Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 03:51 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,558,250 times

Advertisements

Me neither. I've never lost sleep after an election before. I truly feel like we're courting the apocalypse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've never felt this way after an election before, whether my chosen candidate won or lost. Right now, the American people have elected a man who has shown it's okay to be a bully, to shout down those who disagree with him, threaten them with prison, to do whatever he likes to women (and girls), to lie incessantly, to sow hate, fear and anger. It's like the reverse of every movie where the bully gets punched in the mouth. Today, the bully triumphs and smiles down from his tower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 03:55 AM

3,858 posts, read 1,794,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've never felt this way after an election before, whether my chosen candidate won or lost. Right now, the American people have elected a man who has shown it's okay to be a bully, to shout down those who disagree with him, threaten them with prison, to do whatever he likes to women (and girls), to lie incessantly, to sow hate, fear and anger. It's like the reverse of every movie where the bully gets punched in the mouth. Today, the bully triumphs and smiles down from his tower.
Its very worrisome and shocking that fellow Americans believed he was the better choice----

Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,714,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Its very worrisome and shocking that fellow Americans believed he was acceptable and worrhy after the things he has said.
things he said? You mean like he's going to be your voice, and he's going to clean up the inner cities and put america first? Things like that?

Old 11-09-2016, 04:02 AM

3,858 posts, read 1,794,978 times
Look I know you trust him to do the right things for our country not all of us feel the same way.

Yes the terrible things he has said this campaign about others.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:03 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,024,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Its very worrisome and shocking that fellow Americans believed he was the better choice----
Two things make Clinton a non choice for me.

First, she was openly engaging people who were using their rights and declaring them enemies. She was, further, engaging to defeat the principles of the Constitution where one has rights that are protected from majority rule.

Secondly, she had not divorced her husband.

If those two conditions were not in effect, I may have indeed voted for her.

Now that Trump has accomplished his purpose, keeping Clinton out of the White House, the support may shift such as where I am writing more checks for the ACLU.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:05 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,527,842 times
^these "personal vendetta" reasons will bring our country into a recession

Old 11-09-2016, 04:06 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,380,078 times
For those of us who believe in spirituality, events like last night are why faith should always be put in God and not in people or country etc..

This isn't the end of the world. Life will go on. For right now though, the U.S. is a much darker place to me.

I'm still in shock. That's the best I have for now.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:07 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Don't know what else to say.

We have lost all cohesiveness. We have no respect for other people. No tolerance.

I am afraid we are in for a rough ride and more anarchy than we have see in most of our lifetimes.

This is not a joke people. It's not American Idol where you can vote in the worst singer for a laugh.

God help us all.
The people have spoken and they don't share you opinion. You talk about tolerance when liberals have showed none.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:09 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,872,552 times
I'm shocked and saddened that my fellow americans support misogny and racism to the extent that they voted for Trumps platform-
but you know, for most of us, who is the president isn't really going to affect our lives in a mere 4 years.

and I'm past the age where I am worrying about unplanned pregnancies, and I don't have to worry about gay marriage, so yea, my life won't really change--
but I am sickened and saddened by what my fellow Americans think-

I think many Americans voted for Trump, who didn't admit it.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:09 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,512,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
TSecondly, she had not divorced her husband.
Huh??? Is this a biblical commandment - thou must divorce an adulterous spouse or thou art a sinner, too??? Gen. Petraeus wife hasn't divorced him, either. I've heard this so often and am baffled - where do people get these ideas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections