Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 02:26 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You are conflating campaign donations with quid pro quo. Show the correlation between the campaign support Cruz got in his Senate campaign and any legislation he sponsored that supports your implication that Cruz "answers to special interest groups."
https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...085&cycle=2014

Cruz is just another member of the establishment that feeds at the trough. See for yourself. Take note of Goldman Sachs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 02:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You lost all credibility in your first sentence.
Ted Cruz lies constantly. He is lousy at it. Anyone who has ears knows Cruz lies.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:48 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Look at how Carson a very decent man, has distanced himself from Cruz...why?
Could it possibly have something to do with being offered an advisory position in the trump administration? Isn't that what carson said about why he endorsed trump? There was a whole big thread about it just the other day! Not sure I would call someone who was easily bought a decent man.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 04-06-2016 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 04-06-2016, 02:56 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Could it possibly have something to do with being offered an advisory position in the trump administration? Isn't that what carson said about why he endorsed trump? There was a whole big thread about it just the other day! Not sure I would call someone who was easily bought a decent man.
How about Cruz telling his precinct captains in Iowa that Carson was out of the race ? Do we have to go over this again or weren't you playing at the time ?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:05 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,826,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
FYI Trump is an egoistic maniac who cares about himself and no one else.

Just in case I'm accused of being a Trump supporter.
Seriously. How do people not see this.

Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-87CAAImk

He didn't go after Obama because of the birth certificate and people should know, he did it for attention and to "win" which is pretty apparent in this video. He has never cared about the people, only himself.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:21 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear, I've got news for you....

A vote is a vote is a vote is a vote. Doesn't matter if it comes from a partisan, a swing voter, an independent or Democrats in recovery. Fascinating that you might think otherwise.

Cruz lost Missouri by just a handful of votes. By your logic, it didn't really matter.
Well Hon,

The issue is not THIS vote, it is going forward. Unless LEFTEE is a MEMBER of the GOP, in that LEFTEE participates in the party by volunteering and being elected to a voting member than a statement like "I'm leaving the GOP" means nothing. Literally, nothing.

If I said I was "leaving the Dem party" it would mean the exact same thing. Nothing. I do not participate in any form or fashion in the Dem party, other than having voted in prior elections for a democrat for president.

For every "vote" that changes party, there is another "vote" coming the other direction.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How is Trump extreme? All of the polls say he's supported by mostly Moderates including the last exit poll in Wisconsin.

Maybe the FEC will have Cruz arrested at the Convention.
Sleazy Don is the only candidate that has a Criminal Complaint filed against him at the FEC. I'm sure Cruz is not worried in the least.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:25 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,111,265 times
I am a moderate Republican, I don't really like Cruz but I see him as the lesser of the two evils when compared to Trump. Yeah, we will likely still get walloped even with Cruz but it just wouldent be as bad as it would be with Trump (ie: we might keep control of the House of Representatives with Cruz). In other words it wouldent lead to a total catastrophe downticket.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I just keep think of all of the speeches he'd make if he was President, pausing for effect in every sentence so you can soak up what he said and appreciate the wonder that is him. Shoot me now. I'd rather hear Clinton, bark.
You will get your wish, since Sleazy Don is ensuring that his wedding guest gets the WH!

Old 04-06-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
As it turns out, no one does like Cruz: Is Ted Cruz Really an Awful, Terrible Jerk? | Mother Jones
Well if an article from a pro-GOP site like MJ says so, it's GOTTA be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections