Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 07:59 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,704,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The worst manager I ever had (he was a very nice person, though) could NEVER come to a decision. In his non-work time he had some kind of job with either the Reserves or the National Guard also in a leadership position. He had to check with a zillion people before he decided anything and I do mean anything.

The only downside I see for a woman is dealing with anyone in the Middle East. That's actually a big deal these days.
And, yet, so many other countries have put women in charge, despite the ME. Why would the US be chicken of that, if England and Germany can do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 08:02 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,292,807 times
Better than a moron that has bankrupted several businesses.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:21 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You cant discuss it because youre stuck in PC land? Is that what you were saying?

Trump is overly reactive, overly emotional, hyper-sensitive, irrational, bitchy, switchy / indecisive, often confused, vindictive and conniving.
Those are just a few of his traits. And one or more of those traits are often assigned (still ) to women and some of those traits have been used against women re; them being in leadership roles.

Old 08-05-2016, 08:53 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,964 times
I have no problem with a woman leading this country. Just absolutely not Clinton.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:33 PM

46,979 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
And, yet, so many other countries have put women in charge, despite the ME. Why would the US be chicken of that, if England and Germany can do it?
Freakin' Pakistan did. Twice.

There's an entire laundry list of valid criticisms to be directed at Hillary Clinton. Plumbing is not one of them.

Old 08-07-2016, 02:48 PM

46,979 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, given Trump's mercurial swings, quick temper, and hair-trigger tendency to last out, does that mean Donald has a permanent male menstrual cycle?
One that seems to cycle every 2/3rds of a second, or so...

Old 08-07-2016, 03:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 4,772,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Troll bait if ever I saw any!
Ding, ding!! This ^^

We have a winner!

Best post I've read all day.

Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM

8,895 posts, read 5,379,571 times
Well even the Founding Fathers didn't have a problem with a woman being in charge.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 7 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,604,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You libs really want a woman making decisions for a country? I cant wrap my head around that...they are so indecisive and poor leaders. Just not the right job for a woman. In charge of a military? A budget? Really? You guys need to think this through.
The UK's having a second go-around with it within the past 37 years: Margaret Thatcher from 1979 to 1990 or 91. Teresa May starting practically right now. Both Conservative Party members. Even several Southern states, conservative as they are, have had female governors (TX. LA, AL, and SC for sure. Maybe a few others I'm missing). I heard no complaints about their gender and/or birth sex.

I suppose there's always gonna be that hard core five to ten percent who'll say "Now go make me a sandwich and grab me a beer". C'est la vive.

Old 08-07-2016, 05:08 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Well, HRC has dealt with heads of state and ministers in the Middle East as Secretary of State. They have given her the protocol as appropriate for any national official.

Some of the countries who have had past or current female heads of state: India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Israel, Liberia, South Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections