Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 01:41 AM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,097 times

Advertisements

Well, well, well... whatddayaknow. Lookie who uses a teleprompter now!

Election 2016: Donald Trump turns to the teleprompter - CNNPolitics.com

Quote:
After days of characteristic defiance amid charges that his comments accusing a Mexican-American judge of bias were racist, Trump's speech Tuesday night marked an about-face as a more restrained, yet out-of-character Trump appeared.
Donald Trump turned to the two teleprompters to his left and right on Tuesday night and took a victory lap, as Republicans cast their final votes of the primary season.
I thought the goon said teleprompters were only for losers. So what happened? Is Trump saying he's an un-presidential loser?

Trump: Presidential Candidates Shouldn't Be Allowed To Use Teleprompters - Breitbart

Quote:
Trump said, “if you’re running for president, you should not be allowed to use a teleprompter. No, it’s true. It’s true. It’s so easy.” He then mocked politicians who read off teleprompters before continuing, “you shouldn’t be allowed, because you don’t know what you’re going to get. Look what happened with Obama, where he’s a teleprompter guy. No, it’s true. … you don’t want a scripted president. And you don’t want a politically correct president because it takes too much long — takes too much time.”
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote:
Bad performance by Crooked Hillary Clinton! Reading poorly from the telepromter! She doesn't even look presidential!

Last edited by ambient; 06-11-2016 at 02:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 02:09 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
He likes to goad politicians. He has said he would eventually have to use a teleprompter.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:27 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
Again, he said he would eventually be using a teleprompter.

Stupid thread.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
At a guess, he is getting exhausted. The non stop campaigning, and recognizing you have months and months of this ahead of you, has got to just be pulling it out of folks. And he is finding out he has limits, the pace requires technological assistance in keeping it all straight.

IE-Its easy to criticize when you're not the one there.
HE'S the one who started off criticizing people who use teleprompters!

Now I'm supposed to feel sorry for the poor softie? Aww it's been such a long campaign.

You're a real hoot.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:58 AM

952 posts, read 521,723 times
My guess is that Trump is ONCE AGAIN grounded and forbidden to speak off the top of his ignorant head. Coming right after his rants about the Mexican judge and the fallout from that, he is forced to play 'nice' in order to suck up for support and donations.

Makes sense, as the last time he used a teleprompter was during his speech on foreign policy, which came shortly after his disastrous Cinco de Mayo taco tweet...

Trump doesn't have the wits about him to grasp and deliver a civilized speech on his own. When the going gets tough, the weak get humbled...

Old 06-11-2016, 03:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
How funny that Trump now sees he needs to reinvent himself ....... But, but, I thought he was supposed to be the "Best" at all things!!!

Old 06-11-2016, 04:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,466,976 times
Trump defeated sixteen competitors without once using a teleprompter.

Did Clinton do that? Did Sanders?

When has Obama not used a teleprompter?

Oh, let's see...his teleprompter failed once, and all we heard from him was, "And my health care plan, it will save, uh....well, as I was saying...uh, you see....this is why....uh....we need to change things, you know....and I'm gonna do that because...uh, you know... we need a better system....and, uh...."

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-11-2016 at 04:42 AM..

Old 06-11-2016, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Oh, my!

Much ado about nothing!

Trump defeated sixteen competitors without once using a teleprompter.

Did Clinton do that? Did Sanders?

When has Obama not used a teleprompter?

Oh, let's see...his teleprompter failed once, and all we heard from him was, "And my health care plan, it will save, uh....well, as I was saying...uh, you see....this is why....uh....we need to change things, you know....and I'm gonna do that because...uh, you know... we need a better system....and, uh...."
So riddle me this:

Why did your leader ridicule people who used a teleprompter and say "no presidential candidate should use one" and now he's talking off a teleprompter?

I'm waiting for your answer. Oh my!

Old 06-11-2016, 04:36 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,466,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So riddle me this:

Why did your leader ridicule people who used a teleprompter and say "no presidential candidate should use one" and now he's talking off a teleprompter?

I'm waiting for your answer. Oh my!
Because he changed his mind.

Duh.

His using a teleprompter on occasion is nothing compared to your heroes -- who couldn't speak extemporaneously if their lives depended on it.

And, BTW, when are you going to criticize Obama and Hillary for their endless hypocrisy and lies?

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"There will be no lobbyists in my administration."

"There were no classified emails on my server."

"The attack was caused by a video."

"We were under sniper fire when we got off the plane."

Last edited by dechatelet; 06-11-2016 at 04:47 AM..

Old 06-11-2016, 04:42 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,295,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Because he changed his mind.

Duh.

And, please give me the quote where he said no presidential candidate should ever use one.
That sounds like a weak excuse. So we can expect Trump do make fun and attack others, then turn around and do the same things because he simply "changed his mind."

So when he caves with Russia, when he caves with the Democrats, when he caves with Iran, when he caves with Mexico, are you guys just gonna claim he changed his mind? Guess we will never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections