Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:46 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Conservatives are Close Minded and Liberals are Open Minded... Thats About it Honestly........
Liberals are the least open minded group of all.

Try telling a liberal group that you oppose gay marriage, support Ted Cruz, and are a staunch conservative and wait to see how open minded they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 12:09 PM

5,044 posts, read 7,421,895 times
Conservatives are all about protecting the wealthy, making the rich richer, and to heck with the poor. Exactly the opposite of what Christianity teaches. Yet somehow the conservatives have managed to convince people that they are the true Christians. In my experience liberals are far more Christian in their attitudes than conservatives.

What did Jesus teach? Love of the poor, and he scorned the wealthy. He healed the sick -- for free! Didn't charge anything. He preferred to hang out with the dregs of society and exposed the hypocrisy of people who made a public display of their religion. Show me a conservative like this. Most conservatives I have known only worship money and/or guns. Not Jesus-like.

Luke 1:53: "He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty."

Old 04-09-2016, 12:23 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Conservatives are all about protecting the wealthy, making the rich richer, and to heck with the poor. Exactly the opposite of what Christianity teaches. Yet somehow the conservatives have managed to convince people that they are the true Christians. In my experience liberals are far more Christian in their attitudes than conservatives.

What did Jesus teach? Love of the poor, and he scorned the wealthy. He healed the sick -- for free! Didn't charge anything. He preferred to hang out with the dregs of society and exposed the hypocrisy of people who made a public display of their religion. Show me a conservative like this. Most conservatives I have known only worship money and/or guns. Not Jesus-like.

Luke 1:53: "He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty."
In theory, I agree with you. But I don't believe for a second that all Democrats are passionate good people.

NOT all, but a good numbers of Democrats have no problems attacking a poor person as long as this poor person is southern, male, white, Christian who is also a Republican.

How many times do you hear these "passionate kind hearted" Democrats say something like, "Republicans are all stupid." "They are uneducated." "They are delusional."

Do you call that Christ like?

I think party affiliation has nothing to do with kindness. There are good people from both parties. I try not to use the word 'stupid' because i firmly believe only stupid people call others stupid. but I wonder if many of these liberal Democrats really understand the true meaning of liberalism.

Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:26 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
My god how many times do folks have to ask this question only to get the same answer:

Why exactly do you I like the Democrats... because they aren't the Republicans. It doesn't get any more exact than that.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:32 PM

the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or subjects by encouraging dissent between them.

classic divide and conquer game politicians are playing.

I think clear thinking people should all wake up. Democrats and Republicans shouldn't be enemies. why fight each other when nobody is winning.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:41 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or subjects by encouraging dissent between them.
Is this suppose to make any bloody sense?

I prefer the Democrats because, the policy of maintaining control over....

Quote:
Democrats and Republicans shouldn't be enemies. why fight each other when nobody is winning.
I suppose if you think that LBGT rights, labor unions, the rights of women and minorities, just to name a few are just trivial issues that we can just agree to disagree upon I suppose you might have a point. Unfortunately for millions of Americans these are not trivial issues in the least bit.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Is this suppose to make any bloody sense?.
divide and conquer (or rule)
phrase of divide

Hope now it makes bloody sense to you.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

I suppose if you think that LBGT rights, labor unions, the rights of women and minorities, just to name a few are just trivial issues that we can just agree to disagree upon I suppose you might have a point. Unfortunately for millions of Americans these are not trivial issues in the least bit.
So you think ALL republicans are against LBGT rights? If so, then yes, you can dislike all republicans all you want.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:18 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
So you think ALL republicans are against LBGT rights? If so, then yes, you can dislike all republicans all you want.
Not ALL Republicans, but certainly those in power in Red states seem to spend a lot of time and effort on it.

There are bigger issues in our country that affects all Americans, than homosexual marriage, trams in bathrooms yet many conservative Republicans think these are the biggest issues in our life. So that's why I won't vote for any Republican that harps on those issues.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Not ALL Republicans, but certainly those in power in Red states seem to spend a lot of time and effort on it.

There are bigger issues in our country that affects all Americans, than homosexual marriage, trams in bathrooms yet many conservative Republicans think these are the biggest issues in our life. So that's why I won't vote for any Republican that harps on those issues.
and I can respect that. I won't either.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since this thread is about Democrats. I like those Democrats who can agree to disagree. I can name at least 10 liberal Democrats CD posters who are very smart and at the same time, not aggressive at all. I learned a lot from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections