Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2016, 07:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,945,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I didn't hear anybody complain about the blue wall before the election. Lol
Agreed and the blue wall fell like the Berlin wall did 25 years ago, almost to the day I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,285 posts, read 1,400,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Trump bagged more of both the Black and "Hispanic" vote than Mitt in 2012. Hillary ain't Obama.
That's true, he did but it was still nothing compared to Hillary. Dems will always win the nonwhite vote in a landslide and they know it.

White voters need to come to terms with nonwhites and their voting patterns. This is why I don't understand White conservatives who caved in to the leftist idea of welcoming everybody with open arms. It's ultimately going to bite us in the ass in the future.

21,507 posts, read 10,633,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Trump is anything but an idiot. My take is he executed a brilliant marketing plan, which is all campaigning really is. Instead of selling a used car, he's selling "vote for me's". He targeted his market, went after them hard (rust belt), and the rest as we say is history. The ultra conservatives took him too literally, and the ultra liberals just fear him. I have always wished for a businessman in Washington. I have my wish. Now we'll see what bipartisan leadership looks like, because Trump isn't a Democrat or a Republican. He's a Trump. And when he said "drain the swamp", that included both parties.

Thanks. It took me a year to find the right artist to give my idea to.

Liberal and Conservative are points of view, not a line in the sand to divide a nation. This petition is the biggest and saddest pile of horse crap. I generally hate people (as an anti social introvert). This is one reason why.

Other than some passing messages from Obama and Clinton, I haven't seen the Democrats speak to the public and ask for unity and to give Trump a chance.
I'm excited for a businessman too. I liked Romney too, but people demonized him so hard it just wasn't in the cards. His treatment at the hands of the media was a big factor in Trump's early popularity.

I thought Trump's debate performances were not nearly as bad as the media portrayed them. The first debate I thought he won. I actually felt sorry for Hillary that night. Her answers were rehearsed and her grin was so fake. Trump had some good lines that I thought really hurt, like highlighting how long she had been in government and how people in government never get anything done right. One of the debates he said that if he had paid taxes instead of taking the loopholes, the government would have squandered that money too. I thought that line really hit home.

He was inarticulate, but you got the sense he would try to do what he said he would do. Then the media spun it so much that people thought he lost. The only Democrats who said he won were Michael Moore and the Dilbert cartoon creator.

I hope he does well, but at least he got there despite all the odds. It's going to change the way politics are done in the future. Maybe politicians on both sides won't be so afraid to speak their minds. I would love to put an end to the political consultant BS that makes politicians always say what they think people want to hear instead of the truth. People have gotten so used to the lying that they expected it. I know Trump speaks in hyperbole, but I think he means it when he says he wants to negotiate better trade deals and bring more businesses here. And he will bring a unique experience to the White House, since he has been in the private sector creating jobs. I hope for the country's sake that this little tantrum by the demonstrators will fade and they will let him have a chance.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:47 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,158,579 times
Default Hey liberals. If trump lost the electoral and won the popular, would you be petitioning for Trump to be president?

Just wanted to know if the popular vote would matter in that case. Would you be petitioning and starting riots demanding that Trump take office if this were the situation? Yes or no?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:52 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,358,919 times
No, but then I didn't vote for either of them.

When Bush won the electoral vote over Gore, I never considered to petition to have the election overturned. I did vote for Gore in that election.

I understand the reason for the Electoral College and I abide by the law of the United States in the election process.

Now, if you ask me if I would have signed a petition to have Clinton step down from the Primary stage... I would have done that in a heart beat, due to the fraud that the DNC perpetrated.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:52 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,699,599 times
No. Of course they wouldn't. They would be praising the electoral system. By the way I'm not convinced that the democrats won the popular vote. Obama instructed illegals to vote and you just know that these anarchists submitted fraudulent votes. I believe Trump won by 400,000.

Can you image if the media was fair and balanced instead of grossly in favor of Hitlery Rotten Clinton, and if Hillary didn't have TWICE as much money as Trump to work with? Trump would have won the popular by a landslide.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:53 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,487 posts, read 3,358,919 times
Can anyone name one time petitioning the Government actually worked?

Serious question. My guess is no but who knows...it may have sometime?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:55 PM

19,038 posts, read 14,274,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I think the electoral college needs to be junked but; that's what happened and, Hillary lost. Time to move on.
Actually, the electoral college was a work of genius.
The Founders did not want a democracy, nor a democratic majority running the country.
They suffered under such a system (England's Parliamentary democracy).
The majority party not only made the laws, but filled the ministerial positions, from Prime Minister on down, insuring bias in the execution of the laws.
. . .
Imagine the chaos if the House majority party's legislators were also tapped for all top executive positions?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/46173575-post233.html

Old 11-12-2016, 07:57 PM

1,008 posts, read 489,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
California has yet to process 4 million absentee, mail in and provisional ballots. Currently Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump in California by 29%. Nationally Clinton is ahead of Trump by over 500,000 votes. Once California's ballots are processed, we can expect Hillary's popular vote margin to easily exceed 1 million votes. The final result will be roughly Clinton 62 million and Trump 61 million.

At least 4 million California ballots left to be counted, likely adding to Clinton's popular vote lead - LA Times
No one cares what the fruits and nuts in California do.

Except secede; we'd like you to do that.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:59 PM

4,485 posts, read 3,843,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Just wanted to know if the popular vote would matter in that case. Would you be petitioning and starting riots demanding that Trump take office if this were the situation? Yes or no?
Ha you beat me to making this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections