Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:51 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
The thing about Mormons is that they really don't think any other religion is a 'true' religion... that they voted so heavily for cruz, despite his fundamentalist religion, goes beyond his 'religious' appeal. I agree that they saw through trump, but if the trump followers want to see it as a religious loss, they are welcome to believe that.
Did Florida "see through" Trump ? Massachusetts ? Illinois ? Or any of the other states Trump won ? Or maybe all of the voters are not as smart as the Mormons ?

As a reminder, Lyin Ted lost by 600K votes in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Utah dislikes Trump so much they would vote for Hillary over him. It is an extremely conservative state that sees Trump for what he is, a circus clown.
Yep, awesome ... a state that Warren Jeffs built his "family" in. A state where having multiple wives is popular ...

Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I'm an ex-Mormon who lived in Utah for 8 or 9 years (I can't remember lol) and have many family and friends who are Mormon and live in Utah.

Not one of them like Trump. My super conservative dad was the first to admit he'd rather vote for Hillary than Trump however I've seen more of them admit as much. I don't think it has much to do with religion, the people I've talked to from there didn't like him before Glenn Beck (who isn't as cherished as some think by Mormons) or Romney said anything about him.
Who cares and since when has any candidate been liked by everyone ? Wonder how your dad feels about liars ?

BTW, Utah is a beautiful state.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Hard to get majorities with more than 2 candidates in the race, but Trump did really well in Florida, Massachusetts & Arizona. Projected to do really well in NY and if Kasich would drop out ...

Cruz only got a majority in Utah, an extremely religious conservative Mormon state.

Tough to be Trump when by popular vote the people want you, but the party doesn't.

I'm predicting an Independent run ...
If it was true that "by popular vote the people want him" then he would be garnering the majority of the votes. Not merely more than another candidate, but the majority. And he isn't.

The other candidates combined continue to consistently pull in more votes than Trump does, which, by definition, means he's NOT getting the popular vote. He's getting around 35-40 percent of one party's vote.

By no definition anywhere does that constitute winning the popular vote--except in the deluded mind of a Trump supporter.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:58 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Yep, awesome ... a state that Warren Jeffs built his "family" in. A state where having multiple wives is popular ...
The vast majority of the state does not practice polygamy and if Warren Jeffs is the worst you've got, that's nothing compared to the states Trump has won in.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Who cares and since when has any candidate been liked by everyone ? Wonder how your dad feels about liars ?

BTW, Utah is a beautiful state.
He isn't fond of liars, which is why he doesn't like Trump. The guy is so sleazy I'm surprised he doesn't ooze slime.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:00 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Maybe he will and maybe he won't, but it's certainly not "game over."

All you Trumpies who keep asserting these absolutes may find yourselves eating your words after the convention, or in November.
Typical tactic. Case closed, the discussion is over, game over, the [blank] is settled. This is how Trump hump*rs who are incapable of dealing with reality end all discussions. They only have emotions to support whatever the issue is about, so they use discussion enders to extricate themselves from actually having to listen to and defend/support an issue with facts and logic.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The vast majority of the state does not practice polygamy and if Warren Jeffs is the worst you've got, that's nothing compared to the states Trump has won in.
Not sure why anyone in an ultra-conservative state like Utah would vote for a moderate currently-Republican candidate like Trump and why anyone would be surprised that the candidate most to the right won the state handily. Fortunately for Trump, there are many more battles and everyone doesn't think like Utah residents.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Not sure why anyone in an ultra-conservative state like Utah would vote for a moderate currently-Republican candidate like Trump and why anyone would be surprised that the candidate most to the right won the state handily. Fortunately for Trump, there are many more battles and everyone doesn't think like Utah residents.
People I talked to liked Rubio, however he dropped out.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
He isn't fond of liars, which is why he doesn't like Trump. The guy is so sleazy I'm surprised he doesn't ooze slime.
And Cruz is not a liar ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections