Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 03:13 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I believe this is true. The GOP would actually prefer to throw the election for Hillary vs. having Trump become President and disrupt their cozy little world.

Sad... the Government is corrupt beyond our wildest dreams.

If they deny Trump, I will never vote again.
Thats my line I was using weeks ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 04:16 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I believe this is true. The GOP would actually prefer to throw the election for Hillary vs. having Trump become President and disrupt their cozy little world.

Sad... the Government is corrupt beyond our wildest dreams.

If they deny Trump, I will never vote again.
Sounds good, didn't you vote for Obama like WaldoKitty?

Old 03-16-2016, 04:26 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Paul Ryan would never agree to it.

It would be a guaranteed loss to whoever takes the nomination by that method, and Ryan doesn't need to be on another losing Presidential ticket. His political career would be over.
Called It.

Paul Ryan 'will not accept a nomination' for president | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-16-2016, 04:31 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope, this denial is a part of the elaborate mating dance.

Remember this while back? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...house-speaker/ What happened there?

And then: Paul Ryan won't categorically rule out accepting GOP nom

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 04:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Nope, this denial is a part of the elaborate mating dance.

Remember this while back? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...house-speaker/ What happened there?

And then: Paul Ryan won't categorically rule out accepting GOP nom

Mick
What changed? Apparently a day. The one that Waldo is citing is from today. What you are citing is from October 2015, and March 15.

Quote from Waldo's link:

Quote:
But Ryan's spokeswoman, AshLee Strong, said in a statement on Wednesday that 'the speaker is grateful for the support, but he is not interested. He will not accept a nomination and believes our nominee should be someone who ran this year.'
Wednesday being TODAY.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:30 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
Trump supporters need to create their own party,

I suggest:

WNP, white nationalist party of America.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Trump supporters need to create their own party,

I suggest:

WNP, white nationalist party of America.
How about the BBPA, Blathering Braggadocio Party of America?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:07 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,283,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Dear GOP,

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye, goodbye

Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye

Hit the road jack and don't you come back....

While that might sound great to some, I'm afraid if the GOP goes down, they are going to take the rest of us with them.

If the GOP refuses to give Trump the nom, I'm also afraid that he is right that there will be riots. If they give him the nom and put up a third party candidate, it is possible that no one would get a majority in general and it will go to Congress-which the GOP has control over. Paul Ryan could very well chose the next prez. And IF perchance that Paul Ryan is that 3rd party candidate and no one gets the majority, it is possible that Paul Ryan could chose himself as the next prez.

I am not saying that this WILL happen, I'm saying that it COULD happen. All of this could be a moot point because Hillary/Bernie could win the general with a majority.

I'm wondering what will happen to the GOP after this election cycle. I really do believe that it will cease to exist as we know it. It may become a couple of different parties. I just hope we all survive to see what happens.

The times they are a changing.

Cat

Old 03-17-2016, 12:30 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The plan isn't for Ryan to win. The plan is for Ryan to take votes from Trump so Hillary wins.. and the RNC can regroup and spend the next 4 years trying to take their party back.
They've been working that plan for the last 8. Most Americans are tired of them putting party before country, and most see through their crap. Sad that they are willing to take down our country if they can't win it all. Not sad, sickening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections