Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:56 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times

Advertisements

I think Sanders now has a realistic chance of getting the nomination. He gained a net of 106 more delegates than Hillary in the last 8 contests which he won 7. There are still 1661 delegates up for grabs so getting 56% of the remaining delegates will make him equal Hillary in delegates. He may be able to win in big states like California, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Indiana. Plus he also flipped delegates in Nevada and may continue to flip delegates given his momentum in 6 other states that decide delegates at the State Convention (all for Alaska, Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and partially for Idaho and Washington).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 08:58 PM

580 posts, read 450,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
First he lied when he said Hillary Clinton called him "unqualified" in his speech. I watched her LIVE. She was being very gracious when she was asked about all the questions Bernie couldn't answer in the New York Daily News interview. She said he needed to do his homework and added that she'll leave it up to the voters.

So he only used the "she said it first" excuse to draw boos from the crowd and to attack her. The Sanders campaign is desperate and is now using Trump tactics because Sanders was never and is not now a Democrat. When I listen to him speak, he's not just attacking Hillary Clinton, he's attacking the party.
Can't rep you again, but a million times, this!

Old 04-06-2016, 09:13 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,145 times
Quote:
First he lied when he said Hillary Clinton called him "unqualified" in his speech. I watched her LIVE. She was being very gracious when she was asked about all the questions Bernie couldn't answer in the New York Daily News interview. She said he needed to do his homework and added that she'll leave it up to the voters.

So he only used the "she said it first" excuse to draw boos from the crowd and to attack her. The Sanders campaign is desperate and is now using Trump tactics because Sanders was never and is not now a Democrat. When I listen to him speak, he's not just attacking Hillary Clinton, he's attacking the party.
He is finally going berserk on Hillary. I am not sure whether this will help or undermine his campaign.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:50 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:

uh oh, not cool for sander's to speak against the party bosses. See how that's working for trump. They don't like that at all. See, sander's party have the superdelgates after all and the person they favor is already the one and only one for them. Don't play ball right, no way to win. Both sanders and trump really should have gone independent....and I wouldn't be surprised if both of them do just that though I was actually hoping they both win their nomination(nothing to do with agreeing with them), but just to see what I feel many in the establishment of both parties deserve......losing their "jobs"(whatever it is they do) and their power.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:58 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,715,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
There he goes with his "Wall Street/superpac/special interests" schtick. It never fails.
It hurts to hear it over and over again, doesn't it?

Old 04-06-2016, 10:00 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,835,116 times
She is under investigation by the FBI. I literally can not think of something that should automatically disqualify from running for president more than this. That type of thing happens in Russia and Brazil....that's the point we have reached in the US?

Old 04-06-2016, 10:05 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:

She called him unqualified in everything but name. Refusing to say that he's qualified and expressing that she has questions paints the same picture. Get real. Also, let's get serious, while I'm no Bernie supporter and the News interview was bad, he has answered those questions perfectly fine in the past at town halls/debates. He had a bad day, period.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:06 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
He is finally going berserk on Hillary. I am not sure whether this will help or undermine his campaign.
It will let his supporters, and other potential voters see what a ranting, screaming old loon he his. Early onset dementia I would expect, perhaps "sundowners". Sad really. Of course he has never been well based in reality. Let alone math.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:24 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
uh oh, not cool for sander's to speak against the party bosses. See how that's working for trump. They don't like that at all. See, sander's party have the superdelgates after all and the person they favor is already the one and only one for them. Don't play ball right, no way to win. Both sanders and trump really should have gone independent....and I wouldn't be surprised if both of them do just that though I was actually hoping they both win their nomination(nothing to do with agreeing with them), but just to see what I feel many in the establishment of both parties deserve......losing their "jobs"(whatever it is they do) and their power.
I didn't say "not cool" did I? I'm only reporting the facts and it isn't very cool to misquote someone to justify a personal attack. Hillary never said Bernie wasn't qualified when directly asked that question. I've written many times on this forum that if Bernie Sanders wins by the POPULAR vote, then the superdelegates should not override the choice of the people. Too bad the Sanders campaign doesn't feel that way.

Can he possibly win? Maybe, but it is highly unlikely. He got his way and a debate is scheduled in Brooklyn where he was born & raised. Still, his campaign wasted no time and [URL="http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-agree-debate-brooklyn/story?id=38150919"]attacked her[/URL] immediately.

"Fortunately, we were able to move a major New York City rally scheduled for April 14 to the night before,” Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said. "We hope the debate will be worth the inconvenience for thousands of New Yorkers who were planning to attend our rally on Thursday but will have to change their schedules to accommodate Secretary Clinton’s jam-packed, high-dollar, coast-to-coast schedule of fundraisers all over the country.”

Huh? "We hope the debate is worth the inconvenience..?" The April debate was supposed to be held in PA before the primaries on April 26 in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland. Of course that made perfect sense. But even when he gets what he wants, he cries foul.

I do agree that he should have run as an Independent, but that's already been discussed on other threads.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:44 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,472,346 times
Quote:
I didn't say "not cool" did I? I'm only reporting the facts and it isn't very cool to misquote someone to justify a personal attack. Hillary never said Bernie wasn't qualified when directly asked that question. I've written many times on this forum that if Bernie Sanders wins by the POPULAR vote, then the superdelegates should not override the choice of the people. Too bad the Sanders campaign doesn't feel that way.

Can he possibly win? Maybe, but it is highly unlikely. He got his way and a debate is scheduled in Brooklyn where he was born & raised. Still, his campaign wasted no time and attacked her immediately.

"Fortunately, we were able to move a major New York City rally scheduled for April 14 to the night before,” Sanders spokesman Michael Briggs said. "We hope the debate will be worth the inconvenience for thousands of New Yorkers who were planning to attend our rally on Thursday but will have to change their schedules to accommodate Secretary Clinton’s jam-packed, high-dollar, coast-to-coast schedule of fundraisers all over the country.”

Huh? "We hope the debate is worth the inconvenience..?" The April debate was supposed to be held in PA before the primaries on April 26 in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware and Maryland. Of course that made perfect sense. But even when he gets what he wants, he cries foul.

I do agree that he should have run as an Independent, but that's already been discussed on other threads.
Correct, I'm the one who said "not cool". You took something personal(as an "attack" against you?) that wasn't at all directed to you but towards sander's and the current situation.

In the end, it's all politics and games and people go after each other. sander's is finally waking up instead of playing Mr. nice guy. It is what is it so I wouldn't be so surprised.

In any case, yes, I agree with you on super delegates shouldn't override the popular vote. And I believe the same for trump that the person with the most popular vote/delegates should win. But the reality is the rules say they can and given that's the rules of the party, they have a right to do so. It's their party really(there is the first warning for the people). And of course the parties must realize they have to face the consequences if they override the majority/will of the people. As I've said earlier, I hope both parties do this to the candidates as I think too many in the herd don't realize the will of the people is largely an afterthought on just about all aspects of politics. Let's put it out there in clear daylight so the haze will clear and people might FINALLY get how the game is played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections