Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 10:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
There is a new dance craze called the "Trump Two Step." He is the master of dodging any issue by shrugging his shoulders and saying "I don't know."

Here is a perfect example of him squirming his way out of direct questions, something we see him do all the time:
I look forward to the one-on-one debates where he will not have the luxury of talking over someone to avoid answering a question, nor will he have eight other candidates to deflect to and limit his camera time. Nope, he will have to answer substantive questions, and if he dodges them, you can be sure Clinton will call him on it. He will be left floundering on the stage like a fish out of water. Now that will be entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 10:18 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
He likes to goad politicians. He has said he would eventually have to use a teleprompter.
And using one becomes good when he does it right after it was bad when others do, right?

WHAT a putz this pretender is!

Old 06-11-2016, 10:19 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Because he changed his mind.
Ha, that's funny! He didn't change his mind. He was FORCED to use it by the RNC. I imagine they came down on him like a ton of bricks for his stupid remarks of the last few days. I bet they even threatened him with being tossed as the nominee if he didn't use one.

I listened to his speech; it was totally without emotion. I could see he was really chafing at having to follow someone's direction. He sounded like a wooden puppet. Bland and flat. I could tell he didn't mean a word of what he was reading off the teleprompter.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:20 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,948,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I look forward to the one-on-one debates where he will not have the luxury of talking over someone to avoid answering a question, nor will he have eight other candidates to deflect to and limit his camera time. Nope, he will have to answer substantive questions, and if he dodges them, you can be sure Clinton will call him on it. He will be left floundering on the stage like a fish out of water. Now that will be entertainment.
Ehh, debates never seem to go as well as you think for either candidate. I remember hearing how Romney would crush Obama or how Biden would destroy Palin...none of which really happened or seemed to matter.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:24 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,087,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Ha, that's funny! He didn't change his mind. He was FORCED to use it by the RNC. I imagine they came down on him like a ton of bricks for his stupid remarks of the last few days. I bet they even threatened him with being tossed as the nominee if he didn't use one.

I listened to his speech; it was totally without emotion. I could see he was really chafing at having to follow someone's direction. He sounded like a wooden puppet. Bland and flat. I could tell he didn't mean a word of what he was reading off the teleprompter.
Well, except when he went off script and made the pee-pee joke. Kindergartners (and Trump supporters) across the country cheered. That was the one tiny bit of the real Trump that broke through in that flat and emotionless speech, and naturally it was classical school-boy adolescent level stuff. Because that's what Trump is.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
It doesn't matter who or how many people use a teleprompter.

Trump said he would NOT use one. He said people who use them are LOSERS.

Did Clinton, Sanders, or Obama ever boast that THEY would never use a teleprompter?

No, they didn't.

Trump did. This thread is about Trump, no one else. Stay on topic.
Trump living rent free in many people's minds.

Imagine in your best sniffling, whining baby voice:

"Trump said he wouldn't use a teleprompter and, and, and, and he did whaaah"

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-11-2016 at 03:56 PM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 06-11-2016, 10:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, except when he went off script and made the pee-pee joke. Kindergartners (and Trump supporters) across the country cheered. That was the one tiny bit of the real Trump that broke through in that flat and emotionless speech, and naturally it was classical school-boy adolescent level stuff. Because that's what Trump is.
Oh, I didn't hear that part. Probably got bored and went outside with the dogs. They had to pee pee!

I'm not surprised, though.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:27 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
LOL. No it's not. I could say today that I'll NEVER drink soda. If I decide to drink soda next week, does that make me a hypocrite? Of course not,....
trump's quote:

"I've always said, if you run for president, you shouldn't be allowed to use teleprompters,”

so, to use your analogy:

"you shouldn't be allowed to drink soda"

to then drink soda is absolutely hypocritical.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump's quote:

"I've always said, if you run for president, you shouldn't be allowed to use teleprompters,”

so, to use your analogy:

"you shouldn't be allowed to drink soda"

to then drink soda is absolutely hypocritical.
If changing one's mind is hypocritical than we are all hypocrites. The onus is on you to prove Trump still believes that despite using a teleprompter. Lack of a formal explanation is not proof.

Old 06-11-2016, 11:51 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
I knew someone else wrote the speech and Mr. Trump didn't even look at it beforehand when he kept referring to Hillary as "Secretary Clinton". I don't think he did that even once before. That's weak.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections