Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 01:37 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,492 times

Advertisements

You don't have to work for a living when you have dems in control....vote dem and you can lay up all day at home and live stress free.......they pay for everything....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 01:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
You don't have to work for a living when you have dems in control....vote dem and you can lay up all day at home and live stress free.......
That is actually one of the worst (and most immoral) aspects of the Democrats' platform, which is the separation between peoples' outcomes and their decisions/actions.

I hate how the Democrats go around telling people that the reason they are not as successful as they'd like is because of racism, sexism, or high income earners failing to pay their fair share in taxes. Besides being false, it demoralizes those people and makes them think that there is no way for them to improve their lot in life but to support the Democrats who will punish those who have been keeping them down (another lie).

The most powerful tool in the Democrats' arsenal is the progressive income tax which they use to pander to so many people at the expense of the most productive citizens. The worst part is that, no matter how much the top 2% of income earners' taxes are raised, voters who support the Democrats in order to punish those at the top will not see any benefit in their own lives. The Democratic politicians and their cronies are the wealthiest of them all.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:52 PM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
I am sure this has been asked before but I want to know what the reasoning is in people's minds to think liberal/democrat?

Why do you like Hillary Clinton?

Why do you like Bernie Sanders?

What is it about the way republican's/conservatives think that rub you the wrong way?

I am a conservative born and raised. I have lived in the mid-west my entire life and I honestly just do not understand how people can be for abortion, for letting people of every gender in any bathroom they choose, why people are against guns, why saying the pledge of allegiance in schools is not okay any more, why kids HAVE to learn about other religions but learning about Christianity is wrong?

If someone could take the time to respectfully answer these questions I would appreciate it.

Well - I'm a democrat and have worked and campaigned for some wonderful democrats - who actually embodied the principles of the democratic party without being so far left leaning as they tend to be these days. Mind you - I'm much older and the rules have changed - but the old democrats were not much different than the Republicans of today. Yes - you help others - but it wasn't suppose to be a life long hand out.

I don't like Hillary or Bernie and never voted for Obama.

I don't believe in abortion when used as birth control but do believe the option should be there for cases of incest, rape, medically problems for the mom or child.

I'm not for letting the opposite gender into my bathroom - sorry folks - there are some things that should remain private - door or no door.

I don't like guns - but my whole family has them and I respect their right to keep and bear arms.

I've often asked here - why people are supporting Hillary after all the controversy she's been involved in and no one has given me a good answer - so I'm waiting to see how they respond to you.

Folks - just because OP was born and bred in the mid-west does not mean he's a bible thumper or not knowledgeable of other races.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:57 PM

11,795 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Not ALL Republicans, but certainly those in power in Red states seem to spend a lot of time and effort on it.

There are bigger issues in our country that affects all Americans, than homosexual marriage, trams in bathrooms yet many conservative Republicans think these are the biggest issues in our life. So that's why I won't vote for any Republican that harps on those issues.

But - those Republicans wouldn't be concerning themselves with such trivial stuff if the liberals didn't make it an issue in the first place. Libs love to change everything because it may or may not be unfair for a few.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:00 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

I've often asked here - why people are supporting Hillary after all the controversy she's been involved in and no one has given me a good answer - so I'm waiting to see how they respond to you..
My sister in law is a Hillary supporter. She believes that Hillary Clinton has the best track record on women's issues.

I did some research on my own.

In her time as Secretary of State, she appointed the first-ever Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues at the State Department; oversaw the creation of the U.S. National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security; and introduced the Global Health Initiative (GHI), investing $63 billion to help partner countries provide robust maternal and infant health services. Secretary Clinton has worked tirelessly to elevate women’s rights as the key towards economic prosperity and global stability. Her public and private initiatives have appropriated millions of dollars towards providing secondary education to young girls around the world, and tackling the obstacles that face at-risk youths.

Why Hillary Clinton Has the Best Track Record on Women's Issues

above seems to be her biggest accomplishment. investing all these money helping partner countries.

I am not very impressed.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:05 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My sister in law is a Hillary supporter. She believes that Hillary Clinton has the best track record on women's issues.

I did some research on my own.

In her time as Secretary of State, she appointed the first-ever Ambassador-at-Large for Global Women’s Issues at the State Department; oversaw the creation of the U.S. National Action Plan on Women, Peace, and Security; and introduced the Global Health Initiative (GHI), investing $63 billion to help partner countries provide robust maternal and infant health services. Secretary Clinton has worked tirelessly to elevate women’s rights as the key towards economic prosperity and global stability. Her public and private initiatives have appropriated millions of dollars towards providing secondary education to young girls around the world, and tackling the obstacles that face at-risk youths.

Why Hillary Clinton Has the Best Track Record on Women's Issues

above seems to be her biggest accomplishment. investing all these money helping partner countries.

I am not very impressed.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I was conservative born and raised, so were my parents, yet they were pro-choice, anti-gun, said the pledge of allegiance, but didn't want religion in the public schools--- there are private schools for that. I got my religious education in church and at home. They always voted Republican and would never have voted for a Democrat. In their generation, Democrat/Republican was like blue-collar/white collar, a class thing.

I became a Democrat once I went to college and discovered the conservative students were racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, and homophobic beyond belief. At first I thought they were just joking, but soon it became clear it was no joke. I could not associate with them anymore. And I wanted to associate with the diverse people on the Democratic side.
So you believed the propaganda fed to you by liberals at college. At least you admit you were brainwashed.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:07 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
picture
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...28ab45e820.jpg

but thanks for the picture anyway, I need to show this to my aunt who is a breast cancer survivor. She will love Sanders because of this

Old 04-09-2016, 02:13 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,219,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiss View Post
I am sure this has been asked before but I want to know what the reasoning is in people's minds to think liberal/democrat?

Why do you like Hillary Clinton?

Why do you like Bernie Sanders?

What is it about the way republican's/conservatives think that rub you the wrong way?

I am a conservative born and raised. I have lived in the mid-west my entire life and I honestly just do not understand how people can be for abortion, for letting people of every gender in any bathroom they choose, why people are against guns, why saying the pledge of allegiance in schools is not okay any more, why kids HAVE to learn about other religions but learning about Christianity is wrong?

If someone could take the time to respectfully answer these questions I would appreciate it.
You really think it's impossible to understand that people have a different world view than you? That people whose lives and experiences are different from yours have a different outlook?

I don't understand how Conservatives can be hypocrites who want a government just small enough to fit in a woman's uterus. How they think that it's ok to discriminate against people they don't like and saying that it's ok to not treat those people as fellow citizens entitled to the full benefit and protection of the law.

And I don't understand how people can cherry pick bogus information like saying that children have to learn about other religions about learning about Christianity is wrong. I'm a non-Christian (I'm Jewish) and I can assure you that Christianity is very much the default - it's so pervasive that you don't even have a clue on how much it's forced on people with a different religion or belief system.

The bottom line is that Conservatives tend to mostly be white Christians who are unhappy that other people are no longer accepting the default position that they are entitled to the privilege they've had in our country and that we want true equality for all, regardless of sex, race, gender, religion and any other categories that have been used to oppress others.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Conservatives are Close Minded and Liberals are Open Minded... Thats About it Honestly........
Yeah, like there are no closed minded liberals. There are closed minded people on both sides who enjoy hollering at and insulting people who do not agree with them. Honestly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections