Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 01:50 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,627,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Nailed it.

I've read page after page here of finger-wagging and putdowns aimed toward an entire race of people ... for committing the crime of *gasp* voting how they see fit. The nerve of those people, enjoying the same freedom as white folk to vote as they please! Thank God for smarter better-educated white progressives though, to come along and teach them a thing or two!

Nauseating.
Well it's not like they are doing so great that that they should be hankering for more of the same. Flint is a good example of what the status quo can do to a city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 02:01 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,929,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Right, because black people can't use their own mind to choose what they think will be the best for them down the line, they are blackmailed by government programs right?. They need a guide, or money... What a bunch of uberlow crap. I know quite a few black and hispanic people who will be voting for Trump, and NO they aren't weak and getting used. And yes, they have minds......you should talk to a few, they really aren't all brainless ghetto kids who need a large government helping hand.

LOL, wtf? Too many assumptions for me to even address. I don't think you understood my post.

If you knew me personally you would realize how utterly off base you are.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:03 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
This reminds me of how people react to me if they are democratic and hear I like Trump. I'm an Asian American and the first thing they say is "how can you vote for Trump, he is mean to China?"
LMAO!!!!
I tell them first off I'm not Chinese, second my parents are legal citizens, third I don't agree with Chinese sweat shops or bad trade deals on the backs of low wage earners just so I have shelves stalked at Walmart. Fourth, my kids aren't anchor babies. So yes, I'm voting for the guy who will be addressing that crap, why wouldn't I?

I want what most people want. Jobs, products that weren't made by underpaid people in bad conditions, a fair chance to sell my own products here and abroad for decent prices, legal entry to our country, a balance between aid and productivity and less of America's nose where it doesn't belong. It's always a shocker to them. lol They usually leave speechless.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:06 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,601,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL, wtf? Too many assumptions for me to even address. I don't think you understood my post.

If you knew me personally you would realize how utterly off base you are.
Oh, I'm sure deep down inside you see them as equal. They just must be getting some kind of kick back because why else would two black ladies want to rally for who they think will do the best job as a president.
If they were doing this for Hilary it's understandable, they need welfare and less police interference but for Trump?

I'm sure personally you aren't the least bit bias about black people.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:07 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,242,409 times
Please, if the mainstream media was actually discussing these issues on a regular basis, it would be in the public discourse long before Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump brought up. And on this thread, if the voters of South Carolina do not even know who Bernie Sanders is, do you think they are reading isolated articles like the one you posted for the Sun Sentinel in Florida?

I watch the cable news all the time and I have yet to see on Morning Joe for instance, a single person say, Golly Gee, wages have been stagnant for years, maybe because there is a worker surplus? And maybe we should not be bringing in a 1.5 million new immigrants this year when the economy only created 1 million new jobs last year? And what would adding 11+ million new workers to the job market do to low income Americans? And what would happen about the rents going up in low income communities and the burden on schools?

Maybe you see this being widely discussed by the mainstream media but I certainly don't.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:11 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So you believe republicans are influenced by big money donors but not Clinton? War corporations, health care companies, big banks, they all just give it to her (and at the same time to her republican opponents) expecting no return on investment?
Yes, because the evidence shows that when Republicans get money from Wall Street, they do things like oppose the Dodd/Frank Act. Then when the Dodd/Frank Acts passes, they obstruct confirming a head.

However, Clinton made a few speeches and got paid for them. Her record on Wall Street is pro-consumer. She voted for Dodd/Frank and also voted for Obama's nominee to head the Consumer Protection agency.

If you can find anything regarding Mrs. Clinton that looks like those fees influenced her decisions, please let us know.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:14 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,359,318 times
Quote:
This reminds me of how people react to me if they are democratic and hear I like Trump. I'm an Asian American and the first thing they say is "how can you vote for Trump, he is mean to China?"
LMAO!!!!
I tell them first off I'm not Chinese, second my parents are legal citizens, third I don't agree with Chinese sweat shops or bad trade deals on the backs of low wage earners just so I have shelves stalked at Walmart. Fourth, my kids aren't anchor babies. So yes, I'm voting for the guy who will be addressing that crap, why wouldn't I?

I want what most people want. Jobs, products that weren't made by underpaid people in bad conditions, a fair chance to sell my own products here and abroad for decent prices, legal entry to our country, a balance between aid and productivity and less of America's nose where it doesn't belong. It's always a shocker to them. lol They usually leave speechless.
I'm Asian too (not Chinese) and agree with everything you said.

Albeit, I am definitely NOT going to support Trump (Bernie supporter).

Old 02-28-2016, 02:15 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,929,815 times
Quote:
Oh, I'm sure deep down inside you see them as equal. They just must be getting some kind of kick back because why else would two black ladies want to rally for who they think will do the best job as a president.
If they were doing this for Hilary it's understandable, they need welfare and less police interference but for Trump?

I'm sure personally you aren't the least bit bias about black people.
Can you at least re-read my post before going off the handle?

I said they DON'T seem disingenuous, but Trump is getting a lot of miles out of their support because it is always them that his supporters use to prove that he has black supporters.

You are being ridiculous to someone that grew up in majority black neighborhoods and chooses to live in one today.

Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,326,194 times
Bernie is the establishment also, blacks aren't voting for him! How long has Bernie been a government employee?

Old 02-28-2016, 03:54 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
It's out of ignorance. The billionaires know why they support Clinton and whom they are supporting; the African Americans don't really know. They are fooled and being used. It happens everywhere, at workplaces, for example, when someone needs support/vote, they play nice to everyone, esp. to those who are not very sharp in judgment.
Yes. All african americans are 'not very sharp in judgement' and fooled. You do not sound like any kind of progressive to me. Are you sure you don't belong in the Trump camp? You sure do sound like it.

Quote:
Who knew that all it would take is a caucus loss or two for the closet racist to come crawling out of so-called progressives? Just look at these horrible posts. You people are unreal.
Are these Progressives? After reading some of these posts, I seriously doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I guess you know better than the black folks on who they ought to vote for. Just because they don't vote for Sanders doesn't mean they are imbeciles.

Mick
Any black person that doesn't vote for Sanders must be a dumb ......... is exactly what they are saying.

Quote:
Nailed it.

I've read page after page here of finger-wagging and putdowns aimed toward an entire race of people ... for committing the crime of *gasp* voting how they see fit. The nerve of those people, enjoying the same freedom as white folk to vote as they please! Thank God for smarter better-educated white progressives though, to come along and teach them a thing or two!

Nauseating.
Are you sure these post are really made by progressives? I, for one, have to wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Please, if the mainstream media was actually discussing these issues on a regular basis, it would be in the public discourse long before Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump brought up. And on this thread, if the voters of South Carolina do not even know who Bernie Sanders is, do you think they are reading isolated articles like the one you posted for the Sun Sentinel in Florida?

I watch the cable news all the time and I have yet to see on Morning Joe for instance, a single person say, Golly Gee, wages have been stagnant for years, maybe because there is a worker surplus? And maybe we should not be bringing in a 1.5 million new immigrants this year when the economy only created 1 million new jobs last year? And what would adding 11+ million new workers to the job market do to low income Americans? And what would happen about the rents going up in low income communities and the burden on schools?

Maybe you see this being widely discussed by the mainstream media but I certainly don't.
Then you are not watching enough news. Income inequality and stagnant income were a very hot topic in 2015 and 2014. You can peruse the forum - Democrats have been discussing it a LONG time. Of course, we were met with ridicule because Obama and makers vs takers, free market, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections