Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 05:20 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,808,583 times

Advertisements

I can't stand Cruz. He's the reason I left the Republican party in 2013 during the government shutdown. I will never vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 05:28 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
I can't stand Cruz. He's the reason I left the Republican party in 2013 during the government shutdown. I will never vote for him.
New Yorkers remember well how he voted against assistance for Hurricane Sandy.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:30 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,819,266 times
None. But I have read the Naturalization Act of 1790 and the following act of 1795 that repealed and replaced it. And that later act replaced the phrase "natural born citizen" with "citizen" only.

And that act was signed by John Adams and George Washington. If any two people in this country ever understood the implications of that phrase change, those two did.

I will take their word over ANY link that you can find.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:34 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Few people like Cruz. The Republicans are using him to beat Trump so they can get a sure-thing loss to Hillary. Hillary will protect the status quo until the next election so the GOP can hit the primary reset button.

Old 04-06-2016, 05:39 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People do not like Cruz. But they hate and/or are scared of Trump more. Simple.
I disagree. I researched them and Cruz is the winner when it comes to losers. People appear to despise him and all have reasons beyond his looking like some evil thing that comes crawling out from underneath rocks in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Yes I'd like to know why he totally flip-flopped on this issue as well as why he advocated DOUBLING visas for foreign, skilled workers. It's awfully hard to lie when someone presents you with video footage of yourself supporting the very thing you claim to be against.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M4OIOadghEY
Oh, he'll say he wasn't serious, he was just bluffing and those that "love" him will simply say "Yes, Master, we shall follow you that you shall deliver us from the evils of those that are not like us." Yeah, the smart ones with commonsense are just fine with you all following old Ted to the end of times but, you aren't taking us with you.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:05 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
None. But I have read the Naturalization Act of 1790 and the following act of 1795 that repealed and replaced it. And that later act replaced the phrase "natural born citizen" with "citizen" only.

And that act was signed by John Adams and George Washington. If any two people in this country ever understood the implications of that phrase change, those two did.

I will take their word over ANY link that you can find.
The "links" are to rulings by State and Federal Judges who dismissed the birther cases in favor of Cruz, including a very well reasoned opinion from the PA Supreme Court ruling Cruz to eligible.

Makes sense that a Sleazy Don acolyte would believe he is a better legal mind than several current judges as well as Cruz himself.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
The "links" are to rulings by State and Federal Judges who dismissed the birther cases in favor of Cruz, including a very well reasoned opinion from the PA Supreme Court ruling Cruz to eligible.

Makes sense that a Sleazy Don acolyte would believe he is a better legal mind than several current judges as well as Cruz himself.
Sorry, John Adams and George Washington signed the act understanding full well what it meant.

Legal mind? John Adams was the best this country had. And a Harvard graduate at that.

You lose.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:01 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Sorry, John Adams and George Washington signed the act understanding full well what it meant.

Legal mind? John Adams was the best this country had. And a Harvard graduate at that.

You lose.
If by losing you mean agreeing with the several judges who have thrown out birther suits against Cruz, then you might want to get a new dictionary.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
If by losing you mean agreeing with the several judges who have thrown out birther suits against Cruz, then you might want to get a new dictionary.
Cruz is a natural born Canadian, it is biologically impossible for him to be that as well as a natural born American.

Both Adams and Washington understood the issue and made it crystal clear.

Argue with yourself all night, won't make any difference.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:34 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,170 times
There she goes again. Suggestion folks from now on its Sleazy Ted in every post. I think we should do that for a bit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections