Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 02:37 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,815,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
You dodged every point I made with your sad, pathetic, liberal talking points. Care to explain what any of this has anything to do with a degree? I understand you think you're part of the liberal elite that looks down on other people that do certain types of careers with your hypocrisy.
I wasn't responding to your direct point, I was responding to your attitude towards the value of an education. Talking about it as a piece of paper like it's nothing. You know what's ironic? Without education, you wouldn't even be typing your reply. KNOWLEDGE is what drives technology and innovation. So is your plan to suppress the desire for knowledge from the country? Keep America dumb and uneducated? And yeah, you can say the liberal elite are mostly the highly educated folks and you know why? Because it's valuable. Here's your GOP's laissez faire unregulated economics coming into play, because the market says it's valuable. Why else would being an engineer pay 3-5x more than a cashier.

Quote:
Kingtodd and others have tried to make the claim that people without a degree are the main reason Hillary because they're all idiots I guess? There's lots of people with degrees that are idiots. This is very apparent.
There are more uneducated idiots than there are educated idiots, you still fail to make your point and it's not very apparent.

Quote:
So are you making the claim that everyone out there in the country that doesn't have an official 4 degree in a certain isn't qualified to vote in elections? Are you contending that there should be a degree requirement to be able to vote?
Yes or no? I'm sure you'll dodge this question.
I never even once stated this. I'm pointing out the fact that Americans don't respect and value what an education brings and you're the best example. While every other single industrialized country is doing better than us in terms of educating their own citizens (not even college, just regular high school/primary school). We think we're a know it all and have this arrogant attitude that we don't need to learn anymore than we have to. This is the problem and it's a cultural problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 03:19 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,813,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Don't know what else to say.

We have lost all cohesiveness. We have no respect for other people. No tolerance.

I am afraid we are in for a rough ride and more anarchy than we have see in most of our lifetimes.

This is not a joke people. It's not American Idol where you can vote in the worst singer for a laugh.

God help us all.

I've said it all..to the point I'm even kinda tired of saying it but I have so much negative emotion inside of me. I don't think I'll ever get over this unless some miracle happens.

I'm so floored that the fact that ignorance and hypocrisy have prevailed once again. I wish I had the desire to run for president (well I'm not old enough) then I could prove to people how messed up this really is.

Like I said I will try to cope by going back to my fantasy land but the rational side of me is very angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've never felt this way after an election before, whether my chosen candidate won or lost. Right now, the American people have elected a man who has shown it's okay to be a bully, to shout down those who disagree with him, threaten them with prison, to do whatever he likes to women (and girls), to lie incessantly, to sow hate, fear and anger. It's like the reverse of every movie where the bully gets punched in the mouth. Today, the bully triumphs and smiles down from his tower.
Me neither. I wouldn't have cared too much if Romney won or even McCain especially if I knew then what I know today. I always vote for my party but I don't generally watch coverage. I normally hate politics but this election could easily be threatening.
I am envious because I know that it's because he has money/had money in combination with he just says whatever his supporters would agree with. It doesn't matter how filthy it is. If they agree with it they eat it up like pudding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Don't worry, this is how millions of us felt when Obama was elected and we survived. It hasn't been easy, but we've survived and you will too.
No I won't. I'm barely hanging on as it is. I was already ready to check myself into a mental ward. I don't need tip overs.
My only means of hanging on is if I can live in a fantasy 24/7 or Trump drops out but I know I can't do the first thing I said all the time. Trump will most likely drop out but that's going to take some time so I don't know if I can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I am trying to stay positive about this, even though I am concerned, as are you. I have a very good feeling that we have not seen the final chapter in this bizarre situation yet............it is going to get very interesting in the next 6 month or so.
I am trying to but it seems like the few times in my life I have an inkling of positivity my hopes are shot to pieces. A few weeks ago someone was trying to help me so I really pushed to trust that we could do it but then Trump gets elected almost as if fate is telling me I don't deserve to be happy.
Maybe I did something wrong in a past life. This is why this is happening to me. It's just a shame the rest of America may have to pay for whatever I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I blame democrats just as much for letting this happen, as many people found Hillary to be unlikable and untrustworthy. Bernie probably wins last night
I didn't mind voting for Hilary. However, I thought about voting for a third party but I was worried I was going to be the only one. When I think about it Bernie might have been right up my alley. If the election was today and we could do it over I would vote for Bernie if I knew enough people joined me.

That's okay though OP. As angry envious upset etc as I am if this country goes to pot more than it did before I will be the one to say "I told you so" and "now you know how I've felt my entire life and the funny thing is I've never blamed the president for it even Bush" Because while Bush was an idiot at least he struck me as a nice person.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,033,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
I've said it all..to the point I'm even kinda tired of saying it but I have so much negative emotion inside of me. I don't think I'll ever get over this unless some miracle happens.

I'm so floored that the fact that ignorance and hypocrisy have prevailed once again. I wish I had the desire to run for president (well I'm not old enough) then I could prove to people how messed up this really is.

Like I said I will try to cope by going back to my fantasy land but the rational side of me is very angry.

Me neither. I wouldn't have cared too much if Romney won or even McCain especially if I knew then what I know today. I always vote for my party but I don't generally watch coverage. I normally hate politics but this election could easily be threatening.
I am envious because I know that it's because he has money/had money in combination with he just says whatever his supporters would agree with. It doesn't matter how filthy it is. If they agree with it they eat it up like pudding.

No I won't. I'm barely hanging on as it is. I was already ready to check myself into a mental ward. I don't need tip overs.
My only means of hanging on is if I can live in a fantasy 24/7 or Trump drops out but I know I can't do the first thing I said all the time. Trump will most likely drop out but that's going to take some time so I don't know if I can wait.

I am trying to but it seems like the few times in my life I have an inkling of positivity my hopes are shot to pieces. A few weeks ago someone was trying to help me so I really pushed to trust that we could do it but then Trump gets elected almost as if fate is telling me I don't deserve to be happy.
Maybe I did something wrong in a past life. This is why this is happening to me. It's just a shame the rest of America may have to pay for whatever I did.

I didn't mind voting for Hilary. However, I thought about voting for a third party but I was worried I was going to be the only one. When I think about it Bernie might have been right up my alley. If the election was today and we could do it over I would vote for Bernie if I knew enough people joined me.

That's okay though OP. As angry envious upset etc as I am if this country goes to pot more than it did before I will be the one to say "I told you so" and "now you know how I've felt my entire life and the funny thing is I've never blamed the president for it even Bush" Because while Bush was an idiot at least he struck me as a nice person.
Well, to quote Obama "I won, get over it"...

Old 11-09-2016, 06:55 PM

500 posts, read 841,982 times
Liberal luvvies crying

Special snowflakes didn't have it their way... oh noes, horror!

Who could think pushing for WW3 would work as election-time strategy??

Old 11-09-2016, 06:58 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,518,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Don't know what else to say.

We have lost all cohesiveness. We have no respect for other people. No tolerance.

I am afraid we are in for a rough ride and more anarchy than we have see in most of our lifetimes.

This is not a joke people. It's not American Idol where you can vote in the worst singer for a laugh.

God help us all.
You poor thing, wish I could share some homemade chicken soup or invite you to play paintball. I think you are going to be delightfully surprised, it's going to be okay.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:59 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
Scared? Like when Obama said that when people like me fear we cling to our guns and Bibles?
What took place yesterday then into the early morning the next day wasn't anything to fear it was democracy in action and the people have spoken.Viva the revolution ... no more Clinton's ...no more Bush's...no NWO.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:02 PM

500 posts, read 841,982 times
Liberals should dig holes to hide now...REALITY is coming to crush their pink Unicorn land!!! (or, hopefully leave en masse, to Mexico, where they belong! Canada does not accept useless ones!)

Old 11-09-2016, 09:38 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,284,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He has 2 to fill right ways. Don't forget, Ginsberg promised to leave the country.

Gee, I wonder if she needs some help packing?
No, they need her. Thomas uses her as a footstool.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:41 PM

1,327 posts, read 723,903 times
I'm more terrified that the left thinks this way. How terribly sad to be them.

On the other hand, I'm feeling optimistic, after eight long, destructive years, that we might have a chance to be the America we once were. Better even.

Old 11-10-2016, 01:29 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,024,713 times
Not sure if terrified is the word for what I am feeling right now.

Some of my belly dancing sisters expressed instances of hate they saw in town today such as posters about white america, a student group posting fliers for violence against minorities, and a woman being grabbed and slurred for being a liberal.

No, what I'm feeling are my auto defense systems activating, mostly right now the detection, procedures, and camouflage ones.

The thing is, those "systems" started when I was a child in the 60's and developed from there. Now, back then, it was because I was the kind that the neighborhood bullies targeted but as I grew up, the pool of triggers grew.

Such as during the Clinton administration and the procedural defense system. In those 90's, it looked like the place was turning into a police state.........therefore, be part of the police. There were various ways to do that such increasing one's qualifications so they can be of service to the State such as becoming a paramedic (which I'm not, but I am part of an organization that can provide trained manpower).

So a few things, in no particular order, in this new administration. I believe Trump is more controllable by the courts, so support the PACs of your choice. The ACLU is at the top of my list.

Secondly, every administration probably brings something from what we don't like to things that give us the shivers. My Great Aunt gave up cigarettes because she didn't want to pay Clinton the tax money. Bush the 2nd made me wonder if the Reichstag Fire had finally occurred. Obama has to be watched for constant end runs around the Constitution. The list can probably go on.

Third, one ought to recognize that despite periods of hiatus, one is probably never free of the need to look over their shoulder. It seems to be a function of life......and perhaps one ought to develop ways to best approach it.

Finally, it is here, it is now (or will be by January 20th). Face it, accept it, and then find ways to work through it the best way possible.........as us little people can who don't get to decide, really, how the planet is run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections