Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 08:51 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopskooper View Post
Well, we're not going to really agree here. Mr. Khan is not a politician so I don't think he should have to suggest an alternative plan.

Yes, khan attacked Trump. So have many others. If you are running for President of the United States, you have to accept being verbally attacked. Yes, he lashed out at Trump with anger. He lost a son. Whether you think his manner was decent or indecent, a person running for office should respond in a diplomatic manner. This isn't a politician attacking another politician. Trump can lash back at any politician attacking him. But this was a Gold Star family and Trump shouldn't be lashing back at them. It's Trump who is lacking decency.

Although I disagree with you on everything you've said, you have satisfied my peeve by accepting the fact that the Khans were not blaming Trump for their son's death so I thank you. See if you can now convince your buddy ELOrocks of that.
~amanda
What has Mr. Kahn losing a son have to do with Trump? No connection at all. NONE!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:59 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,870 times
Quote:
Well, we're not going to really agree here. Mr. Khan is not a politician so I don't think he should have to suggest an alternative plan.

Yes, khan attacked Trump. So have many others. If you are running for President of the United States, you have to accept being verbally attacked. Yes, he lashed out at Trump with anger. He lost a son. Whether you think his manner was decent or indecent, a person running for office should respond in a diplomatic manner. This isn't a politician attacking another politician. Trump can lash back at any politician attacking him. But this was a Gold Star family and Trump shouldn't be lashing back at them. It's Trump who is lacking decency.

Although I disagree with you on everything you've said, you have satisfied my peeve by accepting the fact that the Khans were not blaming Trump for their son's death so I thank you. See if you can now convince your buddy ELOrocks of that.
~amanda
yeah, you know what though, you gotta be civil, you aren't just allowed to say whatever you want to say whenever you want to say it and then be shocked and actually mad if someone doesn't take your crap.

Whether or not they specifically blamed him or not seems to almost not even matter just because the outburst was so filled with hate and anger that many people probably don't even know he didn't specifically blame Mr Trump.

At the end of the day, we already have a president who 'takes guff' from people, if that's what you like, than that's your right to like someone who can have some verbs tossed his way and just let it fluff off his back.

I think in retrospect Trump would have just ignored this guy and not said a word, after all, none of it had anything to do with him, Trump would have gained massive brownie points with a lot of people if he just took the comments and was incredibly classy about it and said nice things about khan even after all of that.

hopefully he can learn going forward because at this point, he probably needs to convince a few more people to come on board in order to win.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:59 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,028,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What has Mr. Kahn losing a son have to do with Trump? No connection at all. NONE!
Well, again, where did I or anybody else say that Trump had anything to do with Khan losing a son?

Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims. Khan is angry because of Trump's xenophobia. The reason Khan was on the stage at the DNC in the first place was because he lost a son who was in the U.S. military. He wasn't some joe-blow Muslim off the street.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
yeah, you know what though, you gotta be civil, you aren't just allowed to say whatever you want to say whenever you want to say it and then be shocked and actually mad if someone doesn't take your crap.

Whether or not they specifically blamed him or not seems to almost not even matter just because the outburst was so filled with hate and anger that many people probably don't even know he didn't specifically blame Mr Trump.

At the end of the day, we already have a president who 'takes guff' from people, if that's what you like, than that's your right to like someone who can have some verbs tossed his way and just let it fluff off his back.

I think in retrospect Trump would have just ignored this guy and not said a word, after all, none of it had anything to do with him, Trump would have gained massive brownie points with a lot of people if he just took the comments and was incredibly classy about it and said nice things about khan even after all of that.

hopefully he can learn going forward because at this point, he probably needs to convince a few more people to come on board in order to win.
I disagree with the first part of your post but wholeheartedly agree with the last part.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Well, again, where did I or anybody else say that Trump had anything to do with Khan losing a son?

Trump wants to ban ALL Muslims. Khan is angry because of Trump's xenophobia. The reason Khan was on the stage at the DNC in the first place was because he lost a son who was in the U.S. military. He wasn't some joe-blow Muslim off the street.
trump is trying to stop the violence, if you have better idea, what is it?

Old 08-06-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
trump is trying to stop the violence, if you have better idea, what is it?
Well, as Trump is now seemingly implying, there has to be very strict and effective vetting. I still contend that we just can't ban ALL Muslims ...and it's just not me. It's just about everybody except you folks in Trump's core support base.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Well, as Trump is now seemingly implying, there has to be very strict and effective vetting. I still contend that we just can't ban ALL Muslims ...and it's just not me. It's just about everybody except you folks in Trump's support base.
I think that you're right because even if temporarily banning all muslims would cut down on the violence in the short term, in the long term, the damage the psychological effect would have will probably cause more violence that just a stronger vetting process would have.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I think that you're right because even if temporarily banning all muslims would cut down on the violence in the short term, in the long term, the damage the psychological effect would have will probably cause more violence that just a stronger vetting process would have.
Do you admit that the vast majority of Muslims in the U.S. (or anywhere else for that matter) are peaceful and just going about their daily life with no threat to you? I believe that. Yes, some believe that the majority of Muslims are bad people that just want to kill Americans. I don't believe that. I think the vast majority have no threat to me or my family.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:

Kahn is a immigration lawyer.. his real reason ...

Old 08-06-2016, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Do you admit that the vast majority of Muslims in the U.S. (or anywhere else for that matter) are peaceful and just going about their daily life with no threat to you? I believe that. Yes, some believe that the majority of Muslims are bad people that just want to kill Americans. I don't believe that. I think the vast majority have no threat to me or my family.
Don't believe it.. they want to take over the world.. that is their purpose for being a muslim.. their first purpose..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections