Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:20 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,188,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
We are all (with few exceptions), to varying degrees, enslaved by the almighty dollar.
That is not a disease that afflicts only a few or only one political party although who do you think those benefitting from the huge profits of big pharma, big ag and the fossil fuel industry want as president?
Certainly not Bernie Sanders who is far, far to the left. A true humanitarian.
No he isn't. He keeps wages low for Americans because of embracing illegal cheap labor. He would have all Americans standing in the cheese line with his stance on immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 11:22 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
It appears that trump followers actually are more concerned about perceived unfairness towards themselves in terms of immigration and the economy/jobs, than they are concerned with behavior unbecoming of a christian.

The 'christian' part of their lives is taking a back seat to those other things. Perhaps they will regret that later, or perhaps not.
yep.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No he isn't. He keeps wages low for Americans because of embracing illegal cheap labor. He would have all Americans standing in the cheese line with his stance on immigration.

Like Trump said, "I love the uneducated".

Old 03-19-2016, 11:25 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,279,144 times
Jesus wouldn't vote for a corrupt liar in Hillary Clinton who has made her millions in government selling access.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Jesus wouldn't vote for a corrupt liar in Hillary Clinton who has made her millions in government selling access.
I agree.
It will, it seems, come down to the "lesser of two evils".

Old 03-19-2016, 11:34 AM

10,238 posts, read 6,331,454 times
Did the Walls of Jerusalem keep the Romans out?

Old 03-19-2016, 11:34 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Maybe this isn't the right forum for this question but i hope it is. I think it's an important question and one that may shed some light on the elections and trump, et al in a different way that might be relevant. Or not.

I'm assuming (and maybe wrongly) that many (most?) of those who support trump are Christians? Or at least consider themselves to be Christians. Am i wrong about that?
Anyway, do you think that Jesus would vote for trump? And if yes, why?
Of all of the people still on this election cycle stage, who do you think Jesus would vote for?
Just curious.
Jesus was not a politician. He would not vote; his kingdom is not on earth.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
I'm sincerely interested to know how trump supporters reconcile their support for a very "un-Christian" person with their Christian values.
I'm truly interested because i don't understand.
I'm not asking as a Christian. I'm asking as someone who is baffled by this phenomena and though i don't know how many trump supporters consider themselves to be Christian, i assume there are many who do.
So, it's your opinion that voters with Christian values are better than Trump because he did not live up to his Christian values. I think you are missing the point. I'm no better than Trump really, for I have sinned too. I may not have sinned as much as Trump (that's for God to decide), but I have not contributed to the good that he has either. This whole argument is silly. Using your logic, why would I vote for a Jew. I have on numerous occasions. For that matter, why would I vote for someone not of my nomination, say a Catholic, a Mormon, a Baptist (or an atheist even). Again, I have on numerous occasions. My candidates do not have to act and think a 100% like I do. As long as it doesn't get too weird, I'm flexible and tolerant. I don't even know the religion of 3/4's of my candidates, what, am I supposed to look them all up. That's ridiculous.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Jesus was not a politician. He would not vote; his kingdom is not on earth.
It's a metaphorical question.
Again, it's a question i posed to Christians who also support trump as i can't understand how they reconcile their Christian values with a person like trump who, despite the fact that he claims to be a Christian, most certainly does not speak and act like one!

Old 03-19-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So, it's your opinion that voters with Christian values are better than Trump because he did not live up to his Christian values. I think you are missing the point. I'm no better than Trump really, for I have sinned too. I may not have sinned as much as Trump (that's for God to decide), but I have not contributed to the good that he has either. This whole argument is silly. Using your logic, why would I vote for a Jew. I have on numerous occasions. For that matter, why would I vote for someone not of my nomination, say a Catholic, a Mormon, a Baptist (or an atheist even). Again, I have on numerous occasions. My candidates do not have to act and think a 100% like I do. As long as it doesn't get too weird, I'm flexible and tolerant. I don't even know the religion of 3/4's of my candidates, what, am I supposed to look them all up. That's ridiculous.
Sigh.
It's not an argument. It's a question i posed to Christians who also support trump as i can't understand how they reconcile their Christian values with a person like trump who, despite the fact that he claims to be a Christian, most certainly does not speak and act like one!
I'm sincerely interested. I want to understand.

And no. Nowhere did i imply that Christians are superior in any way.

And what "good" pray tell, has trump contributed to this world? Seriously!

And that you (or others) have "sinned" is your rationalization for voting for a "sinner"? And yes, we've all "sinned". We've all acted in ways that aren't loving and kind and compassionate, etc.. But does that mean, because we're aware / conscious of the the fact that we've been less than stellar, we just throw up our hands and allow bad behavior to rule?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections