Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 11:50 AM

19,656 posts, read 12,248,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While I do agree with your general sentiment that everyone does not need or want a degree from an overpriced school (and I do think some folks are condescending toward those who don't have them), I think you may be missing a big point, which really puts you in the camp of the person you were responding to.

The post you quoted did not mention an overpriced school, or even a piece of paper. It may have been implied, but you fell for the bait if it was.

I 100% agree with the person you quoted, America does need education, education, education.... That may be in the form of a degree, it may be in the form of a tech-school or vocational program, it may be on the job, or it may be travelling the world and experiencing it for ones-self.

I agree with your sentiment, but find it a bit disappointing that you exhibit the exact same bias you were posting against....

Okaay, Walmart cashiers and janitors are trained on the job, soooo....you have now placed this under the umbrella of education. On the job training is education, then anyone working is educated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 12:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This is the thing that I don't understand, you will have to help me with. Al sharpton ,Jessie Jackson and Louis Farrakhan have no love for Obama or Hillary but the KKK and the Aryan Nation are bowing down to Trump. And its us who is racist.

I probably wouldn't get all giddy if I were you, I have said it before, Trump is a Trojan Horse.
Your right, he probably is but not for the reasons you think. He's not going to go along with the GOP or DEM party lines in my opinion. Time to clean up both corrupt sides of the isles.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:35 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,030,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253valerie View Post
Look, I'm not happy Trump won, but clutching our pearls and ranting fear will not help anyone.

I saw something from a young Muslim girl whose mother told her not to wear her hijab in spite of the fact that her mother is one of the most religious people she knows - that's not okay, and spreading the fear that this is what our country now stands for is not okay either.

Trump supporters have said over and over again that they are not intolerant or racist, so instead of spreading fear - hold them to it. Hold Trump and his supporters to the standard that they set - to make America great. Part of what makes America great is it's diversity.
As long as it's LEGALLY as in by following our current immigration laws everyone is welcome...

Old 11-09-2016, 12:39 PM

237 posts, read 245,939 times
Quote:
Look, I'm not happy Trump won, but clutching our pearls and ranting fear will not help anyone.

I saw something from a young Muslim girl whose mother told her not to wear her hijab in spite of the fact that her mother is one of the most religious people she knows - that's not okay, and spreading the fear that this is what our country now stands for is not okay either.

Trump supporters have said over and over again that they are not intolerant or racist, so instead of spreading fear - hold them to it. Hold Trump and his supporters to the standard that they set - to make America great. Part of what makes America great is it's diversity.
The liberal media did that to them, not trump. I don't know when you're going to get that through your heads. He was never against muslims as a whole, EVER. He was against taking in refugees that have proven to be problematic for other countries. He was suggesting we worry about ourselves first. If your house is filthy do you go clean your neighbor's house? The liberal media went on and on about how he hated muslims, it was a tactic, not the truth.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:44 PM

305 posts, read 180,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
The liberal media did that to them, not trump. I don't know when you're going to get that through your heads. He was never against muslims as a whole, EVER. He was against taking in refugees that have proven to be problematic for other countries. He was suggesting we worry about ourselves first. If your house is filthy do you go clean your neighbor's house? The liberal media went on and on about how he hated muslims, it was a tactic, not the truth.
People feel the way they feel for various reasons. All I said was that we hold Trump and his supporters to a standard they set themselves. If it's a lie, it shouldn't be a problem then.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:45 PM

8,316 posts, read 3,934,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenoodle99 View Post
I don't think you know your brothers and sisters very well. Trump's campaign always had the underpinnings of hate, bigotry and racism - from day 1. Hate against Hillary Clinton and the "liberals" and nod-nod wink-wink acceptance of every misanthropic voter he could get under the umbrella. Absolutely I think there is a Trumpist element that would like nothing better than to go back to the 1950's pre Civil Rights era. Don't know if it's 5%, 10% or 20% but for better or worse when you threw your support behind Trump, you allied with these haters.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM

237 posts, read 245,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I don't think you know your brothers and sisters very well. Trump's campaign always had the underpinnings of hate, bigotry and racism - from day 1. Hate against Hillary Clinton and the "liberals" and nod-nod wink-wink acceptance of every misanthropic voter he could get under the umbrella. Absolutely I think there is a Trumpist element that would like nothing better than to go back to the 1950's pre Civil Rights era. Don't know if it's 5%, 10% or 20% but for better or worse when you threw your support behind Trump, you allied with these haters.
Oh please, nobody cares about those people. The same could be said from some of the other hate groups of different races that voted for Obama. I am hispanic and my great grandmother was extremely racist against white people like a lot of older hispanics are. Why would you even bother to validate that small 2% of ignorant people nobody cares about?

Old 11-09-2016, 02:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,804,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
With your attitude, you'll never respect what that piece of paper actually stands for. KNOWLEDGE.
Along with that beautiful thing that Americans can care less about, the ability to use one's head to analyze, problem solve, critically think, etc.. sorely missing from this country. We're getting owned by our industrialized neighbors and we wonder why the economy in limbo....
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
^^^This. Sorry, can't rep you.

Critical thinking skills are sorely lacking among our citizenry. I see so much intellectual laziness - not even truly "intellectual"; just the ability to think and write clearly, to do basic research, and to understand that everything online is not necessarily factual.

Our schools and families have their work cut out for them. But alas, I know a well-regarded, recognized public school teacher who could not distinguish between factual and unbiased online documentaries about the two presidential candidates and obvious smear pieces on YouTube. She stated that they were all documentaries, therefore they were all accurate and of equal value. This, from someone who'd taught our children for close to 30 years! Scary.

This intellectual deficiency and lack of awareness endangers not only the individuals who have it, but ultimately our nation's security and well-being
You dodged every point I made with your sad, pathetic, liberal talking points. Care to explain what any of this has anything to do with a degree? I understand you think you're part of the liberal elite that looks down on other people that do certain types of careers with your hypocrisy.

Kingtodd and others have tried to make the claim that people without a degree are the main reason Hillary because they're all idiots I guess? There's lots of people with degrees that are idiots. This is very apparent.

So are you making the claim that everyone out there in the country that doesn't have an official 4 degree in a certain isn't qualified to vote in elections? Are you contending that there should be a degree requirement to be able to vote?

Yes or no? I'm sure you'll dodge this question.

I truly feel sorry for you two and it's too bad the left has so many people like you. You're downright brainwashed. It's all part of why you lost..and now you're crying.

Too bad you lost but I love the sour grapes. You want some cheese with that whine?

Last edited by wanderlust76; 11-09-2016 at 02:15 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 02:15 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times
Quote:
As far as diversity goes.....

By taking one look at some of the people that attend Trump rallies, I bet you a few of them voted for Trump wishing they could say "Make America white again."

Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,804,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I don't mean to offend anybody here, but facts are facts. Uneducated, rural whites are where Trump won the presidency. They were his biggest turnout. ir kids. Rural America "wants their country back."
That's just bs liberal talking points that they have to spew to try and make themselves feel elite. Uneducated blacks and minorities overwhelmingly voted for Obama. According to the loony left wingers those people are smart I guess but an uneducated white person that voted for Trump isn't? How's that work exactly?? She lost for a lot of reasons do we really need to go over the list of reasons again of why people don't like her? Ohio has lots of cities why couldn't she seal the deal there? Same with Florida. She lost period and the people were making a statement.

Honestly the only hate I'm seeing is from the loony lefties some of which post on here and posted in this thread. If you're truly devastated by the hate you should be calling out your own kind.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 11-09-2016 at 02:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections