Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Hillary Clinton have anything to do with Stein's Fund for Recount? Multiple Choice Poll
Sure. "and" She secretly donated to the fund 54 31.40%
Sure she did. Still being Crooked-Hillary 81 47.09%
No Way! 24 13.95%
The Russians had something to do with it. 2 1.16%
The election was hacked for sure, right? 4 2.33%
The Donaters to Stein's fund are about to get ripped off $$$$ Burned! 39 22.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 12:07 PM

26,476 posts, read 15,060,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
The guy who oversees the recount is a HRC shill. Trump better have his lawyers there..........
Here comes the HANGING CHAD.........
Yes. In Michigan we must completely fill in ovals with a pen. There has been talk that a recount "should" look to see if there was a small mark in another oval to throw out ballots. How much do you want to bet a small ink speck in another oval will be argued as cause for tossing out a ballot where the entire oval is filled for Trump.

Shenanigans will abound from those that gave lectures on accepting results.

Old 11-30-2016, 12:12 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Hahahahahaha

Rocky De La Fuente mocks Hillary & Stein.

Official Recount Petition Filed In Nevada By Rocky De La Fuente; Vows Florida Recount Up Next
Please Charge my credit card for the required services (deposit) A)

$12,498.58 as well, for Clark County And charge my Credit Card (AMEX) accordingly on the other Counties

Old 11-30-2016, 12:23 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Thanks liberals.... Jill Stein won the lottery and you paid for it and the winnings... Merry Christmas

Old 11-30-2016, 12:27 PM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
A recount??

What happened to the peaceful transition of power that Hillary and everyone else pounded telling us that it could disrupt democracy and all that?
Oh wait that was before Trump won and they asked him if he would concede when he lost..

Can we say "Sore Losers"?

Old 11-30-2016, 12:46 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The few seats democrats gained, with the perfect storm for them (presidential election, 2:1 GOP seats being up for grabs in senate), will be lost quickly in 18 when dems will be protecting 2:1 of the senate seats with many of them being in red states plus the higher GOP turnout in midterm election will lead to republicans gaining seats in both houses. Republicans are also one state away from controlling the needed amount of state legislators to pass constitutional amendments without democrat support. I could see dems making inroads in the senate in 2020, but barring a complete f up the pendulum will continue to swing towards republicans in 2018.
Well Trump's new HHS secretary, Tom Price promises to repeal the ACA, privatize medicare and get rid of expanded medicaid within the first 6 months of Trump's presidency and he's accepted plenty of campaign contributions from the players who would benefit.

Trump is loading cabinet positions with billionaires and insiders:

Steve Mnuchin, treasury who is called the "foreclosure king"

Elaine Chao Transportation, McConnell's wife & former labor secretary under Bush

Betsy de Vos, Education, whose family owns Amway with a net family wealth of 5.1 billion

Wilbur Ross, Commerce Secretary, another billionaire called the "king of bankruptcy", he owned Sago Mine at the time of the explosion that killed 12 miners, afterwards he said this: In early 2006, the Sago coal mine owned by Ross exploded, triggering a collapse that killed a dozen miners. Federal safety inspectors in 2005 had cited the West Virginia mine with 208 violations. Ross said afterward that he knew about the safety violations but that the mine's management had assured him that it was a "safe situation."

I think if you asked the average Trump voter if that is what they thought 'draining the swamp' meant, they would probably disagree. I can't see that any of these people would do anything for the middle class, their lives have been built around filling their own coffers and if he let's them call the shots I think Democrats will be in charge by 2020.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,848,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well Trump's new HHS secretary, Tom Price promises to repeal the ACA, privatize medicare and get rid of expanded medicaid within the first 6 months of Trump's presidency and he's accepted plenty of campaign contributions from the players who would benefit.

Elaine Chao Transportation, McConnell's wife & former labor secretary under Bush

Betsy de Vos, Education, whose family owns Amway with a net family wealth of 5.1 billion

Wilbur Ross, Commerce Secretary, another billionaire called the "king of bankruptcy", he owned Sago Mine at the time of the explosion that killed 12 miners, afterwards he said this: In early 2006, the Sago coal mine owned by Ross exploded, triggering a collapse that killed a dozen miners. Federal safety inspectors in 2005 had cited the West Virginia mine with 208 violations. Ross said afterward that he knew about the safety violations but that the mine's management had assured him that it was a "safe situation."

I think if you asked the average Trump voter if that is what they thought 'draining the swamp' meant, they would probably disagree. I can't see that any of these people would do anything for the middle class, their lives have been built around filling their own coffers and if he let's them call the shots I think Democrats will be in charge by 2020.
So EXCITED with the Trump Cabinet!! They going to wipe the floor with the democratic party... Merry Christmas...

Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

The average voter has no idea who is appointed to anything. I would be less than 5% of Americans know more than one person who holds a cabinet level position. Not to mention most Americans are for repealing and replacing Obamacare.

You are grasping at straws.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:07 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,327,185 times
Default Rendell: Stein recount effort 'a big waste of time'

Good article in the Philly papers about the possible Pennsylvania recount:

Rendell: Stein recount effort 'a big waste of time'

"Believe me if there was anything I could do to make Hillary Clinton the next president of the United States I would," said former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, a longtime Clinton supporter. "But this is a big waste of time."

Former President Bill Clinton, meanwhile, has been poring over the election results, second-guessing decisions by top campaign aides and intensely trying to figure out how his wife lost the white working-class voters who were the base of his electoral coalition, say people familiar with the campaign.

Old 11-30-2016, 03:57 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,247,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The average voter has no idea who is appointed to anything. I would be less than 5% of Americans know more than one person who holds a cabinet level position. Not to mention most Americans are for repealing and replacing Obamacare. You are grasping at straws.
Most people favor repealing Obamacare? Maybe in your alternate universe, but in a poll taken after the election Only a minority, 37 percent, want to repeal Obamacare altogether and start over, as Trump has promised to do

As far as your claim that few people know who holds a cabinet position, yeah that's probably true, but I think it's important to try to understand who is being appointed to those positions so you can get an idea of what policies they will propose, privatizing medicare, education funding, wage laws..those have a direct impact on our lives.

Old 11-30-2016, 04:14 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
I feel sorry for anyone who'll donate to that nonsense. Now THAT'S the epitome of a cash grab.

I'm already waiting to see the results showing "3 million illegals" who voted for Hillary!
About as sorry as you feel for disappointed Hillaryminions contributing to a recount in three states by a candidate who won less than 1% of the vote, for no reason other than "the results didn't turn out as we expected", and which is dismissed by even a number of Democrats as a waste of time and money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections