Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 05:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Oh we know Trump supporters don't care about reality. So will you be mad when he changes his mind on the wall? Will you be mad when he changes his mind on illegals? Will you be mad when he changes his mind on jobs leaving America? Will you be mad when he starts pointless wars to distract his supporters?
You say "this will happen" and "that will happen."

I'm glad you have a crystal ball.

Continue to have fun deluding yourself with it -- you, who claims to care about "reality."

Quote:
Yes, there is inconsistencies, flip flopping, and lies from both parties, and you are basically admitting that Trump is just the same as any other lying politician. His supporters just like to ignore that fact because he says what they want to hear even if it is just lies.
As Berdee pointed out, he never promised not to use a teleprompter.

Maybe you should sweep the sidewalk in front of your house. It would make a lot more difference than your obsessing about a candidate you would never vote for anyway.

Better yet, post a thread listing 10 great Hillary accomplishments, and 10 great Hillary proposals that you support.

Good luck with that -- LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:27 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,701,163 times
What!!!!!!! Trump is using a teleprompter ??????? Wow, I didn't think the guy could read ! Maybe he is smarter than I thought !

As for Trump saying he would never use one and then now doing it, big deal. He has flip flopped on every other thing he has said so far, so why should this be any different ? Trumps favorite line, when questioned, is........"I didn't say that" even though there is proof on video where he DID say it.

He is a master of squirming out of things by denying he ever did it. I kind of hope he does win this election..........the next 4 years will be SO much fun to watch. Some reporter will ask him 2 years from now "Where is that wall you promised to build , President Trump ?" He will respond "I NEVER said I was going to build a wall, I said I thought the walls in the White House were a horrible color !"

Old 06-11-2016, 05:33 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You say "this will happen" and "that will happen."

I'm glad you have a crystal ball.

Continue to have fun deluding yourself with it -- you, who claims to care about "reality."

As Berdee pointed out, he never promised not to use a teleprompter.

Maybe you should sweep the sidewalk in front of your house. It would make a lot more difference than your obsessing about a candidate you would never vote for anyway.

Better yet, post a thread listing 10 great Hillary accomplishments, and 10 great Hillary proposals that you support.

Good luck with that -- LOL!
Oh, no crystal ball needed, we see him lying about things now, so it is a safe bet he will be lying about other things as well. Sorry I had to point out that Trump supporters support a liar.

But you are right, this doesn't make a difference because he will continue to lie to his supporters and they will continue to make excuses for him. It is just fun to see what excuses they come up with next.

I like the excuse that he never promised not to use a teleprompter while saying no one running for president should use one. I guess that means Trump isn't running for president or he is just lying again. Your choice.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:26 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,320,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
He likes to goad useful pawns like you.

He said, AND I QUOTE: "If you’re running for president, you should not be allowed to use a teleprompter."
His fans have selected amnesia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I like to vet my candidates and understand them, so I have watched him, listened to him, and he has said it more than once. He has said he will have to eventually start using a teleprompter.

I don't allow my opinions to be shaped by the media narrative, you should try it.
No, he didn't. He said eventually he'd start acting more presidential. Not the same thing at all.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:38 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,946,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
His fans have selected amnesia.

No, he didn't. He said eventually he'd start acting more presidential. Not the same thing at all.
“I’ve started to use them a little bit,” he said during his May address to the National Rifle Association. “They’re not bad. You never get yourself in trouble when you use a teleprompter. You know the problem is, it’s too easy. We have a president who uses teleprompters, it’s too easy. We should have non-teleprompter speeches only when you’re running for president, you find out about people. The other way you don’t find out about anybody."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...ixzz4BH2hQwI2]

Isn't Trump still the presumptive nominee?

Old 06-11-2016, 07:03 AM

25,968 posts, read 22,149,005 times
I'm still looking for someone to provide the link that says that Trump said he would never use a teleprompter.

I see it being like using notecards, like in the olden days, just so you cover everything.

I'm fine with Trump using the teleprompter. He has already delivered his message without it. We know it is his message and now he is polishing it up.

I guess the better he does, and it will get better every day now, the more desperation, hopelessness and envy the competition will feel thus causing some irrational and anger bantering on their part.

It is hard to sympathize with voters that insist on making a bad choice since we all, at least at this time, still have the right to choose who we vote for.

Imagine the nonsense that will be spewed 3 months from now not to mention the "But, but isn't it time.........." I know what it is time for and remain hopeful!

Old 06-11-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
“I’ve started to use them a little bit,” he said during his May address to the National Rifle Association. “They’re not bad. You never get yourself in trouble when you use a teleprompter. You know the problem is, it’s too easy. We have a president who uses teleprompters, it’s too easy. We should have non-teleprompter speeches only when you’re running for president, you find out about people. The other way you don’t find out about anybody."

]Trump and the teleprompter: A brief history - POLITICO

Isn't Trump still the presumptive nominee?
Yes, and milk still about $1.78 a half gallon. What's your point? Neither one has a thing to do with Trump making fun of others for using a teleprompter then using one himself because he kowtowed to orders from above.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I'm still looking for someone to provide the link that says that Trump said he would never use a teleprompter.
No one is claiming that.. This is what was said. It's in the OP post.

Trump: Presidential Candidates Shouldn't Be Allowed To Use Teleprompters - Breitbart

Old 06-11-2016, 07:15 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,946,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

I see it being like using notecards, like in the olden days, just so you cover everything.

I'm fine with Trump using the teleprompter. He has already delivered his message without it. We know it is his message and now he is polishing it up.

I guess the better he does, and it will get better every day now, the more desperation, hopelessness and envy the competition will feel thus causing some irrational and anger bantering on their part.

It is hard to sympathize with voters that insist on making a bad choice since we all, at least at this time, still have the right to choose who we vote for.

Imagine the nonsense that will be spewed 3 months from now not to mention the "But, but isn't it time.........." I know what it is time for and remain hopeful!
True. We've had what...a year of Trump without a teleprompter? Hasn't he already said enough to cover his main points? I also see that he talked yesterday without a teleprompter so it's probably not going to be used as a crutch. I think it only matters to those looking to score political points on a technicality.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:24 AM

952 posts, read 518,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
True. We've had what...a year of Trump without a teleprompter? Hasn't he already said enough to cover his main points? I also see that he talked yesterday without a teleprompter so it's probably not going to be used as a crutch. I think it only matters to those looking to score political points on a technicality.
TRUMP is the only one trying to score political points by using the teleprompter...ask Ryan, McConnell, David Koch and multitudes of donors...'the puppet masters' at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections