Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:35 AM

3,672 posts, read 2,750,269 times

Advertisements

This just makes me think more and more that Trump is in this whole thing to purposely help Clinton win.

I mean, Trump can't be this bat **** crazy and stupid. Can he?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 AM

952 posts, read 518,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
This just makes me think more and more that Trump is in this whole thing to purposely help Clinton win.

Yep.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:35 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
When the walls around Trump get as close to him and those of the Vatican get around the Pope, let me know.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:55 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I supported Trump because I detest Hillary Clinton but have to agree that he is shooting himself in the foot with the comments he's making. Some of his stuff just makes me cringe. I keep waiting for someone to tell him to tone it down, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. If he keeps going like this, any chance he did have will be gone.

Right now I don't know who I would vote for. If Trump keeps up with the rhetoric, he's just handing the election to Clinton, and I will not vote for her. Ever.
Oh, I'm sure people have been telling him to tone it down. Including his family.

The question is, is he capable of recognizing good advice and then controlling himself sufficiently to follow that advice? The evidence says no.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:06 PM

51,648 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Hillary plays master class chess while Trump is playing checkers.
Is he even playing checkers?

Who runs for President and advocates torture, calls a judge names, gets into with the parents of a soldier who died saving others, implies that Ted Cruz's father was involved with the assassination of JFK, encourages followers to attack others at rallies, asks Putin to conduct cyber espionage on emails sent by Hillary Clinton when she was the U.S. Secretary of State...?

It is even the most outrageous prank ever played on the American people, or the behavior of man who is no longer rational.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:

I have never bought into that theory that he is there to help Clinton. It does not seem like something Trump would agree to, and he's been talking about running for president since the 80s.

That being said, Donny Deutsch and Joe Scarborough were discussing his behavior this morning, and they are are both in contact with the family. Scarborough is seriously questioning his mental health, and he apparently will not take advice from anyone at this point. He thinks it may also affect the kids' futures and reputations.

Deutsch said Trump really does not want the job of governing the country for many reasons--but mostly he's just not interested in it. He said Trump is happiest when he is the center of attention and doing all the talking, but he's not genuinely interested in winning this election (just winning in general).

I'm sure Trump knows what they said. If he doesn't respond by attacking them on Twitter or repudiate their comments, I'm thinking they are most likely correct.

"...saying that he was no longer the man he knew for twenty years and was getting worse by the day...
“I’ve known him for a decade,” Scarborough continued. “I’ve never seen him act like this before. It’s unhinged, it’s not the Donald Trump I’ve known for over a decade...

“It’s not like there was talking points shot out by the DNC or by anybody else,” he insisted. “Everybody was talking about his mental health yesterday, everybody was calling me saying ‘What’s happening to him? What is wrong with him?’”

Scarborough Questions Trump

Old 08-02-2016, 12:34 PM

993 posts, read 766,659 times
Quote:

I'm not being sarcastic.....I think Trump is having a mental breakdown.

He's clearly a narcissist and used to hearing "yes" from those around him. He's now struggling with the reality of a general election and he isn't hearing "yes" all the time. He's being criticized. Underneath all the bluster, he has a fragile ego and is unstable. He's a sick man.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:48 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,964,308 times
Trump is clearly an unstable person. Anyone who takes every issue and makes it about himself, has such a thin skin that he lashes out, doesn't take criticism, makes things up as he goes along, and insults just about everyone is not fit to lead this country. The rest of the world is watching this and wondering what's going on.

He is now starting to set the stage for a possible loss by saying the election will have been rigged if he doesn't win. So in his mind, he either wins or the election was rigged. And his followers hang on every word he says. He was right about one thing: he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any of his supporters. Can one imagine the reaction if a liberal politician had behaved the way Donald has over the last year?

Old 08-02-2016, 12:55 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Trump is clearly an unstable person. Anyone who takes every issue and makes it about himself, has such a thin skin that he lashes out, doesn't take criticism, makes things up as he goes along, and insults just about everyone is not fit to lead this country. The rest of the world is watching this and wondering what's going on.

He is now starting to set the stage for a possible loss by saying the election will have been rigged if he doesn't win. So in his mind, he either wins or the election was rigged. And his followers hang on every word he says. He was right about one thing: he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose any of his supporters. Can one imagine the reaction if a liberal politician had behaved the way Donald has over the last year?
I think he's starting to realize he'll probably lose the election. Latest poll shows Hilary with a big lead.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:06 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,978,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I think he's starting to realize he'll probably lose the election. Latest poll shows Hilary with a big lead.
So what? Last week he was ahead in most polls. He will be up again and down again... it seems HRC supporters are trying to call the election because trump is down in the "polls" this week. Lets wait until November. Trump supporters can hope Trump can keep his mouth shut for a few weeks before the election and HRC supporters can hope no damaging emails pop up a week before election..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections