Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 09:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,509,257 times

Advertisements

Maybe teddy's whiny/nasally voice and creepy demeanor is starting to wear on the masses. These things can take time with some of the herd being a bit......you know, slow, to figure these types of things out.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:46 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,170,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
As Ive said before. Trumpettes only pay attention to and believe polls their messiah is leading in. Every other poll has Cruz leading comfortably. This poll is a joke, thats why its not even listed on RCP
I noted:

Polls where Mr. Trump is #2: "Nah, it is not good, it only had 1,050 participants . . . not enough."
Polls where Mr. Trump is #1: "It's a good poll, it had 400 participants! 400 is greater than 1,050."

Mick

Old 04-04-2016, 10:29 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,377,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I don't see Trump winning Wisconsin tomorrow. Cruz has the momentum; I'd be surprised if he wins by < 5%.
Correction: Cruz had the momentum.

The anti-Trump contingent in the media have been pumping their chests that what they have been saying all along about Trump is coming true. Everything has finally caught up with Trump and his campaign is imploding. Add to that the abortion "debacle" and a host of other stuff, if Trump wins tomorrow while under such sustained and withering attacks, CNN has to find replacements for Amanda Carpenter and the rest of Trump prophets.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,007,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The more fascinating thing about that poll is how tight the Clinton/Sanders race is.

I would have thought that Clinton would have had it wrapped up by now.
What's "tight" about being ahead by more than 2.5 million votes? The only way Bernie Sanders can even come close to her is if he wins each of the primaries by very large percentages. He will probably win in Wisconsin, but maybe he'll get 5 or 6 points. Without superdelegates, Clinton currently has 1,243 to Sanders 980 pledged delegates. The only way he can catch up at all is to win big in New York and Pennsylvania, which is highly unlikely.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,007,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
No, actually we don't - we actually like his ideas on how to fix the mess we're in ...
What ideas? He can't even make it through an interview without stammering and saying something stupid. He has the highest disapproval rate of any candidate, so he will never win the general election no matter which Democrat runs against him.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:34 PM

37,833 posts, read 41,181,592 times
Looking at the ARG poll, I have a question. You know how you always hear about Trump doing poorly with women in Wisconsin? Why isn't anyone in the media asking why Ted Cruz is doing poorly with men? Only 24% of women say they'll vote for Trump and only 23% of men say they'll vote for Cruz.

If the ARG poll turns out to be right, this is why:

"Sample Size: 400 completed telephone interviews among a random sample of likely Republican primary voters living in Wisconsin (240 self-reported Republicans and 160 self-reported independents and Democrats."

Wisconsin Republican Presidential Primary

Wisconsin is an open primary.

I didn't look at the other Wisconsin polls. Did they include Democrats and Independents in their sample who said they were voting in the Republican primary?

Old 04-04-2016, 11:53 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,356,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
he'll still lose. Your religious priest will take nothing. the world has moved on. You can talk with your brave constitutional intellect glenn beck and basic in the glory of the sophisticated supporters Cruz has rallied
Cruz will win easily tomorrow, but keep dreaming

Old 04-04-2016, 11:57 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,995,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I didn't mind reading your "long post" a bit, but I kept trying to connect the dots as I often wonder how people do when it comes to the reasons they vote as they do.

For example, how does someone registered a Democrat vote for Bush? The first time or the second time?

Either you are registered as a Democrat for reasons that don't really align with what the party and its candidates represent, or you voted for Bush for equally confused reasons.

Hard to figure either way from what little clues you offer in your comment about where you stand regarding what either party represents in terms of foreign and/or domestic policy.

I think that sort of "confusion" is also what works in Trump's favor when it comes to a lot of voters who are really just voting dissatisfaction with the status quo, regardless where that dissatisfaction vote takes us.

Before you call someone confused look up crossover voting.

We have a closed primary, independents, 3rd parties cannot vote, when the Pres election is here, we can vote for either party.

What the parties are supposed to represent is not so.

IMHO, what do the candidates/party supposedly represent now? I think the days have gone by where voters stick with their party affiliation, just look at today & the Rep party, changing rules, delegates mess, now Ryan is mentioned. Geez

IMO its about Money and Greed, not a political party affiliation, It should be By the people, For the people.

Perhaps you are the one confused ...

Old 04-05-2016, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. Trump will win.

And in any case, I've realized the lunacy of marrying one's self to a political party.

You should take lesson from this.
Minds alike

Old 04-05-2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
. Your religious priest will take nothing. the world has moved on.
That had me laughing, I watched him on I think that Kelly show earlier, Kelly started in about Trump, expected , he couldn't wait to jump in on that, religion, bringing mommy into it, he just goes overboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections