Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:13 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,836,186 times

Advertisements

I'm Catholic - and the great thing about this country is that Jesus' vote counts no more, no less than mine.

And he better be sure to bring ID
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:13 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
In on the other hand our choice would be Cruz and I say no thank you. Last week the forum was treated to a vid of Rafael Cruz Ted's father. I do not belong to that sect that preaches " seven mountain theology" or the prosperity gospel. The bible I am reading has a whole different message.

I keep my religion and politics separated.
Of course you're free to do as you will but separation of church and state doesn't mean that individuals shouldn't do their best to "walk the talk".

How can you keep your religion and your political actions (or any actions) separate? If you keep your spirituality and your actions (in any arena) separate, wouldn't you say that you lack integrity / integration?

Do you keep your religion and politics separate based on the "separation of church and state"? which has solely to do with how our government works and isn't intended to be a guiding principle for the individual.

I'm asking in respect because i find this kind of separation very interesting and i'm just curious.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:15 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Jesus doesn't care about politics.....or politicians. Wished they would stop using him and the bible...

Old 03-19-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Considering something like 80% of the population is Christian, why pose it to Trump supporters only? God the desperation is pathetic.
I'm sincerely interested to know how trump supporters reconcile their support for a very "un-Christian" person with their Christian values.
I'm truly interested because i don't understand.
I'm not asking as a Christian. I'm asking as someone who is baffled by this phenomena and though i don't know how many trump supporters consider themselves to be Christian, i assume there are many who do.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:21 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
He wouldnt be able to vote, cause he was a mere human who's been dead for over Two Thousand Yrs and was never the "Son of God" he claimed to be, cause "God" does not exist either........And Begin Anti-Evolutionist Irrational arguments in 3,2,1.......
Actually, Jesus did not assume to be the son of God. That was a man-made for "convenience" sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Or maybe because Bernie Sanders is a true humanitarian and always has been.

I believe that Sanders supports a two state solution. Beyond that, i don't know.
Jesus would not support abortion per the Ten Commandments, "Thou shall not kill."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't think there is a more Christian candidate. Cruz's father is a pastor and Cruz is very religious. No, he is not perfect by any means, but Jesus is merciful. He would and will take everything into account.
Not the cult "kill the gays" Christians. Again, like with abortion, "Thou shall not kill." These people are very dangerous, stress "VERY", these people want to scapegoat the issues of our country blaming SSM and if you know anything about history, when that doesn't fix "it", they move on to the next group that they blame until they are the only ones left. We must not let this happen. They are working behind the scenes to try to get ministers into politics to move this agenda forward. This is all verifiable through googling:

Understand where these people want to go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_kehg8F3kU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1IXDrXgV0

Quote:
I was wondering how Christians (or those who feel / think themselves to be Christians) reconcile trumps words, actions and attitudes with their Christian values.
That was the point of the question.
Cruz has one god, himself. He truly has serious issues. Jesus would not vote for someone that has tried to lie and cheat their way into a position. Cruz demonstrates what being "separated from God" means as he no longer knows good from evil. He is one bad dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I'm not religious, but I've always liked the phrase "God helps those who help themselves". I always thought that came from the bible, but apparently it doesn't. God apparently wants people to take initiative for their own well being. And Jesus forgives. I guess Jesus would vote for Trump. Love him or hate him, Trump is willing to speak up and tackle some things that the others are unwilling to acknowledge. He is sort of the we'll fix this problem ourselves guy.
I think Jesus would look at their hearts, have a conversation with each one and make an intelligent choice. Of course, that means he would support Trump. Trump's heart is in the right place, with the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
In on the other hand our choice would be Cruz and I say no thank you. Last week the forum was treated to a vid of Rafael Cruz Ted's father. I do not belong to that sect that preaches " seven mountain theology" or the prosperity gospel. The bible I am reading has a whole different message.

I keep my religion and politics separated.
I don't understand where that "religion" came up with the Seven Mountain's stuff. I also support separation of politics and government so we don't end up like Islam where we do pick out groups and kill them in the name of a "god" that obviously has nothing to do with God.

This article will help people understand that these nut cases will do whatever necessary, I am sure this is how Cruz justifies his lying and cheating ways, to move their agenda forward, oddly, just like ISIS:

Seven Mountains Advocate Declares That God Has Given Donald Trump 'An Anointing For The Mantle Of Government' | Right Wing Watch

Quote:
There's no flawed premise. There's no premise. There's an assumption in the original post and one that i admitted in that original post might be wrong.

I said, "I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?

Does anyone one know what percentage of trump supporters are or consider themselves to be Christian?
Do you?
It's not a pointless question to me. If it's pointless to you, move on.
I do think it's a relevant question for those who think that "Jesus is the Way" and yet are supporting a candidate who is violent, abusive, unkind, unloving, lacking in compassion, intolerant, lacking in grace (graciousness), and has 0 humility. I'm sure i forgot a few other of his virtues.

I am truly / sincerely interested to know how those who are Christian and support trump reconcile that with their Christian values.
Please keep in mind that we have a diverse country with many religions not just Christianity. I am not sure why being a "Christian" is considered paramount or not when it comes to choosing a POTUS for our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Considering something like 80% of the population is Christian, why pose it to Trump supporters only? God the desperation is pathetic.
You noticed to. Well, at least this time, the OP thinning veiled the anti-Trump premise in the first post.

Majority of Americans Prefer Candidates Who Support Separation of Church and State: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progres...rch-and-state/

Old 03-19-2016, 10:39 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,892 times
Quote:
Maybe this isn't the right forum for this question but i hope it is. I think it's an important question and one that may shed some light on the elections and trump, et al in a different way that might be relevant. Or not.

I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?
Anyway, do you think that Jesus would vote for trump? And if yes, why?
Of all of the people still on this election cycle stage, who do you think Jesus would vote for?
Just curious.

Jesus has no VOTE, fictional characters are not eligible to vote! That includes Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny!

Last edited by tillman7; 03-19-2016 at 10:56 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 10:43 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Let's just acknowledge that Jesus was a darker skinned man from the Middle East. Draw your own conclusions.

Mick
Are you suggesting Jesus cared about skin color. God's ways are higher than man's ways.

God also said they is an order to things. To take care of your own household first. And if you don't ,you are worse than an unbeliever. Americans should be taken care of before illegals.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:45 AM

5,854 posts, read 5,290,237 times
My guess is that Jesus would vote for the Jewish Vermonter from New York.

Cat

Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 AM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
He's probably pretty pissed at Hillary too for consorting with those Wall Street money changers.
If the left witnessed Jesus overturning the tables of the money changers,they would call Jesus violent, a hater and not a candidate for being they Lord and Savior of the people.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Please keep in mind that we have a diverse country with many religions not just Christianity. I am not sure why being a "Christian" is considered paramount or not when it comes to choosing a POTUS for our country.

Majority of Americans Prefer Candidates Who Support Separation of Church and State: US majority prefers candidates who support separation of church and state
Of course it's a diverse country. I'm not asking as a Christian.

I believe that the majority of trump supporters are either Christians or non-religious. I'm betting most are Christian or were at least raised as Christians and still have some degree of respect for / devotion to Jesus Christ.
I simply asked how those who are supporting trump and who are Christian reconcile their Christian values with a man like trump.

I said nothing that indicated that i thought that being Christian or not is relevant to the choosing of a president.

And my question is not about the candidates and to the degree to which they understand (as i do) the importance of separation of church and state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections