Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:24 AM

580 posts, read 449,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
This wasn't a predictable response. Can you point me to the part of the constitution that grants one the right to be president?
The constitution lays out the only requirements needed to run for president...I just looked, yup, fake right-wing conspiracies disqualifying prospective democratic candidates is not is not in there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 12:39 AM

580 posts, read 449,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You make an excellent point. I don't think Bernie Sanders is senile, but Hillary Clinton is much more educated and sharp as a tack.
Yeah, well...my internet diagnosis and 5 bucks will get you a venti café latte at Starbucks, with change coming back to you...

Old 04-07-2016, 12:39 AM

251 posts, read 203,771 times
Bernie Sanders isn't qualified to be a Democrat. And clearly can't talk to adults about how he'd do what he'd do. He sounded more like Drumpf than like either Obama or Clinton in his New York Daily News interview a few days ago: different words, same tone.

When is he going to explain how he'll break up JP Morgan/Chase, Goldman Sachs, and GE? And articulate policy details without an off-topic jeremiad on the evils of too big to fail? He's not wrong, but is that all he's got, seven months before election? Can he even answer a question without needing multiple reminders about what he was asked?

I'm bitterly disappointed in him. I used to like him. Now I don't even know if he can handle a Cabinet post, let alone the executive role.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:46 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,370 times
I think if he continues to go negative, his image will be more polarized and it may hurt in the long term as he will no longer be regarded as different from an average politician.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:03 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelofogo View Post
Bernie Sanders isn't qualified to be a Democrat. And clearly can't talk to adults about how he'd do what he'd do. He sounded more like Drumpf than like either Obama or Clinton in his New York Daily News interview a few days ago: different words, same tone.

When is he going to explain how he'll break up JP Morgan/Chase, Goldman Sachs, and GE? And articulate policy details without an off-topic jeremiad on the evils of too big to fail? He's not wrong, but is that all he's got, seven months before election? Can he even answer a question without needing multiple reminders about what he was asked?

I'm bitterly disappointed in him. I used to like him. Now I don't even know if he can handle a Cabinet post, let alone the executive role.
Who cares what party he belongs to? This isn't football it's not D v. R it's "Who would be the best?" That's what the disagreement should be about not blind party following. Party politicians talk ideology in order to gain votes.

I don't agree with Bernie on a huge range of issues (generally economic issues), but what he is doing is commendable, creating diversity. No more two party paradigm, it's a lie.

Old 04-07-2016, 01:32 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
She is under investigation by the FBI. I literally can not think of something that should automatically disqualify from running for president more than this. That type of thing happens in Russia and Brazil....that's the point we have reached in the US?

Exactly, nuff said in your very first sentence!

Old 04-07-2016, 02:51 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,370 times
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty, besides she hasn't been indicted so there is nothing in to delegitimize her candidacy

Old 04-07-2016, 05:22 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I think if he continues to go negative, his image will be more polarized and it may hurt in the long term as he will no longer be regarded as different from an average politician.
I think Bernie should start putting some money into down ballot races ... Hillary will appreciate the Legislative support.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:56 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,196,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Who cares what party he belongs to? This isn't football it's not D v. R it's "Who would be the best?" That's what the disagreement should be about not blind party following. Party politicians talk ideology in order to gain votes.

I don't agree with Bernie on a huge range of issues (generally economic issues), but what he is doing is commendable, creating diversity. No more two party paradigm, it's a lie.
He can belong to any political party he wants or none at all. But he chose to run for the nomination of the Democratic party, and as a baseline, that should mean you are a member of that party and support its platform.

But of course it was all about political expediency for him, not principles, which he himself has freely admitted.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Bernie clearly can't admit defeat ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections