Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 04:16 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Yes, because the evidence shows that when Republicans get money from Wall Street, they do things like oppose the Dodd/Frank Act. Then when the Dodd/Frank Acts passes, they obstruct confirming a head.

However, Clinton made a few speeches and got paid for them. Her record on Wall Street is pro-consumer. She voted for Dodd/Frank and also voted for Obama's nominee to head the Consumer Protection agency.

If you can find anything regarding Mrs. Clinton that looks like those fees influenced her decisions, please let us know.
Do you know that Dodd-Frank removed the firewall between large bank failures and the consumer bank deposits? That's right, consumer deposits bare now on the hook to pay creditors if FDIC is inadequate. It's called "bail-in" and they've done it in Greece.

Pro-consumer? The Establishment? Wolves in sheep clothing, the lot. The Democrats who passed Dodd-Frank simply passed liability to depositors while allowing too big to fail to get bigger and fatter including their own money vaults. Your heros are despicable lowlifes.

Last edited by richrf; 02-28-2016 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 04:27 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,209,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
What don't you post something more specific?

If you are referring to black people then you are wrong because most black people especially those who vote are not criminals or entitlement recepients.
Why should they not be anymore for the 'establishment' than any other group if people. Not all African Americans are the same, part of the same group, as well, there are more white people who are anti-establishment than any other definitive group?

Old 02-28-2016, 04:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Do you know that Dodd-Frank removed the firewall between large bank failures and the consumer bank deposits. That's right, consumer deposits bare now on the hook to pay creditors if FDIC is inadequate. It's called "bail-in" and they've done it in Greece.

Pro-consumer? The Establishment? Wolves in sheep clothing, the lot. The Democrats who passed Dodd-Frank simply passed liability to depositors while allowing too big to fail to get bigger and fatter including their own money vaults. Your heros are despicable lowlifes.
The Dodd Frank Wall Street reform and Consumer Protection Act does nothing of the kind.

It calls for far more wall street regulation and progressives were aggressively for it.

Does the Bern want to repeal Dodd Frank? I seriously doubt it.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The Dodd Frank Wall Street reform and Consumer Protection Act does nothing of the kind.

It calls for far more wall street regulation and progressives were aggressively for it.

Does the Bern want to repeal Dodd Frank? I seriously doubt it.
You are totally, 100% wrong. Sorry to puncture your dream about your heroes.

Dodd-Frank, NAFTA, repeal of Glass-Steagall, Wall Street bailouts, Big Pharma Obamacare, TPP, all the machinations of the Republican and Democratic Establishment to payback the Billionaires for money rendered. Worse than despicable. Now go vote for them so we can have more of the same.

Old 02-28-2016, 04:57 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
I'm Asian too (not Chinese) and agree with everything you said.

Albeit, I am definitely NOT going to support Trump (Bernie supporter).
Bernie is my first pick and I just voted for him against Hilary in my state but, if he doesn't make it then it's Trump. They are similar on many things.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:44 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Right, because black people can't use their own mind to choose what they think will be the best for them down the line, they are blackmailed by government programs right?. They need a guide, or money... What a bunch of uberlow crap. I know quite a few black and hispanic people who will be voting for Trump, and NO they aren't weak and getting used. And yes, they have minds......you should talk to a few, they really aren't all brainless ghetto kids who need a large government helping hand.
I couldn't rep you again, but great posts! Thanks!

We both know that there is nothing disingenuous about Diamond and Silk. Of course the anti-Trumps think that he is paying them but he hasn't given them a cent. After all, in their minds, it's inconceivable that there are actually blacks who don't vote the straight "D" line when they get to the polls.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
You are totally, 100% wrong. Sorry to puncture your dream about your heroes.

Dodd-Frank, NAFTA, repeal of Glass-Steagall, Wall Street bailouts, Big Pharma Obamacare, TPP, all the machinations of the Republican and Democratic Establishment to payback the Billionaires for money rendered. Worse than despicable. Now go vote for them so we can have more of the same.
No, YOU are 100% wrong.

Unlike yourself, I don't hate capitalism. Sorry to burst your bubble. I believe in regulation.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No, YOU are 100% wrong.

Unlike yourself, I don't hate capitalism. Sorry to burst your bubble. I believe in regulation.
Read the bill. There really isn't any reason to debate this. You are factually wrong and even too lazy to Google it. The Establishment loves uninformed voters such as yourself. Or did you expect them to advertise bail-ins in their campaign commercials?

Regulation is fine, especially of crooked Bankers. The thing is, your heroes, especially the Quisling Clintons, are in overdrive repealing all consumer safeguards that count.

Last edited by richrf; 02-28-2016 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-28-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Read the bill. There c really isn't any reason to debate this. You are factually wrong and even too lazy to Google it. The Establishment loves uninformed voters such as yourself. Or did you expect them to advertise bail-ins in their campaign commercials?

Regulation is fine, especially of crooked Bankers. The thing is, your heroes, especially the Quisling Clintons, are in overdrive repealing all consumer safeguards that count.
Look. I get that you got your talking points for the day but the bottom line is that Dodd Frank is a regulatory act.

You have nothing to say but personal insults.

What is Bernie's position on Dodd Frank since he is your main candidate?

Oh, that's right. He voted FOR it.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:12 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Bernie is my first pick and I just voted for him against Hilary in my state but, if he doesn't make it then it's Trump. They are similar on many things.
That is the most ideologically illogical and utterly ridiculous illogical that I've heard in my political life.

I won't vote for a "bought" politician but I will vote for the buyer of politicians.

"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

H. L. Mencken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections