Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
The sources I'm looking at say that 62% of Dem voters in SC were black.

Sanders wisely didn't really bother with SC...Hillary's win was guaranteed there. He has bigger fish to fry.
I hope you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 06:35 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,333,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
True or false.....?

Bernie Sanders has no 'southern strategy' and/or no 'southern appeal', even among African-American voters.

And from the victory speech, it appears Clinton have have 'stolen' much of Bernie's platform!

True! Sanders "media hype" has faded! Sanders never had a platform to run on! He tired to run a campaign based on Wall Street, Big Banks, Super Pacs and Pies in the Sky!

Old 02-27-2016, 06:36 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,210,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I certainly hope not.
For the fist time on a long time, I would not mind. Now sick of religious right authoritarian Republicans, Hillary would suit me as well, maybe better than Donald Trump.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:37 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,972,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
But if the black vote is this weak with Bernie, what makes you think Blacks won't just stay home then on Election day? Even if they support Dems. 90%, their turnout itself can drop...basically 90% of 100k vs 90% of 50k(just hypothetical to get a point across).

If Bernie loses black turnout, he will lose states like Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and NC which have decent black populations where losing 5k black votes gives the state over to the GOP. Go look at the margins in these states in 2008. The black voter turnout increase changed these states over to blue.
Blacks have no clue who bernie sanders is, according to polls. In other words, come general election day, this all changes, because people pay attention. Its not like blacks hate Sanders and what he stands for. They support pretty much all his policies by overwhelming margins.

If you look at the working class males on the other hand, he is showing great strength among this group, the same with independents.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:37 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
True. I think more white women are voting democrat now?

The Democrats may take S C because there are more Democrats.
I'm a white woman who votes Democrat. I can tell you that there are a whole lot of us, far more than most people think.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:38 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Sanders coughs often too, old people are like that.

Hillary's coughing is the least of her worries. She's got blood clot issues, hypothyroidism, obesity, and likely alcohol problems to worry about.

Old people die from things like that. Just wait....

2,973 posts, read 1,977,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hillary's coughing is the least of her worries. She's got blood clot issues, hypothyroidism, obesity, and likely alcohol problems to worry about.

Old people die from things like that. Just wait....
Keep cursing... and you know it won't work.

20,524 posts, read 15,917,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Young people lke Bern. Think if Hilli wins, they may not vote. And many African Americans. Like the Bern. So not much to say here, next....
You might be right. Def crazy times here since "everybody" thought Jeb was gonna get the Repub nomination and Hillary the Dem 1. But we all know what happened to Jeb and, Hillary has Sanders biting her in the butt.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:39 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,972,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Romney got all the working class white men in 2012. He still lost. There are more minorities and more women and that's where Republicans are weak.
Yes, but Sanders gets the minorities in the general election anyway. The point is that Sanders is much stronger among non-traditional democratic voters than Hillary, independents and white working class males. Trump doesnt stand a chance against Sanders when he eats into his base in addition to getting all the traditional dem voters.

Old 02-27-2016, 06:40 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,867,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm a white woman who votes Democrat. I can tell you that there are a whole lot of us, far more than most people think.

Being a white woman who votes Democrat is hardly going to get you an Oscar.

But are you the type of Democratic voter who would vote for a candidate as badly stained as Hillary?

That's a whole different level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections