Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,740,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Same Totally unproved bs the Believers spew.....Nobody Truly Knows one way or the Other, But I'll Believe Science Over The Ludicrous Hearsay of Ancient Humans......
Please ... the question wasn't intended to spark a religious debate. The religion forum is rife with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,723,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I was wondering how Christians (or those who feel / think themselves to be Christians) reconcile trumps words, actions and attitudes with their Christian values.
That was the point of the question.
You didn't set it up that way. You said:

Quote:
I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?
Anyway, do you think that Jesus would vote for trump? And if yes, why?
I'm pointing out that your premise is flawed. It's a pointless question.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:17 PM

890 posts, read 1,052,573 times
Quote:
perhaps you need to hone your communication skills 'cause not much goes over my head.

Perhaps you need to re-access your Comm Skills then, cause this one clearly did......

Old 03-18-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Please ... the question wasn't intended to spark a religious debate. The religion forum is rife with that.
Cool Beans.....

Old 03-18-2016, 11:20 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Quote:

Jesus was a jew dude.
Yes, but scholars believe that he was of the Middle Eastern descent. It is understood that his skin was olive-colored, which is consistent with the skin of people in the Levant region. Haven't you read this stuff before?

Mick

Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, but scholars believe that he was of the Middle Eastern descent. It is understood that his skin was olive-colored, which is consistent with the skin of people in the Levant region. Haven't you read this stuff before?

Mick
No, because Apparently Nothin Escapes Her.....

Old 03-18-2016, 11:23 PM

21,097 posts, read 19,697,247 times
Quote:
O.K. .. fair enough.
Although i happen to feel that Bernie Sanders upholds the essential Christian values more than any of the candidates. But i don't know Cruz and i don't know to what degree he is a "good Christian". As we all (or most of us) know, one can be "very religious" and not necessarily walk the talk. I'm not saying that's true of Cruz. I don't know.
I think Jesus is abhorred by people like Sanders who want to make people dependent on a big bureaucratic government. Isn't that what killed him?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:30 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I think Jesus is abhorred by people like Sanders who want to make people dependent on a big bureaucratic government. Isn't that what killed him?
He's probably pretty pissed at Hillary too for consorting with those Wall Street money changers.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:39 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,464,858 times
Quote:
Or maybe because Bernie Sanders is a true humanitarian and always has been.

I believe that Sanders supports a two state solution. Beyond that, i don't know.
I can't pick on bernie from the standpoint that I think he could do good in cleaning up elements in the democratic party on some levels, just like what's going on now in the republican party. Unfortunately, I don't think he will be successful on this regard since he's falling behind hillary.

Old 03-19-2016, 12:40 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,111,606 times
Wait, this is a trick question, isn't it?

Jesus has no voter ID.

Or US citizenship.

Hmm, I wonder if his name is pronounced "Hay-sus" . . . . I had a landscaper named Jesus Castro once.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections