Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,370,836 times

Advertisements

In my circle of family and friends of both parties I have heard some say they are going to roll the dice and take their chances with Trump. The majority are Bernie supporters and voting for Stein.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:42 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,993,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
when i see thread headlines like this, i know dems are getting nervous.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,993,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Can you show the evidence that she is sinking like a rock? Because in the past week what we have seen is quite the opposite....
Here comes the fake tweet...

Old 08-02-2016, 08:45 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,348,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump shoots from the hip. He tells it like it is with a big mouth. He doesn't know how to play the game of politics.
The only thing he shoots from the hip is his own foot over and over again.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:50 AM

952 posts, read 518,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I supported Trump because I detest Hillary Clinton but have to agree that he is shooting himself in the foot with the comments he's making. Some of his stuff just makes me cringe. I keep waiting for someone to tell him to tone it down, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. If he keeps going like this, any chance he did have will be gone.

Right now I don't know who I would vote for. If Trump keeps up with the rhetoric, he's just handing the election to Clinton, and I will not vote for her. Ever.
Really, what good would it do for Trump to 'tone it down' at this stage? We all know what he is like...

He can't go a week without doing or saying something stupid to get himself into the headlines, and NOBODY can control him in those moments. Manafort has got to be exhausted making up excuses for him and Pence had to be desperate to link himself to this campaign.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:54 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Really, what good would it do for Trump to 'tone it down' at this stage? We all know what he is like...

He can't go a week without doing or saying something stupid to get himself into the headlines, and NOBODY can control him in those moments. Manafort has got to be exhausted making up excuses for him and Pence had to be desperate to link himself to this campaign.
Right. And this is how Trump has always been, its just now he is more exposed and in the media all the time so now more people are seeing what he really is like. But he's always been like this. But before he was just an entertainer. Presidential nominee is a whole other story.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:56 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,523,046 times
Tone it down for what? This is why he is in the position he is in. People act like he hasn't been doing this for 18 months. Why change now? And even if he did, no one would believe he was sincere anyway. He is too far in to change now.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:17 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,045,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
Can you show the evidence that she is sinking like a rock? Because in the past week what we have seen is quite the opposite....
In the past week there's actually been very little change as far as polls go, neither side is sinking or rising very much at all.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:18 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,959,724 times
When Reagan commented on nuking the Russians the liberals all screamed.

Now they scream that the results are more of what we need instead of Trump. How convenient.

Just one look at Hillarious and tell anyone she doesn't look 1 minute away from an insane asylum. No, not her appearance, her demeanor.

Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,291,381 times
In the beginning where was Hillary vs Sanders, and Trump vs the GOP. As an independent who leans Democrat, I was mostly behind Trump. He seemed new, different, refreshing, wearing himself on his sleeve unlike an untrustworthy politician who I believed Hillary was and still is. As time wore on, I was happy how Trump exposed the GOP for the dimwits they were and destroyed them all in the primaries. Meanwhile Hillary fended off Sanders. But then I just kept on feeling that Trump just wouldn't stop. He started to sound more like the neighborhood bully, and as I wanted to hear what he was going to do with the country once in charge all I continued to hear was garbage. Trump hasn't changed nor will he. I'm thinking he isn't even close to presidential material. And on the other hand there's Hillary, completely political and IMO as dangerous a politician as they come. I think there are major skeletons in her closet even more so than we already have been told by the media.

Now I am on the 1/3 1/3 1/3 fence of who to vote for. Hillary, Donald, or someone else. I refuse not to vote regardless of how I feel about the candidates because I think voting is one of the most important things I as a citizen can do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections