Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:14 AM

89,038 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
It seems many of them accept things as they are. They will know what a sorry living standard they have once they know what it could be--if they know what it's like to live in a Scandinavia country.
What it's like to live in a Scandinavian country: the highest marginal income tax rates are applied to the middle class (at 1.2 to 1.6 average income, instead of the 8.5 times average income here in the US), and they have a 20-25% VAT tax on top of that.

How Scandinavian Countries Pay for Their Government Spending
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 08:02 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
A dream Establishment supporter. Cast a vote for them as they quietly transfer wealth to the Billionaire Class - a class that the Clintons are working overtime to get into. $153 million and counting. Not bad for merely seeking out working class people.

Deflect, deflect, deflect. ONCE again, I ask you did your candidate, supposedly BERNIE SANDERS, vote for Dodd Frank or not?

Yes or No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Maybe you should read more and talk less.

If you go to both of their personal websites and read their policies and ideas for the future you'll see reality.
If you keep listening to CNN you'll continue to believe the hype. Keep in mind CNN will do anything to keep viewers including fueling and fanning any flames they can possibly conjure during this election period. Go to the source if you want a real picture.

But, if you are just enjoying the bs then by all means.......
I actually listen to what comes out of the candidate's mouths. Every debate; every town hall and their websites. I have never relied on one news source so take your snark elsewhere please.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:12 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Deflect, deflect, deflect. ONCE again, I ask you did your candidate, supposedly BERNIE SANDERS, vote for Dodd Frank or not?

Yes or No.

I actually listen to what comes out of the candidate's mouths. Every debate; every town hall and their websites. I have never relied on one news source so take your snark elsewhere please.
Sanders is thoughtful and like Elizabeth Warren they have to hold their noses and vote for these destructive bills at times. At the end, Sanders could vote against everyone of these Trojan Horses and I'd be fine with it.

Yes, I'm sure you listen to everything these demagogues say. You'd be better off observing what they actually do. The Clintons have literally ripped the working class apart while you stand on the sidelines cheeringleading their efforts.

The best cons are those that fool the most people. And the Clintons are smooth con artists of the nth dimension. Is it no wonder that the Establishment adores them? Scoundrels get things done quite quickly in D.C., Inc.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:57 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Sanders is thoughtful and like Elizabeth Warren they have to hold their noses and vote for these destructive bills at times.
That's a rather elaborate "yes". Followed by an admission that Sanders is just as much an establishment politician as the rest of 'em.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
That's a rather elaborate "yes". Followed by an admission that Sanders is just as much an establishment politician as the rest of 'em.
Hardly. But one has to understand the nuances of real life and how corruption operates to understand the difficulties that an outsider such as Sanders faces. He has to watch what he says or he will become a total pariah. I have some experience trying to resist powerful Establishments and it takes True Grit to do it. I'm sure Sanders is grateful for the millions that do support him as he takes the fight to the Despicable Politicos that rule D.C., Inc.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:12 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
I have some experience trying to resist powerful Establishments and it takes True Grit to do it.
LOLOLOLOL. You just crossed the county line into Dramaville. Your furnished home on Talking Points St. awaits you.

Old 02-29-2016, 09:19 AM

Quote:
LOLOLOLOL. You just crossed the county line into Dramaville. Your furnished home on Talking Points St. awaits you.
Establishment are all the lemmings which includes 90% of the American public who blindly supported the Iraq War and that includes the all of the Establishment Politicos and the finger in the air Trump who care more about money than the lives of 10s of thousands Americans and Iraqis. Sanders was one of the few who had guys enough to say NO.

It's always more comfortable sitting in the peanut gallery doing nothing but laughing, crying, and doing absolutely nothing, except screaming for more. The do-nothings have zero idea of what it means and what it takes to try to actually do something. Enjoy the show. Especially all the people who suffer for your enjoyment. Classic.

Last edited by richrf; 02-29-2016 at 09:29 AM..

Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Sanders is thoughtful and like Elizabeth Warren they have to hold their noses and vote for these destructive bills at times. At the end, Sanders could vote against everyone of these Trojan Horses and I'd be fine with it.

Yes, I'm sure you listen to everything these demagogues say. You'd be better off observing what they actually do. The Clintons have literally ripped the working class apart while you stand on the sidelines cheeringleading their efforts.

The best cons are those that fool the most people. And the Clintons are smooth con artists of the nth dimension. Is it no wonder that the Establishment adores them? Scoundrels get things done quite quickly in D.C., Inc.

So - YES. He did. Again, you give Bernie a pass with tons of excuses as to why he voted for regulation that YOU deem EXTREMELY detrimental to the American people.

The Clintons have done nothing of the kind. At this point, I think you rely 100% on talking points with zero real understanding of the issues.

Anyone that supports Bernie then turns around and says they will support Trump - has ZERO core beliefs and ZERO in common with Bernie.

Quote:
Ain't that the truth. That poster is constantly twisting himself into a pretzel for Bernie? Trump? with several daily daggers for Hillary,

Old 02-29-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Establishment are all the lemmings which includes 90% of the American public who blindly supported the Iraq War and that includes the all of the Establishment Politicos and the finger in the air Trump who care more about money than the lives of 10s of thousands Americans and Iraqis. Sanders was one of the few who had guys enough to say NO.

It's always more comfortable sitting in the peanut gallery doing nothing but laughing, crying, and doing absolutely nothing, except screaming for more. The do-nothings have zero idea of what it means and what it takes to try to actually do something. Enjoy the show. Especially all the people who suffer for your enjoyment. Classic.
Oh goodness. So dramatic.

What have you done for anyone lately Richf besides demonize people on an internet message board?

It is you sitting in the peanut gallery and you who are providing the show.

Enjoy yourself.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Oh goodness. So dramatic.

What have you done for anyone lately Richf besides demonize people on an internet message board?

It is you sitting in the peanut gallery and you who are providing the show.

Enjoy yourself.
Yep. All they did was put millions into poverty, support foreign wars, help destroy our financial system (the repeal of Glass-Steagall and NAFTA not only has Clinton's fingerprints on it, it also has his signature), devestate the nation's manufacturing industry, and incarcerate a major portion of the black population.

$158 million for the $trillions of wealh transfer to the top 1% is money that was well spent by the Billionaire Class

I told my Democratic friends several years ago that financial repression and ignominious wars (Iraq War got a big fat thumbs up from the Democratic Establishment) will lead to social and political upheaval that will be riding the back of Fascism? We are there and are close to electing a President who isn't sure about the KKK. If not this time then next.

You want real drama? The type that will really hurt? You asked for it and it is coming. Just keep screaming for more of the same and watch where you end up. Fascism is a direct product of a cozy Establishment while people's suffering gets worse. Clinton's campaign theme should be "Let them eat cake". At least those who still can if they haven't already been killed in one of those Establishment manufactured wars, and I include the millions of innocent civilians in the Middle East.

Enjoy your corrupt leadership. Enjoy the woman who voted to send others to die in Iraq and destroy a country.

Last edited by richrf; 02-29-2016 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections