Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 01:12 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
So what does that say about Trump for using one? Or are you just gonna make an excuse for Trump?
He doesn't need a special dispensation from you in order to change his mind.

Nor does he require your highness to excuse him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 01:18 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,658,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not true.

Extemporaneous speech without a teleprompter is the mark of a true statesman, leader and intellectual.

Trump does it a lot better than Hillary or Obama.
Not when you just spew stupid stuff like Trump does. He repeats himself over and over and can't even speak in complete sentences.

Old 06-14-2016, 01:34 AM

4,326 posts, read 1,264,152 times
My nephew asked me yesterday, why does Donald Trump keep repeating everything he says, and why does he hate Mexican people? I didn't even know what to tell him.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:21 AM

24,434 posts, read 23,092,690 times
Obama was a slave of the teleprompter and couldn't string two words together without one. And Hillary can't make a speech unless its scripted with one liners for her. We stopped having think on your Presidents with Reagan and Clinton.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:26 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Not when you just spew stupid stuff like Trump does. He repeats himself over and over and can't even speak in complete sentences.
He's very unpolished with the prompter -and with the prompter, he messed up and the (MSNBC) ran with it. It was an obvious stumble when he said the killer was born in Afghan, when I think he meant the killer's father. I listened to his speech on the Sirius XM yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be hyperventilating - what a mess if this guy gets the keys to the WH from so many angles.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
He gets his point across, and that's all that counts.

Try giving 100 speeches on the same subject without repeating yourself.

Good luck with that.

Nobody posting here is in a position to criticize Trump.

I haven't seen any "great" speeches or posts from you or anyone else.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He's very unpolished with the prompter -and with the prompter, he messed up and the (MSNBC) ran with it. It was an obvious stumble when he said the killer was born in Afghan, when I think he meant the killer's father. I listened to his speech on the Sirius XM yesterday afternoon and he seemed to be hyperventilating - what a mess if this guy gets the keys to the WH from so many angles.
Oh, who cares?

Is this the 100th time the world ended for you because of Trump, or the 101st time?

Old 06-14-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
My nephew asked me yesterday, why does Donald Trump keep repeating everything he says, and why does he hate Mexican people? I didn't even know what to tell him.
When did he ever say he hated Mexican people?

Oh, he didn't.

He did have some harsh words for illegal aliens who murder and rape people in this country.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:09 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
He doesn't need a special dispensation from you in order to change his mind.

Nor does he require your highness to excuse him.
True, Trump just made fun of teleprompters and then became those he makes fun of by using one.Trump is a buffoon and his supporters will always make excuses for him when he lies.

Old 06-14-2016, 10:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,480,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayInCA View Post
He repeats himself to allow him to gather his thoughts and think about what he's about to say next. Some people use "um".....but he repeats himself.

He seems to see anyone other than WASP people as inferior. He makes it seem like minorities are his underlings. And he categorizes them frequently by saying things like "the gays like me," the Asians like me," and "the Blacks like me".......

Praying that your nephew doesn't inherit a world/country trashed by this bozo Trump. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections