Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 12:11 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
No actually all I am saying is that I worked to get to where I am now

Which is not what I hear those on the Sanders bandwagon saying.
Some of those people want handouts and free everything.
Sorry you are not able to understand that.
Thats what people are saying. Take a look at the graph I showed on page 1. People work and work but are not getting their fair share unlike in the social democratic past (or "communist era" of America if you will).

People worked in the 60s and 70s as well when we had a government that actually cared. The handouts and "free everything" is what the donor class gets. You didnt buy politicians to weaken anti-trust laws to benefit your firm, you didnt get no-bid government contracts ripping off the taxpayer in the process, you didnt get gifts in the form of trade deals, bailouts or corporate welfare. Thats where the real handouts are as the special interests treat the taxpayer as nothing more than an extension of their own affairs. Not starvin' Marvin on $50 food stamps. Sanders is funded by no one but the people and will do what is best for the people, not the special interests who rig the economy through a corrupt system of campaign finance.

You may disagree with investments in parks, roads, schools, postal service, libraries, medicare, police and other services that people like and which is to the benefit of the people, but it has nothing to do with communism. That is just insane silliness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 12:15 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Kim Jong-Il endorses Sanders

Bernie must be uber persuasive . . . . . . an endorsement from a guy who died 5 years ago!

Mick

Old 04-04-2016, 12:19 PM

549 posts, read 292,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
But My point is, I wanted something so I went out and worked for it. no one gave it to me.
In fact, I probably had NO ONEs permission to do anything. I do not need it.
I need no ones permission, blessing or approval... I just do the things I choose, to achieve the goals I set.
Oh, is that what it is -- everyone is waiting for "permission" to succeed? lol!

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Good lord, the idiotic cliched talking points that right-wingers take to heart...

OP, single-payer will help more entrepreneurs, consultants, etc. set out on their own and "pull themselves up by the bootstraps", because with single-payer, healthcare will be one less expense that can bring down their operation.

Furthermore, independent entrepreneurship, consultancies, etc. are obviously easier to launch with a solid education as a foundation. Free tuition for public colleges is in fact an investment in the economy.

In that regard, Bernie's policies are actually PRO entrepreneurship and PRO "pulling oneself up by the bootstraps."

...And so what if these policies cost millionaires a little more. Millionaires have to live here too! They should prefer an environment in which we're all vested and optimistic for the future, rather than one in which they depend on gated communities, bodyguards and armed motorcades to stay safe in the jungle they've created.

Hell, the millionaires even wrecked the economy (2008), got bailed out, didn't go to prison, and are doing well right now with high levels of profit and employee productivity...while the rest of us are struggling.

Our kids fight wars that keep them secure (often because, without education, the military looks like a good career move).

The 1% owe us, as fellow americans. ...And some of them are even patriotic about it and willing to do their part. See The Patriotic Millionaires.

...So all in all, your cliched little argument about "individual initiative" and "personal motivation" has no legs. You need to come over to the dark side.

And p.s.: Are you really thinking that "personal motivation" will suffer because people will be able to go to the doctor, or get a college education? If so, you're not even arguing on the issues... You're just regurgitating empty right-wing talking points...

Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
OP, congrats on working hard and attaining success (which apparently is achieved through the acquisition of a convertible and a hot chick . . . . nothing wrong with that at all).

How does Bernie's platform prevent someone like you from becoming a physician (if that's what you are)? A physician (even cosmetic plastic surgeon, neurosurgeon, orthopedic surgeon, etc.) is not really going to be adversely affected (from an income tax standpoint) so much so that s/he would be discouraged from being a physician.

What's the moral of the story? You got pissed by a hotshot with a nice convertible and a hot woman, got motivated to work hard, achieved success, and . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . became that jerk with a convertible and a hot woman. Everything comes back in circle, I guess.

Mick

Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Kim Jung-Il is dead.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:23 PM

Interesting blog post from the Patriotic Millionaires:

"The Brainwashing of My Dad"

Patriotic Millionaire Ryan Smith Releases New Documentary: The Brainwashing Of My Dad

Old 04-04-2016, 12:30 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tsfkpw29wE

Old 04-04-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post

Damn. Great clip!

Old 04-04-2016, 12:34 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Kim Jung-Il hasn't endorsed anyone for a long time.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:49 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,706,694 times
I work part time. I picked my part time job over full time job because I make more a week. However, it's still not enough. It's a challenge to find work in my state. Going back to college is expensive $25K to $30K just to get a 2 year degree at a CC. Have a degeee in psych that has allowed me to work various jobs over the years. However, our state cuts funds to healthcare and social services so job's are minimal. Add in the AHA which employers hace trouble financing more employees and also due to taxes.

Also COL rises and rises.

I am voting for Sanders hoping he can make changes to America. America is in a sad pitiful state right now. So even if Sanders doesn't do much in Office at least he tried.

I mean healthcare and healthcare coverage is abysmall in the US.

Banks and Wall Street going unchecked.

The income gap grows and grows. It's not just the rich. The poor continue to grow receiving more money from the US Government. At least Bernie wants to make sure the poor can rise up and obtain an education to succeed in life.

Wants to fix taxes. I mean my taxes are close to 30% do jack squat.

The infrastructure in America is terrible and Bernie hopefully wants to improve it.

Fix the terrible AHA and create a Universal Heakthcare Plan.

Work on reducing America's debt.

Create more job's.

Fix issues regarding free trade.

Encourage growth in the field of science, technology, and agriculture.

Focus less on large scale wars and smaller operations.

Fix the corruption in Politics.

Additionally, Sanders is a champion for Women and Minorities.

Ensure Seniors can retire financially and have healthcare when they retire.

Sanders represents workers of America. Ensuring they have rights and a voice. Return America back to a balance of family and work.

That's why Bernie has my vote.

Also wanted to mention reform the Criminal Justice system in the US, which is huge.

Last edited by RunD1987; 04-04-2016 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections