Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2016, 02:40 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Is this going to be a Clinton landslide win or just a Clinton win? Polls are showing it could go either way. Let's all stayed tuned.

The polls are split between Hillary Clinton winning and
Because Vox is not a Hillary shill at all.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:41 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,164,034 times
Trump's path to 270 is filled with a bunch of obstacles. If he was an MLB pitcher, he would need a perfect game to win the election.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'd love to see a Clinton landslide - one that carries over into Congress. Because, as someone on NPR was saying, it's not as if Republican opponents are suddenly going to become nice, or make any effort to work together with her.

The only advantage she has is that Obama naively thought he could work with Republicans and never expected their intransigence. Hillary is used to those battles.
Obama didn't, not once, try to work with the Republicans, either when they were in the minority or afterwards.

What he did do was send legislation up to the Hill than he knew would be dead on arrival so he could then politicize the process and claim Congress was obstructionist.

Who was it that told the Republicans to sit down and shut up because elections have consequences. Or talked about bringing a gun to a knife fight.

He has been the poster child for a "My way or the highway" President.

You're entitled to opinions, not facts.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:44 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,274,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I'd love to see a Clinton landslide - one that carries over into Congress. Because, as someone on NPR was saying, it's not as if Republican opponents are suddenly going to become nice, or make any effort to work together with her.

The only advantage she has is that Obama naively thought he could work with Republicans and never expected their intransigence. Hillary is used to those battles.

what battles? she will side with the establishment and wall street all the time, that's her record.

We all know she is a NEO CON in foreign policy and talks tough on Russia and regime changes in the Middle East, the Republican neo con establishment will love here in private, they will put up a fight in public for not making it obvious and give the appearance they are fighting her but in private they will give her what she wants.

that's what it means when Hillary says she has a public position and a private one, the establishment republicans are the same way.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:45 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,711,006 times
Quote:
Donald Trump knows he's going to lose and lose big, so what does he do? Starts undermining the legitimacy of the entire American democratic process so on Nov. 9 he can say ... see, I told you so! It's rigged!

Chump will do anything to save his ego -- 240 years of peaceable transfer of power be damned! And this is the guy who you all think should be president? I questioned your judgement and overall fitness to vote when you re-elected W back in '04, but after this election, I'm starting to question whether you have the wherewithal to be in public and function in adult society.
chump?

Try and keep it classy.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:53 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,989,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
I believe an electoral mandate would be a fair punishment for the GOP dropping Trump on us all.
I agree 100%. My ballot is going in the mail today, and for the first time ever I am voting against every Republican on the ticket. In races where there was no one other than a Republican running, I voted for no one.

The only exception to this I would have considered would have been Jeff Flake, since he had the courage to come out against Trump right from the start, but he's not up for reelection this cycle.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:58 PM

30,069 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Is this going to be a Clinton landslide win or just a Clinton win? Polls are showing it could go either way. Let's all stayed tuned.

The polls are split between Hillary Clinton winning and

No man can predict the future.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:11 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
Quote:
Donald Trump knows he's going to lose and lose big, so what does he do? Starts undermining the legitimacy of the entire American democratic process so on Nov. 9 he can say ... see, I told you so! It's rigged!

Chump will do anything to save his ego -- 240 years of peaceable transfer of power be damned! And this is the guy who you all think should be president? I questioned your judgement and overall fitness to vote when you re-elected W back in '04, but after this election, I'm starting to question whether you have the wherewithal to be in public and function in adult society.
Except there is systematic cheating going on. That sort of kills you're entire notion. It's not even disputable. So your idea of "240 years of peaceful transfers" goes out the window. When the powers that be have manipulated and control the common American, it is time for a revolution. I'm not advocating a violent revolution, but a purging of our entire government. The time has come. You can see that happen by either electing Trump, or waiting for Hillary to destroy America and pickup the pieces after. This women is sick and pure Evil to the core. I am not a huge Trumo fan, but I know evil when I see it and that woman is twisted.

Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Worst. Campaign. EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Trump's path to 270 is filled with a bunch of obstacles. If he was an MLB pitcher, he would need a perfect game to win the election.
Don't forget his team mates would have to score for him. And his team has left the field.

But SO entertaining!

Old 10-19-2016, 03:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,693,644 times
Quote:

Did you bother watching the O'Keefe videos or even awake during the DNC Leaks?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-19-2016 at 04:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections