Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:04 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times

Advertisements

He would vote for Trump, because he was a carpenter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 12:24 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Maybe this isn't the right forum for this question but i hope it is. I think it's an important question and one that may shed some light on the elections and trump, et al in a different way that might be relevant. Or not.

I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?
Anyway, do you think that Jesus would vote for trump? And if yes, why?
Of all of the people still on this election cycle stage, who do you think Jesus would vote for?
Just curious.
First Jesus is not a legal resident of the USA so he doesn't have the right to vote. As for the observed faith of Trump supporters I think it is a mute point, I think his strength is that he garners support based on his positions not by his alleged church attendance. Remember we are voting on a political leader not a religious one....

Old 03-19-2016, 12:52 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,740,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
First Jesus is not a legal resident of the USA so he doesn't have the right to vote. As for the observed faith of Trump supporters I think it is a mute point, I think his strength is that he garners support based on his positions not by his alleged church attendance. Remember we are voting on a political leader not a religious one....
I'm grateful for copy and paste 'cause i don't have to keep writing the same response.
And i'm not asking as a Christian.

As i said to a previous poster :

"It's a metaphorical question.
Again, it's a question i posed to Christians who also support trump as i can't understand how they reconcile their Christian values with a person like trump who, despite the fact that he claims to be a Christian, most certainly does not speak and act like one!"

I could care less if a Christian is in the White House or how much he/she attends church and what his/her religious / spiritual life is about. I do care however, that there is a true human being in the White House who is as committed as possible to doing no harm. To anyone. Anywhere. Including the planet!

Old 03-19-2016, 02:02 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Quote:
Sigh.
It's not an argument. It's a question i posed to Christians who also support trump as i can't understand how they reconcile their Christian values with a person like trump who, despite the fact that he claims to be a Christian, most certainly does not speak and act like one!
I'm sincerely interested. I want to understand.

And no. Nowhere did i imply that Christians are superior in any way.

And what "good" pray tell, has trump contributed to this world? Seriously!

And that you (or others) have "sinned" is your rationalization for voting for a "sinner"? And yes, we've all "sinned". We've all acted in ways that aren't loving and kind and compassionate, etc.. But does that mean, because we're aware / conscious of the the fact that we've been less than stellar, we just throw up our hands and allow bad behavior to rule?
Okay, let me try again. In order to vote for Trump, I don't have to reconcile my Christian values. I don't consider myself a better Christian than Trump. What good has he done? He has provided jobs for people and has given millions to charity.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:16 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Did the Walls of Jerusalem keep the Romans out?

The Romans ruled Jerusalem! ....didn't you take history.

the walls works in every house and every mansion in this country and every institution and every business. Even the Christian temples and churches have walls and doors with locks.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:20 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
There's no flawed premise. There's no premise. There's an assumption in the original post and one that i admitted in that original post might be wrong.

I said, "I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?

Does anyone one know what percentage of trump supporters are or consider themselves to be Christian?
Do you?
It's not a pointless question to me. If it's pointless to you, move on.
I do think it's a relevant question for those who think that "Jesus is the Way" and yet are supporting a candidate who is violent, abusive, unkind, unloving, lacking in compassion, intolerant, lacking in grace (graciousness), and has 0 humility. I'm sure i forgot a few other of his virtues.

I am truly / sincerely interested to know how those who are Christian and support trump reconcile that with their Christian values.
Do you? So why do you ask Trump supporters who Jesus would vote for, if there are Trump supporters who are not Christian, for one, and two, Jesus is dead. In case you weren't aware. Again, it's a pointless question. Also, based on your other posts, I am not buying the "genuine curiosity".

Old 03-19-2016, 04:23 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,075,134 times
Quote:
I'm grateful for copy and paste 'cause i don't have to keep writing the same response.
And i'm not asking as a Christian.

As i said to a previous poster :

"It's a metaphorical question.
Again, it's a question i posed to Christians who also support trump as i can't understand how they reconcile their Christian values with a person like trump who, despite the fact that he claims to be a Christian, most certainly does not speak and act like one!"
Not seeing your post to a previous poster what you asked is "I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?".

Nothing in your context made this stand out as a question to Christians only nor was any assumption made as to your faith/beliefs. The question as presented appeared to be for anyone on here and with that I stand by my answer that the bulk supporting Trump are not religious enough to have to reconcile their faith.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Okay, let me try again. In order to vote for Trump, I don't have to reconcile my Christian values. I don't consider myself a better Christian than Trump. What good has he done? He has provided jobs for people and has given millions to charity.
No, you don't have to reconcile. It's obviously your prerogative.
But because you don't perceive yourself to be a "better Christian that trump" seems to be your rationale for voting for someone who is obviously not a good Christian. Although your notion of what a good Christian is apparently differs from mine.
And that people don't feel the need to reconcile their Christian values with the fact that they support a mean spirited, fear/hate/power/money monger is troubling and disturbing. Deeply.
It's particularly disturbing when so many of the trump supporters have very antagonistic thoughts and feeling toward Muslims and seem to feel that, in their Christian faith, they are superior.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:29 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Maybe this isn't the right forum for this question but i hope it is. I think it's an important question and one that may shed some light on the elections and trump, et al in a different way that might be relevant. Or not.

I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?
Anyway, do you think that Jesus would vote for trump? And if yes, why?
Of all of the people still on this election cycle stage, who do you think Jesus would vote for?
Just curious.
Jesus has voted for every president this country has ever had.

"The authorities that exist have been established by God " Romans 13

Old 03-19-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Do you? So why do you ask Trump supporters who Jesus would vote for, if there are Trump supporters who are not Christian, for one, and two, Jesus is dead. In case you weren't aware. Again, it's a pointless question. Also, based on your other posts, I am not buying the "genuine curiosity".
Do i what?
I'm asking trump supporters how they reconcile (if they do) their Christian values with supporting a person who, by conventional standards of what a good Christian is, is not. It's really simple.
It's not a pointless question to me who asked and wants to know.
If it's pointless to you fine. Then move on.
And i am sincerely interested whether you believe it or not.
I didn't say however that i'm neutral regarding what i perceive to be the hypocrisy of those who claim to be Christians and yet who support someone who is not speaking or acting like one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections