Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:01 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You can cite all the 30 year old PR hype you like, since you choose to cite Bloomberg let's see what Bloomberg himself says about Trump today: "I'm from New York and I know a con-man when I see one"

Bloomberg along with other billionaires have wanted to run for president for the longest time but knew they didn't have the support. Trump and Bloomberg were friends, he ran upended the system and made their life long wait for a presidential run seem like nothing. He's mad at himself for not telling the truth to the people and run like that. He'll get over it soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 10:04 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,301,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
One almost could believe the OP time traveled from the 50s.
no, actually sounds like 1700

Old 08-03-2016, 10:07 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Bloomberg along with other billionaires have wanted to run for president for the longest time but knew they didn't have the support. Trump and Bloomberg were friends, he ran upended the system and made their life long wait for a presidential run seem like nothing. He's mad at himself for not telling the truth to the people and run like that. He'll get over it soon
And he still knows a con-man when he sees one!

Old 08-03-2016, 10:09 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,758,364 times
Dumbest post yet.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:25 AM

622 posts, read 410,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
She seemed quite popular for a stretch (elected 3 times?). I would think almost anyone might be despised by their 11th year in office. Most American presidents are losing popularity by their 8th year in office.
Yes, people tire of their leaders after many years in office as you correctly pointed out. But the sort of antipathy that Thatcher aroused in Britain was in a whole different league - and, more importantly, it dissipates over time. Even GWB has seen an improvement in his approval ratings although he left office very unpopular. Churchill lost reelection after leading his country in the war although he did gain power later but he was revered in the years after he left politics.

The one time that people do tend to bury the hatchet is when someone dies if only as a matter of basic decency. So although Reagan was viewed as a polarizing figure during his presidency, even those opposed to him held back from criticizing him after his death, for the most part.

When Thatcher died - almost 25 years after she left office - there were people celebrating her passing. From Wikipedia:

"Groups celebrated her death in Brixton, Leeds, Bristol and Glasgow, and a crowd of 3,000 gathered in Trafalgar Square to celebrate her demise and protest against her legacy."

Old 08-03-2016, 10:28 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,190,050 times
Yeah, wow. Moving. Away. Slowly.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:28 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,400,302 times
I knew there was a good reason to Ignore list the OP.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:29 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I knew there was a good reason to Ignore list the OP.
But look at the entertainment you might miss.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
whoa, buddy, you need a reality check....

Anyone who knows me, knows, as a woman, I am not fond of women as friend, or leaders, and yes, not only are they indecisive, and poor leaders, but they are extremely nasty....
however, there are some women who are outstanding human beings, and who would make better leaders then some men....not only as leaders but in foreign policies and decision makers...unfortunately, Hillary is not that person. She is a really sick woman....who has hurt people to get where she is going...a lot of people, and I've seen corporate women do the same. Blames everyone else for their mistakes, and keeps making them....Hillary is no exception.

Hillary is a nasty woman, who is in fact indecisive and would make a very poor leader and she has proven that, over and over again....However, but...in the same, I'm not at all into the agenda she stands for.

I do believe a lot of women out there are in positions strictly b/c they are women....I've seen not only how indecisive they are, but also how they are unable to multi task, everything is last minute...and how down right mean and nasty...they can be, without any regard for the lives they've hurt and changed.
I'm hoping with Trump as President, one of the changes he brings about is, "The best man/woman for the job". this Diversity thing is ridiculous when it comes down to effectiveness and accuracy.

However, I to, have worked for woman who did a better job then most men have....it just depends...but to put women in charge b/c of their skin color or simply b/c they are women is a big mistake.

It infuriates me, that they want to be out there in the work force, but also want a maturnity leave...they want it all without any regards to the company during that time they are off, or without any regards to their children...they want the money and power. I worked for a woman with 3 kids who traveled constantly...doesn't make sense....what kind of life is that for the children...the father also traveled...they had nanny's for the kids. How unfair.

Good God. My picture of Trump supporters gets bleaker every day.

Those damn women! Always wanting to be EQUAL!

Never mind that we need to populate the next generation to pay your Medicare and SSN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Generally speaking, men do tend to have better leadership skills. However, Not all men are created equal. There are women who can be great leaders and there are men that can be poor leaders and vice versa. It's not a gender issue.

In this case, however, lying, crooked, mafia Hillary would be a HORRIBLE leader for the country. With all the lies and money grabbing cash she's been taking and selling out this country, no way in hell should she become POTUS. If only people knew how corrupt and mafia like she runs her foundation, people would have a better idea what she will do to this country to only benefit her and the Clinton Foundation. Lying Hillary is not to be trusted at ANY cost and needs to be in prison not POTUS. Maybe some future time, a woman can be POTUS, not because she's a woman but because she's not lying, crooked, mafia Hillary and has the virtue and the qualification to be one.
1. Hillary will be President because Donnie is currently the WORST candidate this US has ever seen.
2. I've worked for a Fortune 500 company for 20 years. Both men and women can be good and/or bad managers. Depends entirely on the individual. No, men do not have 'better leadership skills'. Depends on the man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Men have messed up the world so badly with their leadership, can a woman do any worse?
Heck, NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, for fun.

Let's all hope Donald Trump repeats this word for word at an interview on a major network this week.

Fingers crossed.

I've no doubt he will. We know what he thinks about women being sexually harassed. Just go find another career!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yet another Trump fan revealing what kind of folks support Mr. Trump. The picture gets clearer each passing day.

There have been literally countless number of female leaders in the world (including Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, Corazon Aquino, Mary McAleese and so on and so on), and I don't recall those countries imploding during their tenure.

What you are saying, basically, is that the worst man in the country is better than the best woman in the country in running a nation. Make an everyday, real-life observation and you would know immediately that such proposition is totally dumb to even suggest. Unless one is a bigot and sexist.

Mick

I agree. I mean some of the people I know supporting Trump I didn't think were THIS stupid but now I wonder. Every single educated person I know would never consider voting for Trump.

I believe there is a very real difference between Trump supporters and the rest of the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It must be rough for the people who live in 2016 with a 1950's mindset.
That's why they are so cranky all the time! Are they not the crankiest posters on this board?

Old 08-03-2016, 10:45 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,541,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
There have been literally countless number of female leaders in the world (including Margaret Thatcher, Golda Meir, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir, Corazon Aquino, Mary McAleese and so on and so on), and I don't recall those countries imploding during their tenure.
Queen Elizabeth I wasn't shabby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections