Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2016, 08:21 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

New Mitchell Poll of Michigan conducted AFTER Comey Bombshell

Clinton By 6

Clinton 47%
Trump 41%
Johnson 6%
Stein 2%

MITCHELL POLL: Clinton's lead over Trump stays at 6% in Michigan - Story | WJBK

Old 11-01-2016, 08:26 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is sad that illegal hacking is influencing the election. I don't think that Russia just decided to go through this hacking effort on their own. IMO, there are ties to Trump's campaign and the Russian hacking effort. It will take time to prove it, but it will be uncovered at some point in the future.

Hillary has been attacked by illegal hacking and a 4 year GOP witchhunt funded by the taxpayers andshe is still ahead it the polls.
It's sad but this is the new reality, this election Trump has set a precedent where there are essentially no rules, and no limits on tactics. Legal, extra-legal, it's all good. This is the way elections are held in a banana republic. Seems like that's the way we are heading. Take a means are justified by the end goals approach far enough and it will destroy us.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:29 AM

13,734 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Clinton By 6

Clinton 47%
Trump 41%
Johnson 6%
Stein 2%

You forgot to mention...

Clinton still leads, but it will take a few more days to see how the Comey announcement will impact the campaign,” Steve Mitchell, CEO of Mitchell Research & Communications said.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:38 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

Clinton By 6

Clinton 47%
Trump 41%
Johnson 6%
Stein 2%

Michigan? Why don't you just post polls from CA to show what a commanding lead Clinton has? It's just about as relevant as Michigan.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:43 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Here's some relevant information. The early Black vote which HC so desperately needs is down in key battle ground states. The 18-29 year old vote is down as well
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ters.html?_r=0

This election is all about the turnout and right now Trump has the all-important momentum.
Yes, I read that yesterday. I suppose it is not surprising that the black American turnout will be less than the previous two elections. I wonder what the black participation rate was in 2004, for instance?

Turnout is a two-edged sword. We have seen those reports of Hispanic turnout at record levels. In parts of Florida that may be good for Mr. Trump (Cuban Americans, I believe), but in Texas and Arizona it may not bode so well (although Mr. Trump will, I believe, win Texas; not by numbers given to prior Republican candidates, but even one vote more than Clinton is all he needs).

For your sake (as a Trump supporter), I hope that Mr. Trump does not cite having the 'big mo'. The last Republican that made such a claim a week before the election did not fare well.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Michigan? Why don't you just post polls from CA to show what a commanding lead Clinton has? It's just about as relevant as Michigan.
Trump's campaigning in Michigan. If you give Trump the benefit of the doubt and give him North Carolina, Florida, Ohio, Iowa and even Nevada, he's still short of 270.

He needs one more state:

Colorado
Michigan
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Pennsylvania
Wisconsin

That's Trump's menu. If he takes all of the states that I initially listed above and takes the safe R states, he has 265 EV. He'll need 5 more EV to win, or 4 more if he carries the 2nd CD of Maine. Any of those 6 would do the trick, but none are particularly easy.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:09 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Speaking of schedules, today Donald John Trump will be in Pennsylvania (along with Governor Pence), and then solo tonight in Wisconsin.

Yesterday I noted that he had nothing on for Wednesday, with another poster saying that he would probably go where he is needed most. As of today, his schedule shows him making three stops in Florida tomorrow.

Thursday he again is speaking in Florida, at noon, with his next stop, at 2 p.m., in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. For those of you in Berwyn, go early for good seats, but expect a rather long wait. He then is scheduled, for 4 p.m., in Concord, North Carolina (again, be early, but bring your dinner). He then goes to Selma, NC, for a 7 p.m. engagement.

I will say this: Mr. Trump recently said that, if he did lose, he did not want to think that he lost because he didn't try hard enough. No one can say he is not trying.

Hillary Rodham Clinton will make three stops in Florida today. For a person with health problems ranging from brain tumors to Alzheimer's, she is no slouch either.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:15 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
It isn't though, since Trump needs to flip one of these blue states red to win the election, if he cannot win all the toss-up states: (NV + AZ + CO + IA + OH + NC + GA + FL). If he loses one of those eight states, he would have to win either MI, PA, WI, VA, MN, OR, or NM to make up for it. And if he loses two of the toss up states, then he's going to have to flip a few states from blue to red.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:22 AM

112 posts, read 107,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Speaking of schedules, today Donald John Trump will be in Pennsylvania (along with Governor Pence), and then solo tonight in Wisconsin.

Yesterday I noted that he had nothing on for Wednesday, with another poster saying that he would probably go where he is needed most. As of today, his schedule shows him making three stops in Florida tomorrow.

Thursday he again is speaking in Florida, at noon, with his next stop, at 2 p.m., in Berwyn, Pennsylvania. For those of you in Berwyn, go early for good seats, but expect a rather long wait. He then is scheduled, for 4 p.m., in Concord, North Carolina (again, be early, but bring your dinner). He then goes to Selma, NC, for a 7 p.m. engagement.

I will say this: Mr. Trump recently said that, if he did lose, he did not want to think that he lost because he didn't try hard enough. No one can say he is not trying.

Hillary Rodham Clinton will make three stops in Florida today. For a person with health problems ranging from brain tumors to Alzheimer's, she is no slouch either.
lol

You forgot Parkinson's and narcolepsy.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:29 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is sad that illegal hacking is influencing the election. I don't think that Russia just decided to go through this hacking effort on their own. IMO, there are ties to Trump's campaign and the Russian hacking effort. It will take time to prove it, but it will be uncovered at some point in the future.

Hillary has been attacked by illegal hacking and a 4 year GOP witchhunt funded by the taxpayers andshe is still ahead it the polls.
The illegal hacking would not have happened if she used secure servers! Heck; she might have well have Tweeted!

As far as your Russian ties: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us...rump.html?_r=0. "Law enforcement officials say that none of the investigations so far have found any conclusive or direct link between Mr. Trump and the Russian government. And even the hacking into Democratic emails, F.B.I. and intelligence officials now believe, was aimed at disrupting the presidential election rather than electing Mr. Trump."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections