Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 01:42 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
No, and not true either. Women were never excluded from voting
on the basis of being women. They just didn't have universal suffrage,
and neither did men. Many men weren't allowed to vote either, and
I'm talking about white men. Read some history.
So is it your contention that only only white, land owning men should be allowed to run for president?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 02:09 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Where has Bernie or his support team tried to disqualify vote totals or election results?
I heard with my own ears Tad Devine say to Rachel Maddow on MSNBC that Senator Sanders didn't even try to win in 8 of the states won by Sec Clinton. These are the claims his supporters hear and believe when, in fact, he spent more money and more time in many of them than Hillary Clinton. I can only speak for myself, but when I heard Devine use those words, it sounded not only as if he was making excuses for losing those states, but telling millions of people their votes didn't matter.

Just an aside: Tad Devine was the Senior Advisor for Michael Dukakis, Al Gore and John Kerry. Just something to think about.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:17 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So is it your contention that only only white, land owning men should be allowed to run for president?
Not every state had prohibitions against non-whites. Moreover, widows
and women landowners could vote. But, we're not talking about voting,
are we? We're talking about the Constitution, which says "he", "him"
in reference to the presidency. I'm just pointing it out. I would never
presume that today's American leadership is interested in following
the letter of the law in regards to the Constitution. It's just an old
piece of paper. We don't live by it anymore.

Old 04-07-2016, 02:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
He can't just sit there and keep turning the other cheek as they bombard him.

At some point, if they don't let up (and Hillary and the MSM haven't), he's going to have to defend himself and say exactly what he thinks in response to the very things they've been saying, which is pretty nasty stuff and dirty tricks
Lol. Hillary and the MSM. The MSM has spent MONTHS talking about her emails, her need to smile, the fact that she is shrill . . . . Republicans have tried to annihilate her with Benghazi and her husband's affairs . . .

She does NOT control the MSM. Bernie should have responded to the paper that wrote the piece on him - lashed out at the appropriate party.

Instead - he showed his buttheart at the person who REFUSED to say he was not qualified.

He's a pompous ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
She is not qualified, simply because she is a woman.
Every single reference to the Executive Office in the Constitution
expressly is written "He", and "His".
Run that one by us again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
We can say the same thing for clinton....big banks good....wall street good....cause they give lots of money to "me".

Yes, in the end, it's all what suits any of them. What's new in the bought and sold game?

Ask Bernie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Well I have never seen a thing to prove your claims against Bernie Sanders, so IMO he is still the most decent and honest candidate running in this election, and the only one who is NOT a corporate Ho!

What claims did I make against Bernie? That is Tad Devine is his Senior Advisor that has worked defending Monsanto and Wall Street? That Tad Devine helped to create and craft the entire super delegate system?

That's just the truth.

Tell me, is Obama a Corporate Ho? Elizabeth Warren a Corporate ho?

They have all taken pac money. Facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I heard with my own ears Tad Devine say to Rachel Maddow on MSNBC that Senator Sanders didn't even try to win in 8 of the states won by Sec Clinton. These are the claims his supporters hear and believe when, in fact, he spent more money and more time in many of them than Hillary Clinton. I can only speak for myself, but when I heard Devine use those words, it sounded not only as if he was making excuses for losing those states, but telling millions of people their votes didn't matter.

Just an aside: Tad Devine was the Senior Advisor for Michael Dukakis, Al Gore and John Kerry. Just something to think about.
I mean, shouldn't that be enough to disqualify Bernie? He's running with the TAINTED!

Old 04-07-2016, 03:01 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

She does NOT control the MSM. Bernie should have responded to the paper that wrote the piece on him - lashed out at the appropriate party.
Nobody has ever claimed this. But this is what has been claimed.
  • Hillary Clinton IS controlled by the "Donor Class".
  • The Donor Class owns the MSM.
  • The Donor Class will not let the MSM make their investment in Clinton look bad.
  • This is why the MSM is completely biased for Hillary

It's pretty simple. i.e. Follow the Money

Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Just happened in a stump speech is Philadelphia. Waiting for video to surface.

A whole new angle just opened up in the primary race.

Sanders is desperate and has yet to discussed any issues. Wall Street, Super Pacs and Big Banks are not issues, they are diversions tactics.

Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times

Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nobody has ever claimed this. But this is what has been claimed.
  • Hillary Clinton IS controlled by the "Donor Class".
  • The Donor Class owns the MSM.
  • The Donor Class will not let the MSM make their investment in Clinton look bad.
  • This is why the MSM is completely biased for Hillary

It's pretty simple. i.e. Follow the Money
That is a completely false narrative. Bernie has been given a HUGE pass this entire season on the more questionable aspects of his promises, background and campaign.

Now that one paper FINALLY questioned him on something ~ he damn near lost his mind.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:55 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
While I agree with him, I was hoping these two would play nice so that Bernie would have an amplified voice in the Senate and ties to the President but his might be burning bridges instead.
Burning bridges think is a good thing. You want go win this go all out prove to America you are the right choice for POTUS be strong.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:58 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
With that one line the Democratic party is starting to cannibalize itself.

That one phrase will literally draw a sharp line between Clinton and Sanders...even to the point where Bernie supporters will under no circumstances support Hillary and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections