Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2016, 04:50 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The last 3 national polls that RCP publishes has Trump up by 1(IBD), tied (LA Times), and Trump up 2 (Rasmussen)....I know Dems are going to make excuses but they have all been saying the election is over for weeks but guess what, Trump is going to be our next President.
It's October 21. Anyone looking at national polls at this point is clueless about the American electoral process.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:40 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It's October 21. Anyone looking at national polls at this point is clueless about the American electoral process.
3 days earlier you were betting your life that Hillary was guaranteed to win. Liberals love the polls and claim they are infallible for the next 10 years when it shows them what they want to see...if not, well the election is a day away so we can't count the poll, election's too far away.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times
Quote:
3 days earlier you were betting your life that Hillary was guaranteed to win.
What are you talking about? I have never bet my life on anything. Are you just making up nonsense just to have something to say?

Regardless, if you read the comment to which you just replied, you'll see clearly that I said it was clueless to be looking at national polls. Perhaps you don't realize that there are state-by-state polls, to which I was alluding.

Quote:
Liberals love the polls and claim they are infallible for the next 10 years when it shows them what they want to see...if not, well the election is a day away so we can't count the poll, election's too far away.
You just don't get it. The polls are showing very clearly that Clinton is going to win. Attached below is a graphic of what the polls currently show.

In other matters: Shouldn't Nate Silver be updating Utah soon?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ast/utah/#plus

The last poll was the first showing the true four way race, so the impact of earlier polls (especially those in September) shouldn't be so pronounced.
Attached Thumbnails
***National Presidential Polls*** Part IV-capture.jpg  

Last edited by bUU; 10-21-2016 at 06:31 AM..

Old 10-21-2016, 08:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I've been out of state and off line since last Saturday. In going through my latest e-mail today, Rasmussen is reporting 5% of Likely Voters are still claiming to be Undecided.

Who ARE these people?

Who the heck could possibly still be undecided if they are a LIKELY voter? Please somebody, tell me. It included the last debate so what are they waiting for. I don't ever want to know these people who can't make up their mind between 2 (or more) candidates with such opposing issue positions and resumes. Honest to God, Rasmussen is showing Trump ahead by 2% (margin of error is 2.5%) but the only thing I can't think of is that 5% of people likely to vote still don't know what the bleep they are going to do.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I've been out of state and off line since last Saturday. In going through my latest e-mail today, Rasmussen is reporting 5% of Likely Voters are still claiming to be Undecided.

Who ARE these people?

Who the heck could possibly still be undecided if they are a LIKELY voter? Please somebody, tell me. It included the last debate so what are they waiting for. I don't ever want to know these people who can't make up their mind between 2 (or more) candidates with such opposing issue positions and resumes. Honest to God, Rasmussen is showing Trump ahead by 2% (margin of error is 2.5%) but the only thing I can't think of is that 5% of people likely to vote still don't know what the bleep they are going to do.
Probably people who hate both candidates and can't decide yet which of them represents the lesser of two evils.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:26 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Probably people who hate both candidates and can't decide yet which of them represents the lesser of two evils.
Also, they are waiting until the last minute to see all the wikileaks stuff.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:30 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Also, they are waiting until the last minute to see all the wikileaks stuff.
The wikileaks Hillary stuff has been pretty much a bust - all sizzle, no steak - and I wouldn't expect that to change at this point. Voting is already well underway. It's a bit late to be releasing any "bombshells".

Ken

Old 10-21-2016, 09:18 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Latest national polls has Trump us 1 in the IDB and LA Times polls and up 2 in Rasmussen....face it dem-onics, it's over, you lost.

Old 10-21-2016, 09:22 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Lot's of new polls here: http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ecast/updates/
too many to post here, but I found these interesting:

Utah Clinton +5
Iowa Clinton +2
Colorado Clinton +18
New Mexico Clinton +14

Old 10-21-2016, 09:23 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The wikileaks Hillary stuff has been pretty much a bust - all sizzle, no steak - and I wouldn't expect that to change at this point. Voting is already well underway. It's a bit late to be releasing any "bombshells".

Ken
That's my view too, but I could see how a person who is having a really hard time making up his/her mind would be waiting for something to happen to clarify matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections