Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:04 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are you suggesting Jesus cared about skin color. God's ways are higher than man's ways.

God also said they is an order to things. To take care of your own household first. And if you don't ,you are worse than an unbeliever. Americans should be taken care of before illegals.
No, why would Jesus care about his olive-colored skin? However, certain people may treat him different because of it.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Default Trump supporters .... Who Would Jesus Vote For?

He'd vote for two Corinthians, no doubt.

He and The Donald agree.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:06 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Of course it's a diverse country. I'm not asking as a Christian.

I believe that the majority of trump supporters are either Christians or non-religious. I'm betting most are Christian or were at least raised as Christians and still have some degree of respect for / devotion to Jesus Christ.
I simply asked how those who are supporting trump and who are Christian reconcile their Christian values with a man like trump.

I said nothing that indicated that i thought that being Christian or not is relevant to the choosing of a president.

And my question is not about the candidates and to the degree to which they understand (as i do) the importance of separation of church and state.
With that clarification the choice is easy. Put the good of the country and it's people first like Trump does. If you want to elect someone based on personality, skin color, vote where you can do it best. Like Dancing with the Stars and the Oscars.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:07 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Not to mention The Left's support of abortion, banning religious displays, banning school prayer, general anti-religiousness, homosexual marriage, welfare dependency, drug legalization, assisted suicide, etc.
That must by why Pope Francis' positions are suspiciously similar to that of the Democratic platform in many respects.

Mick

Old 03-19-2016, 11:07 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Another question would be: Would Trump's God vote for Trump?
Since trump's god is himself, I think the answer to that is yes. Unless he foolishly didn't bother to register to vote.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:15 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
If the left witnessed Jesus overturning the tables of the money changers,they would call Jesus violent, a hater and not a candidate for being they Lord and Savior of the people.
We are all (with few exceptions), to varying degrees, enslaved by the almighty dollar.
That is not a disease that afflicts only a few or only one political party although who do you think those benefitting from the huge profits of big pharma, big ag and the fossil fuel industry want as president?
Certainly not Bernie Sanders who is far, far to the left. A true humanitarian.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:16 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No, why would Jesus care about his olive-colored skin? However, certain people may treat him different because of it.

Mick
Why? What has skin color have to do with anything.? Only the left keeps skin color a reason to divide. If they categorized eye color I am sure many people would become bias. The left loves to pit one another against one another in regards to their differences. They keep in power that way.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
My guess is that Jesus would vote for the Jewish Vermonter from New York.

Cat
Yep.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:17 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I'm sincerely interested to know how trump supporters reconcile their support for a very "un-Christian" person with their Christian values.
I'm truly interested because i don't understand.
I'm not asking as a Christian. I'm asking as someone who is baffled by this phenomena and though i don't know how many trump supporters consider themselves to be Christian, i assume there are many who do.
It appears that trump followers actually are more concerned about perceived unfairness towards themselves in terms of immigration and the economy/jobs, than they are concerned with behavior unbecoming of a christian.

The 'christian' part of their lives is taking a back seat to those other things. Perhaps they will regret that later, or perhaps not.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Why? What has skin color have to do with anything.? Only the left keeps skin color a reason to divide. If they categorized eye color I am sure many people would become bias. The left loves to pit one another against one another in regards to their differences. They keep in power that way.
Ah, a classic psychological projection!

"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections