Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 03:35 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How about Cruz telling his precinct captains in Iowa that Carson was out of the race ? Do we have to go over this again or weren't you playing at the time ?

First of all, IT WAS NOT CRUZ!!! Cruz was giving speeches at the Caucuses and meeting with potential delegates. He didn't have time to watch CNN or to tweet out the CNN story.

Secondly, someone from his campaign tweeted the CNN story to CRUZ volunteers, NOT PCOs.

Finally, I AM STILL waiting for any single smear monger to PROVIDE A SINGLE link to an article, youtube video or any other valid source showing a SINGLE person who attended the Iowa caucus who has stated that they intended to vote for Carson but were "tricked out of their vote" solely because they were told the CNN story from a Cruz campaign member. JUST ONE SINGLE shred of evidence.

Otherwise, it never happened and it is just another lie from Sleazy Don and his sleepy sidekick Doc Carson!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 03:42 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Well Hon,

The issue is not THIS vote, it is going forward. Unless LEFTEE is a MEMBER of the GOP, in that LEFTEE participates in the party by volunteering and being elected to a voting member than a statement like "I'm leaving the GOP" means nothing. Literally, nothing.

If I said I was "leaving the Dem party" it would mean the exact same thing. Nothing. I do not participate in any form or fashion in the Dem party, other than having voted in prior elections for a democrat for president.

For every "vote" that changes party, there is another "vote" coming the other direction.
Thanks for your opinion but thank God that's all it is ...

Let me spell it out for you Hon ...

If Trump is close to 1,237 and doesn't get the nomination, I vote Democrat across the board (federal, state, local) as the GOP party has done everything in its power to remove Trump from contention and has deserted the majority of people that voted for Trump. I don't give a rat's arse about some stupid convention rules that will circumvent the will of the people. Reince Priebus & Paul Ryan have the same number of votes as me.

If Trump is the GOP nominee, I vote Trump and probably GOP across the board.

If Trump runs an Independent, I vote Trump.

Has zero to do with how much I work for the party or Trump or whether trolls like you think I'm a closet Dem.

You do the math on the net effect of me voting Dem rather than GOP. Sure it's only one vote, but if you read anything on social media or even here on the board, many others feel the same way.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:46 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,611,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Cruz has had these ideas years ago back when Trump was a liberal funding Democrat supporting illegal alien activists and funding and supporting liberals who gave us Obamacare, protection for illegals, funding Planned Parenthood etc...while Cruz was in Washington trying to stop all of it.
Name one bill Ted Cruz authored or co-sponsored to stem the tide of illlegals flooding this country or restrict the use of work visas for legal immigrants. And I'm tired of Cruz's lie that Trump funded Planned Parenthood, etc. because he donated money to Democrats AS WELL AS Republicans to improve his private business career. If I send my nephew money every year for his birthday then years later at age 30 he becomes a drug dealer, would you say that I "funded" his life of crime? No way.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:07 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think the GOP wants to parachute Paul Ryan into their nomination.

And that would be beautiful. Deny the nomination to the clear frontrunner and give it away to some slug who isn't even running and has a grand total of zero primary votes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm wondering how many folks have actually sat down and listened/read Ryan's opinions.....and then taken the time to understand what they entail/mean? He's a complete, unabashed globalist...

The way he speaks is the closest thing I've heard to a robot. His speech is very mechanical - maybe he's some kind of clone or android?

For me, Ryan is right up there with Walnuts McCain, fruity-tooty Lindsey and Bishop Romney as the worst possible selections out there.

If the candidate with the most delegates does not get to become the nominee - I'll never vote for another Republican in my lifetime.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:09 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I'm wondering how many folks have actually sat down and listened/read Ryan's opinions.....and then taken the time to understand what they entail/mean? He's a complete, unabashed globalist...

The way he speaks is the closest thing I've heard to a robot. His speech is very mechanical - maybe he's some kind of clone or android?

For me, Ryan is right up there with Walnuts McCain, fruity-tooty Lindsey and Bishop Romney as the worst possible selections out there.

If the candidate with the most delegates does not get to become the nominee - I'll never vote for another Republican in my lifetime.
You forgot Cardinal Cruz ...

Old 04-06-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Thanks for your opinion but thank God that's all it is ...

Let me spell it out for you Hon ...

If Trump is close to 1,237 and doesn't get the nomination, I vote Democrat across the board (federal, state, local) as the GOP party has done everything in its power to remove Trump from contention and has deserted the majority of people that voted for Trump. I don't give a rat's arse about some stupid convention rules that will circumvent the will of the people. Reince Priebus & Paul Ryan have the same number of votes as me.

If Trump is the GOP nominee, I vote Trump and probably GOP across the board.

If Trump runs an Independent, I vote Trump.

Has zero to do with how much I work for the party or Trump or whether trolls like you think I'm a closet Dem.

You do the math on the net effect of me voting Dem rather than GOP. Sure it's only one vote, but if you read anything on social media or even here on the board, many others feel the same way.
Well Puddin' pops,

If Sleazy Don is the nominee, he will lose BIG time. I will not vote for Sleazy McSleazerton, nor will most of my friends and other GOP members I know. BUT we will vote down ticket and WILL NEVER vote Democrat in protest.

It is one thing to NOT vote for the GOP nominee, it is entirely something else to ACTIVELY vote FOR Hillary!

Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
Indeed. There is absolutely no difference between Ryan and Hillary except that maybe he's a lot easier on the eyes. (and ears)

If he actually represented anything beyond what the "donor class" wants, he would have never been made the Speaker of the House.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
So 117 posts so far, and nobody has said they like Cruz or that anyone else likes Cruz.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Name one bill Ted Cruz authored or co-sponsored to stem the tide of illlegals flooding this country or restrict the use of work visas for legal immigrants. And I'm tired of Cruz's lie that Trump funded Planned Parenthood, etc. because he donated money to Democrats AS WELL AS Republicans to improve his private business career. If I send my nephew money every year for his birthday then years later at age 30 he becomes a drug dealer, would you say that I "funded" his life of crime? No way.

Easy enough. Below are some of the TWELVE Immigration related bills SPONSORED by CRUZ:

S.2538 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)

A bill to provide resources and incentives for the enforcement of immigration laws in the interior of the United States and for other purposes.

S.2193 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Kate's Law

This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase from two years to five years the maximum prison term for an alien who reenters after being denied admission, excluded,deported, or removed.

It establishes:

· a 10-year maximum prison term for an alien who reenters after being denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed on 3 or more prior occasions; and

· a 5-year mandatory minimum prison term for an alien who reenters after being removed following a conviction for an aggravated felony or following 2 or more prior convictions for illegal reentry.

S.1762 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Establishing Mandatory Minimums for Illegal Reentry Act of 2015

This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase penaltiesapplicable to aliens who unlawfully reenter the United States after being removed.

A bill to provide resources and incentives for the enforcement of immigration laws in the interior of the United States and for other purposes.

S.2302 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act of 2015

S.1593 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Immigration Slush Fund Elimination Act of 2015

S.2631 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
A bill to prevent the expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program unlawfully created by Executive memorandum on August 15, 2012.

Anything else you are interested in knowing?

Old 04-06-2016, 04:39 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Easy enough. Below are some of the TWELVE Immigration related bills SPONSORED by CRUZ:

S.2193 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Kate's Law

This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase from two years to five years the maximum prison term for an alien who reenters after being denied admission, excluded,deported, or removed.

It establishes:

· a 10-year maximum prison term for an alien who reenters after being denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed on 3 or more prior occasions; and

· a 5-year mandatory minimum prison term for an alien who reenters after being removed following a conviction for an aggravated felony or following 2 or more prior convictions for illegal reentry.

S.1762 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Establishing Mandatory Minimums for Illegal Reentry Act of 2015

This bill amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to increase penaltiesapplicable to aliens who unlawfully reenter the United States after being removed.

S.2302 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Terrorist Refugee Infiltration Prevention Act of 2015

S.1593 — 114th Congress (2015-2016)
Immigration Slush Fund Elimination Act of 2015

S.2631 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
A bill to prevent the expansion of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program unlawfully created by Executive memorandum on August 15, 2012.

Anything else you are interested in knowing?
Forget that stuff. Where is the bill that sends ALL the illegal immigrants back to where ever they came from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections