Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 10:07 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,608,234 times

Advertisements

Black "leaders" doesn't always translate into black people. Amazingly enough they have their own minds which they can in deed control, I've seen it.
One thing I hate about Hilary is her grouping of minorities and I'm not about to follow suit. I'll go with these girls take on Trump, and hope most people don't follow the candidates party like zombies but think for themselves. Lots of people are changing their party to vote for Trump.

Trump states there's no need to treat minorities different than everyone else because what most all people want is a fair platform and plenty of jobs. Special programs sounds good on paper but everyone knows they aren't in person. But those jobs we've traded away for pennies DO MATTER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBj9gnZpVLk

I love these girls!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2016, 10:11 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because they, like many people, have figured out that Bernie cannot live up to his promises. He cannot tell anyone where ONE vote will come from to support his ideas. His ideas mean nothing if he cannot come through on any of them.

But you probably like the narrative that they are just all too dumb to vote 'in their own interest'. i.e. your candidate.

Yeah. I sure as heck wouldn't be voting for a basically white supremacist candidate if I were black.

Again, Bernie cannot deliver on any of his campaign promises. He is unable to give us ONE vote.

That's a problem folks.
So black people want more of the same? The New Caste System brought to you by the Bush/Clinton Establishment System. Is the Black battle cry "More of the Same!"? Interesting.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Trump states there's no need to treat minorities different than everyone else because what most all people want is a fair platform and plenty of jobs. Special programs sounds good on paper but everyone knows they aren't in person. But those jobs we've traded away for pennies DO MATTER!
It's easy to say, "there's no need to treat minorities different than everyone else," when whites have the natural advantage. Whites have better funded public schools and black poverty is much higher than whites. Saying the Trumpism, "Special programs sounds good on paper but everyone knows they aren't in person," without stating specifics, is a meaningless statement. The reality, of course, is that SNAP, CHIPS and Medicaid have done a lot, especially for black children in poverty. Also, programs that abate discrimination in housing have also been worthwhile.

Blacks are also known to get harsher criminal penalties compared to whites and the prison population is disproportionately black. Underplaying existing racial bias, as Trump seems to be doing, really just shows a lack of appreciation of white privileged.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Black "leaders" doesn't always translate into black people. Amazingly enough they have their own minds which they can in deed control, I've seen it.
One thing I hate about Hilary is her grouping of minorities and I'm not about to follow suit. I'll go with these girls take on Trump, and hope most people don't follow the candidates party like zombies but think for themselves. Lots of people are changing their party to vote for Trump.

It should be interesting to set how the black vote changes but at this time it appears it is monolithically voting for more if the same and as the Atlantic Monthly arrival describes, more if the same appears to be more incarceration and less Corey participation sure to criminal records. A strange path to follow.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:26 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Default Do people in South Carolina watch television?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
I already told you they don't know who Bernie Sanders is. Why are you conveniently ignoring something I had previously posted several times?
You know, Liberals tend to knock Conservative voters as the ones who are uneducated. But what we just saw in South Carolina was incredibly sad. We have an opportunity for real change with Bernie Sanders and instead South Carolina votes for a flawed Establishment candidate that is personally untrustworthy.

Because as you say people in South Carolina voted for Villary because they don't know who Bernie Sanders is. Not no who Bernie Sander is? Do they have television down in South Carolina? Do they watch the news? Should not voters educate themselves before voting?

If not Bernie, have they not heard of Clinton before? Do they not know that her and her husband have been in office before and done very little to help the working people of this country? Do they know of their personal scandals and that are they getting campaign contributions from Wall Street and multi-national corporations forever looking for cheap labor?

Would it not make sense to educate yourself on a possible alternative to the Clintons???

Villary Clinton is really no different from a Bush or Romney. Oh she talks a good game during elections. Oh, how she cares! But all the establishment politicians do. For instance, when questioned she says she understands about the high costs of drugs but then she turns around and is taking campaign money from pharmaceutical companies. Nothing substantive will change if she gets elected.

Villary Clinton is part of the Democratic-Republican Establishment. Different clothes but same country club. She is not part of the solution, she is part of the problem.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:28 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Most blacks of the voting population in the US seem to be in the Southeast.

Coincidentally, those are the states where people rely more heavily on TV:

Which states watch the most TV [600 x 504] - Imgur

TV is home of pro-establishment media. I only saw one Bernie Sanders commercial today, and the big networks seem to prefer to only speak of Sanders as an occasional corollary of the race, framing Hillary as the default Dem candidate.

Bernie needs to have more commercials on the boob tube, because the networks aren't going to go out their way to put much spotlight on a non-establishment candidate.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:38 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Bernie needs to have more commercials on the boob tube, because the networks aren't going to go out their way to put much spotlight on a non-establishment candidate.

Bernie outspent Hillary and all the GOP candidates on TV and radio ads in South Carolina and Nevada:
https://morningconsult.com/2016/02/w...-c-and-nevada/

Old 02-28-2016, 10:42 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Most blacks of the voting population in the US seem to be in the Southeast.

Coincidentally, those are the states where people rely more heavily on TV:

Which states watch the most TV [600 x 504] - Imgur

TV is home of pro-establishment media. I only saw one Bernie Sanders commercial today, and the big networks seem to prefer to only speak of Sanders as an occasional corollary of the race, framing Hillary as the default Dem candidate.

This is very true. The media is owned by corporations.

Ever wonder why the media does not run stories why wages have remained stagnant in this country or why so many people can only find low paying part time jobs? Ever wonder why there is no cost versus benefits discussions regarding "free trade". We are just told that free trade creates jobs (yeah in Asia).
There is no debate or discussion.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:44 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
black people are only interested in abusing entitlements and that they are a bunch of criminals.
hmm, I wonder how you earned that reputation? Someone pull it out of thin air? I don't think all do but when we have people with entitlement attitudes (black or white) we need to stop defending it and call them on it and cut the nanny string.

Last edited by petch751; 02-28-2016 at 10:52 AM..

Old 02-28-2016, 10:44 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But you probably like the narrative that they are just all too dumb to vote 'in their own interest'. i.e. your candidate.
That's the subtext of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections