Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 05:24 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Not sure if terrified is the word for what I am feeling right now.

Some of my belly dancing sisters expressed instances of hate they saw in town today such as posters about white america, a student group posting fliers for violence against minorities, and a woman being grabbed and slurred for being a liberal.

No, what I'm feeling are my auto defense systems activating, mostly right now the detection, procedures, and camouflage ones.

The thing is, those "systems" started when I was a child in the 60's and developed from there. Now, back then, it was because I was the kind that the neighborhood bullies targeted but as I grew up, the pool of triggers grew.

Such as during the Clinton administration and the procedural defense system. In those 90's, it looked like the place was turning into a police state.........therefore, be part of the police. There were various ways to do that such increasing one's qualifications so they can be of service to the State such as becoming a paramedic (which I'm not, but I am part of an organization that can provide trained manpower).

So a few things, in no particular order, in this new administration. I believe Trump is more controllable by the courts, so support the PACs of your choice. The ACLU is at the top of my list.

Secondly, every administration probably brings something from what we don't like to things that give us the shivers. My Great Aunt gave up cigarettes because she didn't want to pay Clinton the tax money. Bush the 2nd made me wonder if the Reichstag Fire had finally occurred. Obama has to be watched for constant end runs around the Constitution. The list can probably go on.

Third, one ought to recognize that despite periods of hiatus, one is probably never free of the need to look over their shoulder. It seems to be a function of life......and perhaps one ought to develop ways to best approach it.

Finally, it is here, it is now (or will be by January 20th). Face it, accept it, and then find ways to work through it the best way possible.........as us little people can who don't get to decide, really, how the planet is run.
Best strategy, adapt and survive...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2016, 05:26 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Don't know what else to say.

We have lost all cohesiveness. We have no respect for other people. No tolerance.

I am afraid we are in for a rough ride and more anarchy than we have see in most of our lifetimes.

This is not a joke people. It's not American Idol where you can vote in the worst singer for a laugh.

God help us all.

trump came in with division-- divide and conquer-- what are you expecting?

Old 11-10-2016, 05:31 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Best strategy, adapt and survive...
Adapt and survive, but there are limits. I for one will never in my lifetime turn against the the American ideals of liberty and equality. Not afraid of Trump or the radical band of thugs that voted him into office.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:46 AM

599 posts, read 692,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You must not have heard the results of the election when you posted it. The horror is over and Hillary was defeated. The Democratic platform of "divide and conquer" has come to an end for at least 4 years, and I suspect 8 to 12 years.

It wasn't a joke. It was about the issues: the economy, jobs, security and healthcare. I think many don't realize what people are experiencing beyond their own little circle and if they are doing fine, they don't give a darn about others.

God did help us as Clinton was defeated. Trump will need our continued support as we motivate our congress people to support what we the people want, not special interest groups.

Hopefully, we can heal from the shame that Clinton has brought to our country.

Media has brainwashed America, Hillary missed her chance, she should have run in 2004.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:46 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
And who said anything about rural America? Believe it or not, there are hard working, educated Americans who live in cities and suburbs who despise the Left and still hold traditional values.
I
Study your demographics, or better yet, study last night's election map.
Election map shows he won because of the aggregate of votes from rural America, where it seems many angry people live.

Old 11-10-2016, 05:48 AM

1,327 posts, read 722,648 times
And yet, look where the angry rioters live. Brain dead to the end

Old 11-10-2016, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2MD View Post
Media has brainwashed America, Hillary missed her chance, she should have run in 2004.
Yep, back when she was less overtly corrupt...

Old 11-10-2016, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Adapt and survive, but there are limits. I for one will never in my lifetime turn against the the American ideals of liberty and equality. Not afraid of Trump or the radical band of thugs that voted him into office.
You can hold any/all the beliefs you want, this is the U.S. after all. As for not being afraid? Good, you shouldn't be.
As Obama said, the sun will still come up tomorrow...

Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Okaay, Walmart cashiers and janitors are trained on the job, soooo....you have now placed this under the umbrella of education. On the job training is education, then anyone working is educated.
I said that education "may be" on the job. I did not say anything you learn on a job is considered education. My point (one would think it is obvious) is that you can learn a trade on the job, via an apprenticeship, or other skills training, and that an Ivy league degree is one way, but not the only way.

Don't make shat up just to derail a productive discussion. People here (at least some of them) are trying to make sense of the current situation, and offer positive feedback and ideas.

I acknowledge there are a crappy responses coming from both sides. Don't be one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections