....
Hope & Change is nonsense, because it means nothing. And that is essentially what we have gotten in the last 8 years too.

Trump brings real discourse to this election.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:51 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,759,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hope & Change is nonsense, because it means nothing. And that is essentially what we have gotten in the last 8 years too.

Trump brings real discourse to this election.
You just tossed out all I mentioned in terms of how we are better off now than when Bush turned things over to Obama. That's what seems more the nonsense to me, since many of those changes mean a great deal to literally millions of Americans.

Real discourse?

Isn't that when you give such exchange a bit more consideration than you do?

I will admit that Trump has blown his horn in some respects that I think all people should hear, just like he is doing now about Cruz and Kasich colluding. I think he's right about that, just like he and Sanders have been to call out the influence of special interest money. Not that this is any real news to anyone, but that is the sort of discourse our politicians need to be talking more about. I'm not sure Americans in general need to hear anything more about how the system is "rigged." Right?

Million dollar question is what can be done to fix these problems and who is offering that direction beyond just more of the same political rhetoric that simply caters either to one side or the other? In particular, who has the wherewithal to navigate Congress in the right direction rather than wrong, actually do right by Americans all considered.

Again if Trump is elected and he doesn't just make things worse for Americans all considered, I'll be shocked as can be (and relieved beyond words)...

Old 04-26-2016, 05:11 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,230,439 times
Quote:
You just tossed out all I mentioned in terms of how we are better off now than when Bush turned things over to Obama. That's what seems more the nonsense to me, since many of those changes mean a great deal to literally millions of Americans.

Real discourse?

Isn't that when you give such exchange a bit more consideration than you do?

I will admit that Trump has blown his horn in some respects that I think all people should hear, just like he is doing now about Cruz and Kasich colluding. I think he's right about that, just like he and Sanders have been to call out the influence of special interest money. Not that this is any real news to anyone, but that is the sort of discourse our politicians need to be talking more about. I'm not sure Americans in general need to hear anything more about how the system is "rigged." Right?

Million dollar question is what can be done to fix these problems and who is offering that direction beyond just more of the same political rhetoric that simply caters either to one side or the other? In particular, who has the wherewithal to navigate Congress in the right direction rather than wrong, actually do right by Americans all considered.

Again if Trump is elected and he doesn't just make things worse for Americans all considered, I'll be shocked as can be (and relieved beyond words)...
You support incrementalism. That's fine, but that's all you're saying. In my view, incrementalism is the main reason we have such a bloated government that rewards pathetic losers for their poor decisions and treats successful people like garbage. We need change. We need someone like Trump who has compassion, but is an expert on incentives.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:40 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,759,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You support incrementalism. That's fine, but that's all you're saying. In my view, incrementalism is the main reason we have such a bloated government that rewards pathetic losers for their poor decisions and treats successful people like garbage. We need change. We need someone like Trump who has compassion, but is an expert on incentives.
I don't "support incrementalism." What gives that impression?

Quite the contrary, I am all for making progress as quickly as possible. I am also a businessman who has been invovled in plenty of incentive programs, so I know what you mean, but unfortunately what I support or want vs the circumstances represented by our Congress and how the system works as set forth by our founding fathers are two very different things. Again, government is not a business and does not operate in the same way, nor should it!

Your rhetoric as to "pathetic losers" and treating people like "garbage" makes me suspect there is little ground for mutual understanding here, but suffice to say I don't see this "compassion" in Trump as you do, and although I agree Trump represents change, so did a lot of world political leaders who brought that change down on the heads of those who put them in a position of power. Change for the worse is not the sort of change we should be supporting.

"Expert on incentives?" Now that's a good one...

What is Trump going to do to get Congress to act in the way he wants? Pay them off?

"You're fired!"

Last edited by LearnMe; 04-26-2016 at 05:51 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 06:49 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,938,961 times
Quote:
It's the former.

If Trump wasn't in this race, we'd be talking about he merits of JEB vs Hillary and a bunch of nonsense like we had in 2012 of 2008. "Hope and Change", lol, How'd that turn out?
"Hope and Change" turned out pretty well, with massive increases in jobs and 20 million more Americans with health insurance, things that never would have happened with the GOP in charge..

Old 04-26-2016, 06:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
Quote:
In deed, I often wonder whether it is that Trump is that attractive to his supporters or whether it is more that the other GOP contenders are simply that unattractive...
It's that the GOP insiders are that unattractive. In a normal year someone like Kasich does really well.

I won't vote for him but damn, he's better than Bush. (George)

Old 04-26-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
"Hope and Change" turned out pretty well, with massive increases in jobs and 20 million more Americans with health insurance, things that never would have happened with the GOP in charge..
Nope. There were massive losses in middle class jobs, replaced by part time work. There are massive increases in those on foodstamps. And government is forcing people to buy insurance they can not afford or use.

Thankfully we have a candidate this time who will end this insanity.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:31 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,433,423 times
Quote:
Nope. There were massive losses in middle class jobs, replaced by part time work. There are massive increases in those on foodstamps. And government is forcing people to buy insurance they can not afford or use.

Thankfully we have a candidate this time who will end this insanity.
The vast majority of employment created under Obama was in full time positions. Another one of your countless lies.

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/politic...-time-economy/

Trump thought he could put Grey Goose out of business with his own brand of vodka. The man is a dummy.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:23 AM

Another Trump myth now passes away.

Trump way outperformed his polling.

https://twitter.com/TheDonaldReddit/...53585512742912

Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Hilarious ... Trump the big guy on GOP campus and he isn't even a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections