Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 09:13 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
You libs really want a woman making decisions for a country? I cant wrap my head around that...they are so indecisive and poor leaders. Just not the right job for a woman. In charge of a military? A budget? Really? You guys need to think this through.
Donald? Is that you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 09:18 AM

622 posts, read 410,183 times
Seriously people, when you cite Margaret Thatcher as an example of an exemplary female leader, you are not taking into account the fact that when she left office she was despised - I mean really detested - by a vast majority of the British people. To this day, she is viewed as a prime minister who caused incredible polarization in the country and a lot of Brits don't remember her fondly to put it mildly - over 25 years after she left office.

Thatcher is probably the most disparaged prime minister since Neville Chamberlain who is associated with appeasement of Hitler. Tony Blair is getting there but that is mainly because of his support for invading Iraq.

I say this as a person with British antecedents who lived for years in the UK and went to school there before I emigrated to the US.

BTW, I don't agree with OP's thesis about the capacity of a woman to lead but Thatcher is not a good example to cite.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:20 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times
Quote:
You libs really want a woman making decisions for a country? I cant wrap my head around that...they are so indecisive and poor leaders. Just not the right job for a woman. In charge of a military? A budget? Really? You guys need to think this through.
People like yourself make the best case for "not Trump", lets start with the fact that there are more women than men, now throw in people like myself who have daughters, even if I agreed with all of Trumps policies whoever ill defined they are, I would never stand shoulder to shoulder with people like you. Just like Trump your kind cant keep your mouth shut and keep hurting yourselves, if you really want Trump to be president cant you see how writing such insane drivel followed by a Go trump really hurts your candidates chances?

Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhuru View Post
Seriously people, when you cite Margaret Thatcher as an example of an exemplary female leader, you are not taking into account the fact that when she left office she was despised - I mean really detested - by a vast majority of the British people. To this day, she is viewed as a prime minister who caused incredible polarization in the country and a lot of Brits don't remember her fondly to put it mildly - over 25 years after she left office.

Thatcher is probably the most disparaged prime minister since Neville Chamberlain who is associated with appeasement of Hitler. Tony Blair is getting there but that is mainly because of his support for invading Iraq.

I say this as a person with British antecedents who lived for years in the UK and went to school there before I emigrated to the US.

BTW, I don't agree with OP's thesis about the capacity of a woman to lead but Thatcher is not a good example to cite.
as a Brit I this post

Old 08-03-2016, 09:21 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Women are smart, thoughtful and generally roll with the punches that life throws at them which makes them stronger.
In many ways women are superior to men. I don't think they should be on the front lines of a battle field but a woman President, Why not?
A woman can be just as qualified as any man is.

Saying that in support of women Hillary is not qualified for the oval office. She is smart and knows the game of politics like no other but the outright lies, the scandals and who knows what else disqualifies her in my book.
She should be running from the cops not running for office.

Saying that many Die hard Dems would call me sexist, anti women or just a plain jerk but sorry Hillary is a mess.
Do not care. Gender is not issue. Policy is. Leadership abilities. Trustworthiness.-have to laugh at that one in view of our choices.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:24 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,492 times
Honestly, I don't have a problem with a woman running the country.
However, I have yet to see a woman politician that I would want to give the job to.

Hillary - no way. Warren, Fiorina, Palin - no way.

Give me a good female candidate and I would gladly vote for them.

Old 08-03-2016, 09:26 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
Honestly, I don't have a problem with a woman running the country.
However, I have yet to see a woman politician that I would want to give the job to.

Hillary - no way. Warren, Fiorina, Palin - no way.

Give me a good female candidate and I would gladly vote for them.

Give me a good male candidate and I would gladly vote for him.

Trump? NO WAY!

Old 08-03-2016, 09:32 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
I do want a female leader, she not ones like Carly Fiorina, Angela Merkel, Ellen Pao, Margret thatcher, Marissa Mayers, and other female leaders who cracked under pressure.

The world deserves a successful Woman leader, something we haven't had yet, but electing Hillary would only continue this terrible streak

Old 08-03-2016, 09:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I do want a female leader, she not ones like Carly Fiorina, Angela Merkel, Ellen Pao, Margret thatcher, Marissa Mayers, and other female leaders who cracked under pressure
And Donny's not showing signs daily of cracking when the real pressure hasn't even started?

Old 08-03-2016, 09:35 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Quote:
The kind of people who won a Revolutionary War and founded this country support Trump. Weak liberals who have weakened it support Hillary.
You mean those guys that wore powdered wigs, stockings and cute little shoes with buckles? Those founders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections